Apple urges users to patch iPhones, iPads and Macs now

So when someone says that Chrome had a lot of "0 days this year", that's a bad thing?
Potentially yes. Basically many systems have already been compromised by the time they discover it which is why the best AVs are designed to catch zero-day threats. Will they catch them all? No, of course not but the released patches typically not only protect against the previously discovered threats some also remove the threat from infected systems. With others removal apps are available typically at no cost to the consumer. Cyber security is big business these days, it is estimated that cybercrime will cost the world over 10 trillion annually by 2025.

So when someone says that Chrome had a lot of "0 days this year", that's a bad thing?
To give a better answer, depends. But the depends can be varied with different scenarios. To be safe, simply stay up to date on all software. Don't use a FREE AV and expect full protection.

A vulnerability isn't the same as malware or a virus. Both however can use a vulnerability to result in an exploited system.

Which is bad.

A vulnerability is a code "defect" that can be used to break into a system. What it can do and why depends on A LOT. Around 50 vulnerabilities can be produced in a day, the vast majority never weaponized.

Just stay up to date

Yeah, maybe, maybe not. I have Edge but rarely use it, mostly just to check my old hotmail account which I also rarely use. I don't even have Chromium installed on my Linux machine, I use Firefox 99.9% of the time.
Opera here. I use the others when sites require compatibility.

Forum List

Back