Are 80% of those on Obamacare people who voted for Trump?

Shocking that anyone, right or left, should obey a mandated law. They must have voted against their own interests, rather than believe it could be replaced with something more affordable. The irony!!:lol:
Shocking that anyone, right or left, should obey a mandated law.

Like speed limits?

Taxes are a mandate.
Needing money is a mandate.
Needing food is a mandate.

People without healthcare die. Republicans cheer. Even when it's other Republicans.

Needing is a mandate? WTF does that even mean?

It was a political bribe. A "limited time only" offer. Have to kiss ass and declare Obamacare so wise. And then 3 years down the road -- when it's a smoking heap and you've tossed good state money into it -- we get to laugh at the morons who took the bait..

I don't think much critical thinking went in to the decision process for the states that refused expansion. We are talking about the health care of families and individuals making less than 130% of the poverty level. Without expansion and ineligible for subsidies they have no access to affordable health insurance. But, when a medical emergency comes up, they will be forced to seek medical care at public hospitals. Who pays? Why it's the citizens of Tennessee, in the form of higher taxes to support those public hospitals and higher premiums to support the uninsured. But they get a bonus, they get to pay for the health care of that same group of people in all the other states that expanded Medicaid through their federal taxes too. So I am not really getting your laugh at the morons bit. You are paying for that moron's poor neighbors blood pressure medication AND the hospital and convalescent care of your poor neighbor that had a stroke because they couldn't afford their blood pressure medication.

So?? 40% of Tennesseans lost coverage THIS year under O-Care because Obama and crew is NOT MANAGING IT PROPERLY.

I'm sure you meant to say "are" not managing it properly. Just as I'm sure you don't understand that the TN issue is one of those states rights issues y'all are so proud of when you get your own way.

TN legislators refused the Medicaid expansion. That's why Tennesseans lost their coverage, period, full stop. Unless you believe either that Obama is omnipotent and controls the minds of every American, or that he should have sent the National Guard to surround the State House until the legislators kowtowed to the law.

So?? 40% of Tennesseans lost coverage THIS year under O-Care because Obama and crew is NOT MANAGING IT PROPERLY.

I'm sure you meant to say "are" not managing it properly. Just as I'm sure you don't understand that the TN issue is one of those states rights issues y'all are so proud of when you get your own way.

TN legislators refused the Medicaid expansion. That's why Tennesseans lost their coverage, period, full stop. Unless you believe either that Obama is omnipotent and controls the minds of every American, or that he should have sent the National Guard to surround the State House until the legislators kowtowed to the law.

The strings attached to MediCaid expansion the way THAT plan were proposed, didn't get Tenn as far as the innovative reforms that the State itself wanted to make. And it wasn't "an expansion". It was a sloughing off of people FROM MediCaid to CRAPPY O-CARE policies that would BANKRUPT the low wage families if they ever so much as BROKE A FINGER.. .

The reason the primary insurer dropped out has NOTHING to do "MediCaid expansion" and everything to do with under the table crony deals that HHS made to "bail out the insurers" --- that OF COURSE -- Washington renege on. Like they will renege on the Medicaid "expansion".. We're run TOO WELL to be chasing crazy stuff dangled in front of our noses.

The strings attached to MediCaid expansion the way THAT plan were proposed, didn't get Tenn as far as the innovative reforms that the State itself wanted to make. And it wasn't "an expansion". It was a sloughing off of people FROM MediCaid to CRAPPY O-CARE policies that would BANKRUPT the low wage families if they ever so much as BROKE A FINGER.. .

The reason the primary insurer dropped out has NOTHING to do "MediCaid expansion" and everything to do with under the table crony deals that HHS made to "bail out the insurers" --- that OF COURSE -- Washington renege on. Like they will renege on the Medicaid "expansion".. We're run TOO WELL to be chasing crazy stuff dangled in front of our noses.

You must be getting your information from one of those "fake news" sites. First, you seem to be confusing TennCare with Insure Tennessee. TennCare is for those making less than 100% of the FPL. It has no premiums and no cost sharing. Insure Tennessee was the program your governor proposed to replace the expansion of Medicaid. It was to cover those from 100% to 138% of the FPL. It did have premiums and copays. The government refused to approve it for several reasons, none of which could be considered stopping "innovative" reforms. First, it allowed for the state to remove individuals who had not paid premiums, refused to limit those premiums to no more than two percent of income, and perhaps most glaring, refused acceptance to anyone with an outstanding medical bill.

The worse thing about Tennessee's refusal is that in Tennessee case there really was NO COST. The hospital groups in the state had agreed to pay the cost sharing requirement.

Tennessee turns down Obamacare Medicaid expansion

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/01/insure-tennessee-need-know/22692999/

Trump voters didn’t take him literally on Obamacare. Oops?

Sarah Kliff wrote a poignant account last week of her visit to Whitley County, Ky., where the uninsured rate declined 60 percent under Obamacare but 82 percent of voters supported Trump. There, Kliff, a former Post colleague, found Trump voters who were downright frightened that the president-elect would do exactly — literally — what he and Republicans promised: repeal Obamacare.

Among those she found was Trump voter Debbie Mills, a store owner whose husband awaits a lifesaving liver transplant; they got insurance through Obamacare, and Mills is hoping the law won’t be repealed.

Many of the functions that would necessarily face the ax under Trump’s promises — job training, education, child-care assistance and the like — benefit groups that were Trump’s strongest supporters. The cuts would disproportionately hurt red states in the South, mountains and plains that receive far more in federal spending than they pay in taxes.

Tribalism run amok: Now Donald Trump voters are worried he might take their Obamacare away

There was an assumption that Trump was lying about repealing the healthcare law, because so many politicians make promises they have no intention of keeping. There was a belief that he would never get rid a program that had genuinely helped them.

Kentucky voters had spent the entire Obama administration overwhelmingly voting to send the ACA’s sworn enemies to Congress to kill it, even as they themselves were benefiting from the law. It apparently never occurred to them that they might be seeding the ground for repeal. As long as they stuck it to the big-government coastal elites of the Democratic Party, not much else mattered.

Who would become uninsured under Obamacare repeal? Trump supporters

If Obamacare were dismantled, the number of uninsured Americans would rise to 58.7 million in 2019, a jump of nearly 30 million, according to a new study from the Urban Institute. The study did not look at the impact of replacement options since no detailed plans have been provided.

Whites and those without college degrees have been among the biggest winners under Obamacare, in terms of gaining coverage, said Linda Blumberg, senior fellow in the Health Policy Center at the Urban Institute. So these groups dominate the share of people who would lose out if the law were repealed.

------------------------------------------
They just assumed he didn't mean it. They believed his passion but didn't take him literally.

Well, I hope it takes a least a year. I'm already on Obamacare but I won't quality for Medicare for a little more than a year. I suspect after Republicans fuck over millions of their base, they won't rush to fuck over seniors by damaging Medicare. By that time, it will be getting close to midterms. If the GOP loses the house, Trump becomes vulnerable to impeachment.

Republicans are literally creaming their Brookes Brothers thinking about screwing over 30 million Americans. It's a GOP wet dream. The chance of a lifetime.
"Obamacare" does not exist, jackass.

You must be getting your information from one of those "fake news" sites. First, you seem to be confusing TennCare with Insure Tennessee. TennCare is for those making less than 100% of the FPL. It has no premiums and no cost sharing. Insure Tennessee was the program your governor proposed to replace the expansion of Medicaid. It was to cover those from 100% to 138% of the FPL. It did have premiums and copays. The government refused to approve it for several reasons, none of which could be considered stopping "innovative" reforms. First, it allowed for the state to remove individuals who had not paid premiums, refused to limit those premiums to no more than two percent of income, and perhaps most glaring, refused acceptance to anyone with an outstanding medical bill.

The worse thing about Tennessee's refusal is that in Tennessee case there really was NO COST. The hospital groups in the state had agreed to pay the cost sharing requirement.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/01/insure-tennessee-need-know/22692999/

I'm not confusing anything. You've swallowed the bait whole about the Medicaid "expansion" that was part of ObamaCare. Same deals generally applied. Moving folks from TRADITIONAL MediCaid to the crappy "bronze or silver" plans.. Just with a bit more premium "subsidy" kicked in.

That doesn't fix the fact that with a $3000 or $5000 deductible, you would BANKRUPT anybody that actually NEEDED a premium subsidy. Because THEY would be paying for nearly EVERY medical service up to the $3K or $5K limit every year..

You've been brainwashed. Which is worse than just being fooled.

Trump voters didn’t take him literally on Obamacare. Oops?

Sarah Kliff wrote a poignant account last week of her visit to Whitley County, Ky., where the uninsured rate declined 60 percent under Obamacare but 82 percent of voters supported Trump. There, Kliff, a former Post colleague, found Trump voters who were downright frightened that the president-elect would do exactly — literally — what he and Republicans promised: repeal Obamacare.

Among those she found was Trump voter Debbie Mills, a store owner whose husband awaits a lifesaving liver transplant; they got insurance through Obamacare, and Mills is hoping the law won’t be repealed.

Many of the functions that would necessarily face the ax under Trump’s promises — job training, education, child-care assistance and the like — benefit groups that were Trump’s strongest supporters. The cuts would disproportionately hurt red states in the South, mountains and plains that receive far more in federal spending than they pay in taxes.

Tribalism run amok: Now Donald Trump voters are worried he might take their Obamacare away

There was an assumption that Trump was lying about repealing the healthcare law, because so many politicians make promises they have no intention of keeping. There was a belief that he would never get rid a program that had genuinely helped them.

Kentucky voters had spent the entire Obama administration overwhelmingly voting to send the ACA’s sworn enemies to Congress to kill it, even as they themselves were benefiting from the law. It apparently never occurred to them that they might be seeding the ground for repeal. As long as they stuck it to the big-government coastal elites of the Democratic Party, not much else mattered.

Who would become uninsured under Obamacare repeal? Trump supporters

If Obamacare were dismantled, the number of uninsured Americans would rise to 58.7 million in 2019, a jump of nearly 30 million, according to a new study from the Urban Institute. The study did not look at the impact of replacement options since no detailed plans have been provided.

Whites and those without college degrees have been among the biggest winners under Obamacare, in terms of gaining coverage, said Linda Blumberg, senior fellow in the Health Policy Center at the Urban Institute. So these groups dominate the share of people who would lose out if the law were repealed.

------------------------------------------
They just assumed he didn't mean it. They believed his passion but didn't take him literally.

Well, I hope it takes a least a year. I'm already on Obamacare but I won't quality for Medicare for a little more than a year. I suspect after Republicans fuck over millions of their base, they won't rush to fuck over seniors by damaging Medicare. By that time, it will be getting close to midterms. If the GOP loses the house, Trump becomes vulnerable to impeachment.

Republicans are literally creaming their Brookes Brothers thinking about screwing over 30 million Americans. It's a GOP wet dream. The chance of a lifetime.
This is why I want Republican to repeal obamacare, end welfare and foodstamps and make abortion illegal. All the people who use these things but can't be bothered to show up and vote don't deserve those benefits.

I feel bad for the good ones who will suffer but collectively the poor deserve what they get. Don't vote don't matter.

I'm not confusing anything. You've swallowed the bait whole about the Medicaid "expansion" that was part of ObamaCare. Same deals generally applied. Moving folks from TRADITIONAL MediCaid to the crappy "bronze or silver" plans.. Just with a bit more premium "subsidy" kicked in.

That doesn't fix the fact that with a $3000 or $5000 deductible, you would BANKRUPT anybody that actually NEEDED a premium subsidy. Because THEY would be paying for nearly EVERY medical service up to the $3K or $5K limit every year..

You've been brainwashed. Which is worse than just being fooled.

Project much? Had Tennessee expanded Medicaid per the ACA those making less than 138% of the FPL would have been covered by Medicaid. No premium, minimal copayments, no deductible. More than likely they would have been covered under Tennessee managed care plan. No "tossing off" of anyone.

And I am sorry, but if a five thousand dollar plan would bankrupt someone they probably got no business paying a premium for their health insurance. Which is one of the "reforms" Tennessee wanted to implement, forcing Medicaid beneficiaries to pay a premium and canceling that coverage if they can't pay it. Worse, refusing them coverage if they had an outstanding medical bill. How does that make sense to anyone other than the medical providers?

The truth is you can't defend Tennessee's actions based on the facts and thereby have to fabricate your own story.

Sad.

Forum List

Back