Appears being transgender is cool??

That you consider a definition in a dictionary to be an infallible proof is comical.

Especially when you try to make quasi-social constructs override biological fact.
The definition is the definition. If you don’t like my source then show another one. But you’re not showing anything. All you’re saying is it’s common and you’ve learned it when you were young. That’s just a stupid argument. So yes My referencing of the dictionary’s definition is a much better argument than yours.

The definition is the definition. If you don’t like my source then show another one. But you’re not showing anything. All you’re saying is it’s common and you’ve learned it when you were young. That’s just a stupid argument. So yes My referencing of the dictionary’s definition is a much better argument than yours.

No, it isn't, as dictionaries have recently been mucking with definitions to meet current woke needs.

The public “educators” are promoting sex perversion in young children

But something tells me if the schools were teaching opposite gender sex education and a student came out as straight or cisgender then there wouldn't be any problem.

Its really too bad that you do not follow anything close to liberal ideology. Liberal people realize that the reason our species takes such a long time to mature is because of all the myriad complexities we deal with due to our cognititive ability, and that children should be allowed to be children so that they can develop in healthy ways.

The approach of you and your fellow authoritarian leftists, however, is rooted in the desire to indictrinate rather than being motivated by any real concern for the children, as your headlong rush to sexualize children at increasingly younger ages only damages them.

Any child psychologist worth their salt would tell you the same thing.

But something tells me if the schools were teaching opposite gender sex education and a student came out as straight or cisgender then there wouldn't be any problem.
My problem would start with the opposite gender sex education

Seems many judgemental types forget this verse from Jesus.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. ... [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

No, it isn't. When one side is constantly changing definitions, the definitions become meaningless.

Thank you!! This is from your link and it makes my point. Appreciate the help:

b. Psychology and Sociology (originally U.S.). The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex. Also: a (male or female) group characterized in this way.

b. Psychology and Sociology (originally U.S.). The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex. Also: a (male or female) group characterized in this way.

It says nothing about that being able to be changed based on what you feel like.

It says nothing about that being able to be changed based on what you feel like.
Well that’s not our discussion now is it?! I understand why your trying to change it to that but the simple fact is gender is largely based on social constructs and sex is based on biology. Social constructs change over time which is why language and definitions evolve with it. That’s where the words transgender, queer, non-binary, and gender identity come from. You can play ignorant and pretend these things don’t exist or you can accept that they do exist and try to understand them so you don’t sound like such a fool every time you try and debate about them…. Right AzogtheDefiler ?! ;)

Well that’s not our discussion now is it?! I understand why your trying to change it to that but the simple fact is gender is largely based on social constructs and sex is based on biology. Social constructs change over time which is why language and definitions evolve with it. That’s where the words transgender, queer, non-binary, and gender identity come from. You can play ignorant and pretend these things don’t exist or you can accept that they do exist and try to understand them so you don’t sound like such a fool every time you try and debate about them…. Right AzogtheDefiler ?! ;)

Social constructs can't ignore biology, no matter how much they want to.

Your side wants to employ doublethink, and nothing you have posted proves otherwise.

I disagree. Our social constructs are based on biology first and foremost. The reasons men workout, dress a certain way, flirt a certain way, drive a certain car, etc. is to attract women. It is pure biology that drives these social norms. This is what you dismiss every time I bring it up.

Social constructs can't ignore biology, no matter how much they want to.

Your side wants to employ doublethink, and nothing you have posted proves otherwise.
Social constructs don’t need to ignore biology. In fact many are based on biology but theres more to it than just biology which is why there are different words to describe different situations

I disagree. Our social constructs are based on biology first and foremost. The reasons men workout, dress a certain way, flirt a certain way, drive a certain car, etc. is to attract women. It is pure biology that drives these social norms. This is what you dismiss every time I bring it up.
Right. But not all men want to attract women, some are wired differently. Not all men identify with the way our society has defined male traits and acting as such is not natural for them

Forum List

Back