Applause for some of these Canadians serving the public...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Since we Canadians are in the minority on this site, I want to make some contributions to my fellow Canadians by announcing recognition for some special, patriotic Canadians who work hard on our behalf.

Just a few names for now, maybe I can start a trend. Stay tuned for my list of those in the private sector serving the public, including some from TD Bank and other institutions.

If you get the chance, don't hesitate to thank these people for all the hard work they do!

Carly Agro, formerly of CBC now on Sportsnet.
Charlsie Agro, currently of CBC fame
Kady O'Malley, CBC and National Post reporter.
Jennifer Keesmaat. Toronto City Planner

Last edited:
Unfortunately, one on this list is moving on. Seemingly so suddenly and abrupt too...

Toronto’s chief planner Jennifer Keesmaat leaving post
Toronto’s chief planner Jennifer Keesmaat leaving post | Toronto Star

Chief Planner Jennifer Keesmaat, one of the city’s top bureaucrats, is leaving her post as of Sept. 29.

A statement from the city Monday afternoon said Keesmaat, who was named chief planner out of the private sector almost five years ago, plans to “pursue other interests.”

“It’s been an honour to work with Mayor Tory, council, city staff and my remarkable team in the city planning division over the last five years,” Keesmaat is quoted as saying in the city release.

“I promised myself that after five years in public service I would review my future options. I look forward to new challenges in the important business of city-building now enriched by invaluable lessons, new friends and colleagues acquired while serving the people of our great city, Toronto.”

As the head of the city’s planning division, Keesmaat has been at the forefront of decisions on the Gardiner Expressway, Scarborough subway, Crosstown LRT, Rail Deck Park and other large and often controversial projects.

Since we Canadians are in the minority on this site, I want to make some contributions to my fellow Canadians by announcing recognition for some special, patriotic Canadians who work hard on our behalf.

Just a few names for now, maybe I can start a trend. Stay tuned for my list of those in the private sector serving the public, including some from TD Bank and other institutions.

If you get the chance, don't hesitate to thank these people for all the hard work they do!

Carly Agro, formerly of CBC now on Sportsnet.
Charlsie Agro, currently of CBC fame
Kady O'Malley, CBC and National Post reporter.
Jennifer Keesmaat. Toronto City Planner
I'll like send them some back bacon eh...We get few Canuks here since this is USMB..

Forum List

Back