April jobs report is 1/4 of what was predicted. A paltry 244K. What happened to Biden's 'Rescue Plan'?

“paltry 244,000”

Higher than Trumps average for four years
But then again, Trump lost 3 million jobs on his watch
/——/ No, those jobs were lost when democRAT governors shut down their states. But you already knew that, didn’t you?
^^^ another conservative = another liar.
icon_rolleyes.gif

No one with a functioning brain knows that, lying con. In reality, most, if not all, states shut down, including those with Republican governors.

And they did so after Trump told them they should.

President Donald Trump and his coronavirus task force on Monday issued new, stricter guidelines to stop the spread of the disease, including that states with evidence of community transmission should close bars, restaurants and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregate.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.
Sure. most if not all took precausations when the Chinese Virus first started spreading out of NY, Cali and the Pacific NE....the difference is the GOP Govs, followed the science, protected the most at risk, as well protected their small businesses, and allowed reopenings.

Others keep massive lockdowns...some starts still are...and ignored the science
Again, that varied from state to state based on how hard they were hit. And again, red state Florida, like some other states, didn't fully open until late September. And what was the science then which indicated it was safe to reopen?
The mass shut downs didn't help anything only made things worse.

The science that the mass lockdowns didn't work. Let's face it, Grandma Killin' Cuomo, Newbie, etc were only doing it to harm the economy in an election year. FL did it right, not just by protecting the elderly, but recognizing it's beyond a state by state bases, but a locality by locality....and you did more harm, by ignoring the science and locking people away
Florida had the advantage of learning from New York's mistakes. Still, the state was closed in different phases for six months. There was no science indicating the failure of lock downs. That's just you saying it. And again, it was Trump who started it.
they simply followed the science...NY not so much

sure there is science that says the dem lockdowns failed
LOL

Again, what science? Be specific. Just saying, 'they followed the science' doesn't actually reveal the science of which you speak.
the science that showed that people continued to get it and spread it even with the massive lockdowns
Do you have a link to such science that shows there would have been the same or even fewer deaths without locking down?
<crickets>
sure look a cali and ny and look at the rates in other states
Who knows why you think I should look for evidence of your claims. You claim there's a science which shows lock downs cause more death. Yet you utterly refusing to prove your claim.

Just like you're utterly refusing to show which of JFK's policies ended the recession on his watch. You spit out tax cuts, but that clearly didn't end the recession. You also said he was very conservative but taxes were cut to 70%. If 70% is very conservative, who knows why conservatives bitched and moaned when Clinton and Obama set that rate at 39.5%?
stay ignorant to the numbers

i don’t care
LOL

What numbers? You're not posting anything. I keep asking but you have no response.

I'm asking for proof of some purported science you claim shows covid deaths are higher because of the lock downs -- you post nothing to show that.

I'm asking for proof of JFK's policies that ended the recession on his watch -- you post nothing to show that either.

Please tell me you're not expecting others to just take your word, says proof, on whatever loghorrea spews from you?
the rates from each state that were published regularly

JFK cut taxes i told you already
/——/ JFK died before his tax cuts were passed. LBJ signed them into law.
That's correct. But forget that JFK didn't pass that tax cut, that technicality is irrelevant to this discussion. What IS relevant is the moronic claim that a tax cut which went into effect in February, 1964, ended a recession which ended 3 years earlier in February, 1961.

embarrassed-gif.489110
The economy reacted to his proposal and policies.

tps://www.npr.org/2013/11/12/244772593/jfks-lasting-economic-legacy-lower-tax-rates

"
In contrast, Kennedy enjoyed a nearly miraculous economic turnaround. At the time of his death in November 1963, an employment boom was beginning. Stocks were soaring, swept up in the emerging "go-go" era on Wall Street — a time when investors were falling in love with mutual funds and conglomerates.

So, what exactly did Kennedy do? And as the nation marks the half-century anniversary of his assassination, do the experts credit him with having a lasting economic legacy?

Most historians say Kennedy's long-term economic impact was profound but complicated. Virtually all agree that in the short run, his policies did contribute to that golden era of the mid-1960s when the United States was enjoying one of the most robust economic expansions in history.

But Kennedy also did something that conservatives have been praising ever since: He pushed for much lower tax rates.

In 1962, speaking at the Economic Club of New York, Kennedy said he was committed to "an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes." The tax system, mostly designed during World War II, "exerts too heavy a drag on growth in peace time; that it siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power; that it reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking," he said.

Many lawmakers worried that reducing taxes without cutting spending would create unacceptable budget deficits. But Kennedy, who famously noted that "a rising tide lifts all boats," insisted tax cuts would generate broad-based growth.

Congress finally approved the tax cuts in early 1964, three months after Kennedy's assassination. The following fiscal year, the federal budget deficit did indeed shrink. Stock investors loved it. Between 1962 and 1966, the Dow Jones industrial average nearly doubled.
LOL

Nothing in there speaks of 1961, which is when the recession ended. :eusa_doh:

So who knows what drugs you're on?
yeah when kennedy was elected on those policies.

ending the high tax policies of the new deal.

it took awhile to get dems on board...literally the murder of kennedy
LOLOL

So now you're lying again.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Kennedy didn't campaign on cutting taxes.

Kennedy’s tax policy
Were tax cuts always part of JFK's political platform? Not exactly. Unlike Cruz's description, Kennedy does not seem to have campaigned on this issue. Instead, he began looking to tax cuts well after coming to the White House.

You have some kind of character flaw which prevents you from simply admitting you're wrong, no matter how blatantly obviously wrong you are.

Instead, you make shit up and try to lie your way to winning a debate. When your lies get exposed, you simply lie more.
but the economy started turning around when he took office and pushed those policies, I have provided a link

What Reagan was handed was far far worse
Reagan was NOT handed a recession, Reagan CREATED the Great Reagan Recession all by himself, the worst recession since the Great Republican DEPRESSION.
The Carter years sucked donkey balls. There was a reason we created the misery index, the national speed limit was set to 55 and the president took to the airwaves to tell people to put on a sweater and turn down their thermostats. The Reagan years, OTOH, were freakin' awesome.
All true. Also true, the country was not in a recession when Reagan was sworn in.

“paltry 244,000”

/——/ No, those jobs were lost when democRAT governors shut down their states. But you already knew that, didn’t you?
icon_rolleyes.gif

No one with a functioning brain knows that, lying con. In reality, most, if not all, states shut down, including those with Republican governors.

President Donald Trump and his coronavirus task force on Monday issued new, stricter guidelines to stop the spread of the disease, including that states with evidence of community transmission should close bars, restaurants and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregate.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.
Sure. most if not all took precausations when the Chinese Virus first started spreading out of NY, Cali and the Pacific NE....the difference is the GOP Govs, followed the science, protected the most at risk, as well protected their small businesses, and allowed reopenings.

Again, that varied from state to state based on how hard they were hit. And again, red state Florida, like some other states, didn't fully open until late September. And what was the science then which indicated it was safe to reopen?

The science that the mass lockdowns didn't work. Let's face it, Grandma Killin' Cuomo, Newbie, etc were only doing it to harm the economy in an election year. FL did it right, not just by protecting the elderly, but recognizing it's beyond a state by state bases, but a locality by locality....and you did more harm, by ignoring the science and locking people away
Florida had the advantage of learning from New York's mistakes. Still, the state was closed in different phases for six months. There was no science indicating the failure of lock downs. That's just you saying it. And again, it was Trump who started it.

LOL

Again, what science? Be specific. Just saying, 'they followed the science' doesn't actually reveal the science of which you speak.
the science that showed that people continued to get it and spread it even with the massive lockdowns
Do you have a link to such science that shows there would have been the same or even fewer deaths without locking down?
<crickets>
Who knows why you think I should look for evidence of your claims. You claim there's a science which shows lock downs cause more death. Yet you utterly refusing to prove your claim.

Just like you're utterly refusing to show which of JFK's policies ended the recession on his watch. You spit out tax cuts, but that clearly didn't end the recession. You also said he was very conservative but taxes were cut to 70%. If 70% is very conservative, who knows why conservatives bitched and moaned when Clinton and Obama set that rate at 39.5%?

i don’t care
LOL

What numbers? You're not posting anything. I keep asking but you have no response.

I'm asking for proof of some purported science you claim shows covid deaths are higher because of the lock downs -- you post nothing to show that.

I'm asking for proof of JFK's policies that ended the recession on his watch -- you post nothing to show that either.

Please tell me you're not expecting others to just take your word, says proof, on whatever loghorrea spews from you?

JFK cut taxes i told you already
/——/ JFK died before his tax cuts were passed. LBJ signed them into law.
That's correct. But forget that JFK didn't pass that tax cut, that technicality is irrelevant to this discussion. What IS relevant is the moronic claim that a tax cut which went into effect in February, 1964, ended a recession which ended 3 years earlier in February, 1961.

embarrassed-gif.489110
The economy reacted to his proposal and policies.

tps://www.npr.org/2013/11/12/244772593/jfks-lasting-economic-legacy-lower-tax-rates

"
In contrast, Kennedy enjoyed a nearly miraculous economic turnaround. At the time of his death in November 1963, an employment boom was beginning. Stocks were soaring, swept up in the emerging "go-go" era on Wall Street — a time when investors were falling in love with mutual funds and conglomerates.

So, what exactly did Kennedy do? And as the nation marks the half-century anniversary of his assassination, do the experts credit him with having a lasting economic legacy?

Most historians say Kennedy's long-term economic impact was profound but complicated. Virtually all agree that in the short run, his policies did contribute to that golden era of the mid-1960s when the United States was enjoying one of the most robust economic expansions in history.

But Kennedy also did something that conservatives have been praising ever since: He pushed for much lower tax rates.

In 1962, speaking at the Economic Club of New York, Kennedy said he was committed to "an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes." The tax system, mostly designed during World War II, "exerts too heavy a drag on growth in peace time; that it siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power; that it reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking," he said.

Many lawmakers worried that reducing taxes without cutting spending would create unacceptable budget deficits. But Kennedy, who famously noted that "a rising tide lifts all boats," insisted tax cuts would generate broad-based growth.

Congress finally approved the tax cuts in early 1964, three months after Kennedy's assassination. The following fiscal year, the federal budget deficit did indeed shrink. Stock investors loved it. Between 1962 and 1966, the Dow Jones industrial average nearly doubled.
LOL

Nothing in there speaks of 1961, which is when the recession ended. :eusa_doh:

So who knows what drugs you're on?
yeah when kennedy was elected on those policies.

ending the high tax policies of the new deal.

it took awhile to get dems on board...literally the murder of kennedy
LOLOL

So now you're lying again.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Kennedy didn't campaign on cutting taxes.

Kennedy’s tax policy
Were tax cuts always part of JFK's political platform? Not exactly. Unlike Cruz's description, Kennedy does not seem to have campaigned on this issue. Instead, he began looking to tax cuts well after coming to the White House.

You have some kind of character flaw which prevents you from simply admitting you're wrong, no matter how blatantly obviously wrong you are.

Instead, you make shit up and try to lie your way to winning a debate. When your lies get exposed, you simply lie more.
but the economy started turning around when he took office and pushed those policies, I have provided a link
You just can't stop lying, can you? You're pathological.

No, you posted nothing regarding 1961. The recession ended a month after JFK was sworn in. Long before he started pushing for tax cuts and way to short for any of his policies to have ended a recession which ended in February, 1961.

Now stop lying.

“paltry 244,000”

icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL

<crickets>

i don’t care
LOL

That's not a science nor does it show lock downs caused more deaths. :cuckoo:
Sure it's science.....what do you think science is? It's a real life study.
LOL

That's not even a study. It's a list of states and covid numbers. That's not a study and in no way does it exhibit causation that lockdowns increased deaths.
is rates that didn’t have as much lockdowns didn’t have the death rates that nY and cali did
Which shows zero in terms of causation. If you had common sense, that alone would indicate to you that lockdowns saved lives since people gathered far less under a lockdown; and the less people gathered, the less the virus spread from person to person.

yes he did, the 1968 recession
There was no 1968 recession.
it was 69, i misspoke
Yet you still blame LBJ for a recession that started nearly a year after he was out of office.
oh the economic downturn happened before he left office.

the economy does flip on and off like a switch
Of course, the economy doesn't turn on a dime. By the same token, not all economic downturns become recessions. The 1969 recession is on Nixon.

Yep and some of you leaders will think that $15 is a good wage. For that one should work hard correct?

Forum List

Back