Arab commentator: When the state of Israel was established, there was no state called palestine—It did not exist.

Where do you find these arab nut cases? ... :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:

You see any place named palestine on this administrative map of the Ottoman Empire, or did Ottoman Muslims obliterate it?

F9673629-7BD2-4292-B654-3F59C3F406CC.jpeg

Arab commentator: “When the State of Israel was established, there was no state called ‘palestine.’ Where did we get that name? It did not exist.”
The Palestinians were PHILISTINES. You need to read the Bible some more.

Where do you find these arab nut cases? ... :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:

Renowned Arab historian Dr. Philip Hitti
Arab commentator: “When the State of Israel was established, there was no state called ‘palestine.’ Where did we get that name? It did not exist.”
The Palestinians were PHILISTINES. You need to read the Bible some more.

Um, Philistines were related to Greeks and have been extinct for thousands of years. Bible says they came from Crete. D’oh!

So what? Until recently there were no countries named Belarus, Slovakia and Slovenia either. Also, the Romans called it Palestine, so it really doesn't matter what late comers like the Ottomans called it.

So what? Until recently there were no countries named Belarus, Slovakia and Slovenia either. Also, the Romans called it Palestine, so it really doesn't matter what late comers like the Ottomans called it.

Romans called the country Judea, signifying land of the Jews.

Romans called the country Judea, signifying land of the Jews.
But after the failed Bar Kochba rebellion of the Jews in 132 CE.
The Roman's kicked all jews out of the land and renamed it Philistia, which later was anglicized into Palestine. .... :cool:

Maybe try reading a history book? Romans never “kicked all Jews out.” In fact, Jews were granted Roman citizenship. Jerusalem Talmud was written where?

You see any place named palestine on this administrative map of the Ottoman Empire, or did Ottoman Muslims obliterate it?
I sure don't see any place named Israel on the map. ... :lol: :lol:

That is very true, but that was because The Ottoman Empire existed for 4 centuries until 1918, the Britain took over control of the region, from HISTORY:

The Balfour Declaration
From 1517 to 1917, Israel, along with much of the Middle East, was ruled by the Ottoman Empire.

But World War I dramatically altered the geopolitical landscape in the Middle East. In 1917, at the height of the war, British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour submitted a letter of intent supporting the establishment of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. The British government hoped that the formal declaration—known thereafter as the Balfour Declaration—would encourage support for the Allies in World War I.

When World War I ended in 1918 with an Allied victory, the 400-year Ottoman Empire rule ended, and Great Britain took control over what became known as Palestine (modern-day Israel, Palestine and Jordan).

The Balfour Declaration and the British mandate over Palestine were approved by the League of Nations in 1922. Arabs vehemently opposed the Balfour Declaration, concerned that a Jewish homeland would mean the subjugation of Arab Palestinians.

The British controlled Palestine until Israel, in the years following the end of World War II, became an independent state in 1947.

LINK

======

Palestine was named for a REGION, from HISTORY

What Is Palestine?
Until 1948, Palestine typically referred to the geographic region located between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. Arab people who call this territory home have been known as Palestinians since the early 20th century. Much of this land is now considered present-day Israel.

LINK

I sure don't see any place named Israel on the map. ... :lol: :lol:

That is very true, but that was because The Ottoman Empire existed for 4 centuries until 1918, the Britain took over control of the region, from HISTORY:

The Balfour Declaration
From 1517 to 1917, Israel, along with much of the Middle East, was ruled by the Ottoman Empire.

But World War I dramatically altered the geopolitical landscape in the Middle East. In 1917, at the height of the war, British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour submitted a letter of intent supporting the establishment of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. The British government hoped that the formal declaration—known thereafter as the Balfour Declaration—would encourage support for the Allies in World War I.

When World War I ended in 1918 with an Allied victory, the 400-year Ottoman Empire rule ended, and Great Britain took control over what became known as Palestine (modern-day Israel, Palestine and Jordan).

The Balfour Declaration and the British mandate over Palestine were approved by the League of Nations in 1922. Arabs vehemently opposed the Balfour Declaration, concerned that a Jewish homeland would mean the subjugation of Arab Palestinians.

The British controlled Palestine until Israel, in the years following the end of World War II, became an independent state in 1947.

LINK

======

Palestine was named for a REGION, from HISTORY

What Is Palestine?
Until 1948, Palestine typically referred to the geographic region located between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. Arab people who call this territory home have been known as Palestinians since the early 20th century. Much of this land is now considered present-day Israel.

LINK

Palestine is a European name, not Middle Eastern. No place palestine has ever actually existed.

The local Aryan land owners considered themselves Syrians. Where the migrants came from isn't of any importance, since they weren't locals. The region was part of the Ottoman province of Greater Syria.

Forum List

Back