Apple could make iPhones in US in future

They could also make their employees dye their hair blue in the future. The last thing Apple wants is for iPhone prices to double, like the article says would happen. The only way that Foxconn moves production here is if Trump inflicts massive artificial controls on it. And if that's the case that's the end of the iPhone.

Thanks for hating America.

It's not about hating America. It's common sense and survivability. Dude get some education to treat bad manners.

Shut the fuck up ya foreign piece of shit.

As always you don't know shit. Except your uneducated manners. You don't have any points or opinion except one liner or cooking. You are getting involved with topic you don't have a clue. Stop embarrassing yourself idiot.

That's not true at all. Anybody can write an article about anything. Apple asked 2 companies to see what would happen if they moved production to the U.S., and they found that iPhone prices would shoot up to over $1000. That's news. The writer saying that glorious leader Trump has forced them to consider moving production to the U.S., that's opinion.
According to research company IHS Markit, it costs about $225 for Apple to make an iPhone 7 with a 32GB memory, while the unsubsidized price for such a handset is $649.
That price of $649 is unsubsidized. Not $1000.00.

The fact that they are investigating it is based on fact.
That's the cost to produce it. Not the price to sell it. To buy the cheapest iPhone 7 new without a plan right now is $750. Now double that price. That's what you voted for.

I'm good with that.

Your good with that. Are you speaking for the rest of America?
Just imagine $1,400 for an iPhone. how about the rest of the products? Boy you are dumb as always.

Ya poor? I dont have a problem paying 14teen hundred bucks for a phone.
Ya fucken poor ass hole.

You cannot even speak English go finish your high school.
You don't have problem paying $1,400 for a phone? Dude you are dumb....... you are not speaking for the rest of America. Stupid.

Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources

iPhones might one day soon carry "Made in America" labels.

Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source said. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns."

Foxconn, based in the gritty, industrial Tucheng district in suburban Taipei, and its smaller Taiwanese rival churn out more than 200 million iPhones annually from their massive Chinese campuses.

Another source said that while Foxconn had been working on the request from Apple Inc., its biggest customer that accounts for more than 50% of its sales, Chairman Terry Gou had been less enthusiastic due to an inevitable rise in production costs.

"Making iPhones in the U.S. means the cost will more than double," the source said.

The person added that one view among the Apple supply chain in Taiwan is that U.S. President-elect Donald Trump may push the Cupertino, California-based tech titan to make a certain number of iPhone components at home.

Exclusive: Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources- Nikkei Asian Review

That would help American jobs greatly! Thank you Mr. Trump! This will put more Americans in good paying jobs and broaden our tax base!

I would gladly pay more for products made in the U.S.

You probably have flip phone, meat & chicken, fishing items, guns but no computer. So what products do you buy? If I were you shut the fuck up.

Gotta a Iphone 6 plus..and i'd be happy to pay 1400 for it.
You hate America I know.....

Dude I don't hate America. I'm tying to educate your low life scum because you don't know shit about America except cooking.

A vote for trump is a vote against US jobs and every single RWNJ traitor knows it and lies about it.

WHY?

Wow Luddly is our of touch, democrats are.more.concerned with butt sex and not.jobs.

Here's proof of what I wrote - don't lie that you didn't know it.

Where's. proof .of .your .weird. post.?

No its common knowledge democrats cared more about tranny bathrooms and gay marriage and not jobs and you guys hate whitey.

I love it when you post outsourcing from Trump.

Noone.csres because its the smart thing to do, Trump.wants to make.it smart to.mfg in the US again, ie Make America Great Again

buckeye45_73

Good for you for refusing to face FACTS and holding on tight to the lies you're being spoon fed.

Nit wit.
Keep thinking your way, maybe we can get all 50 states under Unified republican control.

You know im right, pride is a bitch aint it.

Apple must be open to the move or this article wouldn't exist. Perhaps their profit margins will drop, but I am wondering if there will be a "Buy American Movement" that will take place when Trump is president.
That's not true at all. Anybody can write an article about anything. Apple asked 2 companies to see what would happen if they moved production to the U.S., and they found that iPhone prices would shoot up to over $1000. That's news. The writer saying that glorious leader Trump has forced them to consider moving production to the U.S., that's opinion.
According to research company IHS Markit, it costs about $225 for Apple to make an iPhone 7 with a 32GB memory, while the unsubsidized price for such a handset is $649.

That's the cost to produce it. Not the price to sell it. To buy the cheapest iPhone 7 new without a plan right now is $750. Now double that price. That's what you voted for.

I'm good with that.

Just imagine $1,400 for an iPhone. how about the rest of the products? Boy you are dumb as always.

Why does it cost so much here?

"Making iPhones in the U.S. means the cost will more than double," the source said.

Who could have seen that coming? LOL

If people have more disposable income whats the problem?
No, real problem if we have to pay another $100 for a cell phone to give more Americans jobs but what about a $1000 for a car built entirely in the US with all US labor and parts, an increase of 40% in clothing to bring back the textile mills, 40% more for appliances, etc.. As the number of employed keeps increasing the demand for labor rises and the cost of labor is driven up and prices rise even higher The bottom line is a lot more people will be working and everybody will be paying a lot more for goods. At some point, people will start buying abroad to get more for their dollar. This is what happened in the 1970's 80's when labor cost started spiraling up.

If each nation is allowed to produces what it produces best and permits free trade over the long term, each party will enjoy lower prices, higher levels of output, income, and consumption as would be achieved in isolation.

I'm good with that.

Why does it cost so much here?
Compared to many countries, our labor costs are high, more regulations add to costs, and many times taxes put our costs even higher. The trick is as a nation, is to do what we can do best compared to other nations which is not labor intensive low skilled work.

Instead of engaging in manufacturing that can be done cheaper abroad just to create jobs, we should concentrate on things that we can do better and cheaper than the rest of world. We excel at financial services, innovation, specialized manufacturing, higher education, production of oil and gas, entertainment media, technical services, aircraft and spacecraft, plastics, medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, etc..

Last edited:

I'm good with that.

Ya poor? I dont have a problem paying 14teen hundred bucks for a phone.
Ya fucken poor ass hole.

You cannot even speak English go finish your high school.
You don't have problem paying $1,400 for a phone? Dude you are dumb....... you are not speaking for the rest of America. Stupid.

Not my problem you cant afford to make America great again.

They could also make their employees dye their hair blue in the future. The last thing Apple wants is for iPhone prices to double, like the article says would happen. The only way that Foxconn moves production here is if Trump inflicts massive artificial controls on it. And if that's the case that's the end of the iPhone.

It's not about hating America. It's common sense and survivability. Dude get some education to treat bad manners.

Why don't you shut the fuck up retarded uneducated red neck? Go cook something.

Poor Charmin's been triggered....

As always you don't know shit. Except your uneducated manners. You don't have any points or opinion except one liner or cooking. You are getting involved with topic you don't have a clue. Stop embarrassing yourself idiot.

Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source said. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns."

Foxconn, based in the gritty, industrial Tucheng district in suburban Taipei, and its smaller Taiwanese rival churn out more than 200 million iPhones annually from their massive Chinese campuses.

Another source said that while Foxconn had been working on the request from Apple Inc., its biggest customer that accounts for more than 50% of its sales, Chairman Terry Gou had been less enthusiastic due to an inevitable rise in production costs.

The person added that one view among the Apple supply chain in Taiwan is that U.S. President-elect Donald Trump may push the Cupertino, California-based tech titan to make a certain number of iPhone components at home.

Exclusive: Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources- Nikkei Asian Review

That would help American jobs greatly! Thank you Mr. Trump! This will put more Americans in good paying jobs and broaden our tax base!

You probably have flip phone, meat & chicken, fishing items, guns but no computer. So what products do you buy? If I were you shut the fuck up.

Dude I don't hate America. I'm tying to educate your low life scum because you don't know shit about America except cooking.

....cooking and making the F-22 proto type along with flight hardware for the shuttle program.
Go back to your country of origin ya fuzzy foreigner.

Charmin is all about slave labor in china.
Why do you support slave labor charmin?
I bet you wish blacks were still on the plantation.

Apple must be open to the move or this article wouldn't exist. Perhaps their profit margins will drop, but I am wondering if there will be a "Buy American Movement" that will take place when Trump is president.

Evilcorp doesn't give a shit about buy American, Evilcorp doesn't give a shit about American workers. Evilcorp cares about cutting costs in transportation from China. Automation has advanced to the point that Evilcorp can make an iPhone CHEAPER using robots than even cheap Chinese labor. Plus the robots don't jump off the roof, preferring death to working for Apple. So Evilcorp will manufacture goods here, but there will be no jobs involved, these will be completely automated.

It is funny to see clueless people drawing conclusions out of situations they have absolutely no idea.

Factories might be coming back, but jobs... i dont think so...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36376966?client=ms-android-att-us

Manufacturing jobs left this country... for good...
Sure, that's why FoxConn imprisons over 500,000 slaves.

We will watch the world changing in front of our eyes in the next decade.

Even Trump cant stop that from happening...

You are a software developer...
couldnt been in a better shape...

It is funny to see clueless people drawing conclusions out of situations they have absolutely no idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36376966?client=ms-android-att-us

Software developers who aren't scientists or MBAs are a dime a dozen.

Software developers who aren't scientists or MBAs are a dime a dozen.

Dont matter tho.
Software developers are the new age manufacturers. With or without mba...

Charmin is all about slave labor in china.
Why do you support slave labor charmin?
I bet you wish blacks were still on the plantation.

Dude. With your bastard rotten attitude I doubt it if you even have any college background at all. I've been calling you a cook since last year.......... Then suddenly suddenly you work on F22. Give me a break. Early this year you cannot even tell me where you live.
On top of your bad manners I know you are also a racist. Most or all your post are just one liner sentence or 2 about 14 words or less. Because of you have a low IQ? No opinion and no idea what you are getting into. Then start insulting people. Dude stop embarrassing yourself and go cook something.

Let see if you really work on F22 raptors. Here's some basic questions for you.
1. What is the maximum and minimum height limit it can operate?
2. What is the maximum speed without the external fuel storage?
3. What is the empty & loaded weight?
4. What is maximum Mach speed?
5. Wingspan? Length?

Jobs are not coming back unless anyone like to have a big pay cut.
In China s/w, electronic, electrical, mechanical, chemical, med tech, it makes around $30 to $45 a *DAY* with benefits. Are any of you willing to take those kind of pay? Even my gardener will not take that kind of pay.
If we make IPhone here. It will become unaffordable and unable to compete world wide.

Trump tariffs and jobs in the Rust Belt

370 Economists Lay Out List of Reasons to Vote Against Trump - Morning Consult

Rates $30 to $45 I gave above was an error. I was looking at the wrong charts. Those are the labors of technicians, customer service, labs, assemblers, operators etc.
The correct rates should be from $75 to $320 a day.

My apologies.

Personally, I believe that in addition to appreciation of it may lead to nothing. In Ukraine, the iPhone, are so much more expensive than in the US. If I come to the USA store through a proxy, I'll see that here you can buy the same phone much cheaper.

Forum List

Back