April jobs report is 1/4 of what was predicted. A paltry 244K. What happened to Biden's 'Rescue Plan'?

The last time Xiden and the Dems were in charge and passed a "rescue" plan they gave us double digit UE.
Do you mean like Reagan did when he passed his recovery tax cuts in 1981 and threw us into the 1982 Reagan Recession and double digit UE rate.

You think tax cuts caused a recession?

Have you always been stupid, or is this a recent decline?
Well you explain how Reagan threw us into a great recession.

It wasn't taxes?
That was his only policy at that point, and when Regan raised taxes at the end of 1982 we pulled out of the Great Reagan Recession.

and when Regan raised taxes at the end of 1982

Which taxes did he raise? From what level to what higher level?
Got any solid numbers behind your claim?

The last time Xiden and the Dems were in charge and passed a "rescue" plan they gave us double digit UE.
Do you mean like Reagan did when he passed his recovery tax cuts in 1981 and threw us into the 1982 Reagan Recession and double digit UE rate.

The economy was already in weak shape coming into the downturn, as a recession in 1980 had left unemployment at about 7.5 percent. Both the 1980 and 1981-82 recessions were triggered by tight monetary policy in an effort to fight mounting inflation. During the 1960s and 1970s, economists and policymakers believed that they could lower unemployment through higher inflation, a tradeoff known as the Phillips Curve. In the 1970s, the Fed pursued what economists would call “stop-go” monetary policy, which alternated between fighting high unemployment and high inflation. During the “go” periods, the Fed lowered interest rates to loosen the money supply and target lower unemployment. During the “stop” periods, when inflation mounted, the Fed would raise interest rates to reduce inflationary pressure. However, the Phillips Curve tradeoff proved unstable in the long-run, as inflation and unemployment increased together in the mid-1970s. While unemployment trended down slightly by the end of the decade, inflation continued to rise, reaching 11 percent in June 1979 (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis).

It wasn't taxes?
That was his only policy at that point, and when Regan raised taxes at the end of 1982 we pulled out of the Great Reagan Recession.

He raised taxes on everything including SS, except the income of the rich to offset the loss of revenue from his tax cuts for the rich.

It wasn't taxes?

He raised taxes on everything including SS, except the income of the rich to offset the loss of revenue from his tax cuts for the rich.
He raised taxes on everything

Back up your claim........unless you can't?

It wasn't taxes?

He raised taxes in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986 and 1987. But you knew that already.
Something had to make up for the financial hole created by Reagan's famous cuts.
The 1981 tax cut reduced revenue by an average of 2.89 percent of gross domestic product over the four years after it was enacted, according to the Treasury Department's analysis, which does not attempt to incorporate any macroeconomic effects of tax changes. When I added up the four-year average revenue impact of the next seven significant tax changes approved by Congress, in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990 and 1993, I found that they equaled 2.98 percent of gross domestic product.

It wasn't taxes?

Something had to make up for the financial hole created by Reagan's famous cuts.
The 1981 tax cut reduced revenue by an average of 2.89 percent of gross domestic product over the four years after it was enacted, according to the Treasury Department's analysis, which does not attempt to incorporate any macroeconomic effects of tax changes. When I added up the four-year average revenue impact of the next seven significant tax changes approved by Congress, in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990 and 1993, I found that they equaled 2.98 percent of gross domestic product.

Thanks for the link.

Where did it mention the original rates and the rates after his increase?

It wasn't taxes?

he raised taxes after he lashed them and got the economy back after the dems destroyed it and never made rates as high as they were before

It isn't deflecting to point out whose advice Trump was using
Actually Tramp said he did the OPPOSITE of what the medical people told him, so he DIDN'T follow their advice.
"If you really look, I didn't listen to him [Fauci] too much because I was doing the opposite of what he was saying."
- Donald Jackass Tramp
Like what did he do that was the opposite? Give me some example
Such as ridiculing people for wearing a mask after Fauci said they are needed to help prevent spreading the virus.
so that before or after the Doctor said you didn't have to?

Fauci says Trump listened to his advice about coronavirus mitigation​

And Tramp said he didn't FOLLOW his advice, so Tramp only "listened" to know what to STUPIDLY reject.
BIG difference!
so fauci is a liar?
No YOU and Tramp are the LIAR

but fauci is the one that said trump followed his advice
No, as usual you changed what Fauci actually said even after you quoted him correctly earlier in this very thread, proving you are a PREMEDITATED LIAR.
what did i change?
The perpetual dumb act when caught lying again.
It's highlighted in red, both where you quoted Fauci accurately and where you changed Fauci's words.
i never changed his words. He said the president listened to him. what did you think he met by that? and why do you think he lied?

It wasn't taxes?

Thanks for the link.

Where did it mention the original rates and the rates after his increase?
Hey dumbass, as I pointed out, Reagan raised taxes on the middle class and poor to offset the revenue loss from his tax cuts for the rich, which he didn't change. IOW, Reagan shifted the tax burden from the rich and corporations to the middle class down, destroying the progressive tax system.
Get it?

It isn't deflecting to point out whose advice Trump was using
Actually Tramp said he did the OPPOSITE of what the medical people told him, so he DIDN'T follow their advice.
"If you really look, I didn't listen to him [Fauci] too much because I was doing the opposite of what he was saying."
- Donald Jackass Tramp
Like what did he do that was the opposite? Give me some example
Such as ridiculing people for wearing a mask after Fauci said they are needed to help prevent spreading the virus.
so that before or after the Doctor said you didn't have to?

Fauci says Trump listened to his advice about coronavirus mitigation​

And Tramp said he didn't FOLLOW his advice, so Tramp only "listened" to know what to STUPIDLY reject.
BIG difference!
so fauci is a liar?
No YOU and Tramp are the LIAR

but fauci is the one that said trump followed his advice
No, as usual you changed what Fauci actually said even after you quoted him correctly earlier in this very thread, proving you are a PREMEDITATED LIAR.
what did i change?
The perpetual dumb act when caught lying again.
It's highlighted in red, both where you quoted Fauci accurately and where you changed Fauci's words.
i never changed his words. He said the president listened to him. what did you think he met by that? and why do you think he lied?
Even after I highlighted your own words in red, you still pretend to be so DUMB as not to know you changed the president "LISTENED" to him to the president "FOLLOWED HIS ADVICE."
You are the SCUM of the Earth!

It wasn't taxes?

he raised taxes after he lashed them and got the economy back after the dems destroyed it and never made rates as high as they were before
First of all, it was NIXON who destroyed the economy to get reelected by having the FED pump his dying economy with money jacking up inflation, followed by incompetent boob Ford's stupid solution of WIN buttons (Whip Inflation Now).
1200px-Plastic_%22WIN%22_sign.jpg

Reagan raised taxes on the middle class and poor to offset the revenue loss from his tax cuts for the rich,

You just won't post your proof.
Why? you already know what I posted is true and you will reject any truth that contradicts the MYTH of St Ronnie.

Did you ever show how cutting taxes caused a recession? DURR
Yes and I'm not repeating myself, learn to read.

Reagan raised taxes on the middle class and poor to offset the revenue loss from his tax cuts for the rich,

Why? you already know what I posted is true and you will reject any truth that contradicts the MYTH of St Ronnie.

I know, he cut taxes and later there was a recession. Wow! Very rigorous.

Still hilarious!

It wasn't taxes?

First of all, it was NIXON who destroyed the economy to get reelected by having the FED pump his dying economy with money jacking up inflation, followed by incompetent boob Ford's stupid solution of WIN buttons (Whip Inflation Now).
Nixon economically wasn't a great President at all...he was still following the failed Johnson/FDR failed policies, it didn't help that Nixon took over in the middle of a recession either

It wasn't taxes?

Nixon economically wasn't a great President at all...he was still following the failed Johnson/FDR failed policies, it didn't help that Nixon took over in the middle of a recession either
Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

No, liar, Nixon did not inherit a recession.

The last Democrat president to hand a recession to a Republican was Woodrow Wilson, 100 years ago.

See if you can name the last Republican president who didn't have a recession on their watch...?

It wasn't taxes?

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

No, liar, Nixon did not inherit a recession.

The last Democrat president to hand a recession to a Republican was Woodrow Wilson, 100 years ago.

See if you can name the last Republican president who didn't have a recession on their watch...?
yes he did, the 1968 recession

Regardless, the economy was doing “ok” as to be expected during the remain of nixon’s terms...it took Carter and the dems a couple more years to up end things.

Forum List

Back