Appeals court rules absentee ballots must be in 8pm election day in MN..

petro

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2013
The cold north
The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that Minnesota absentee ballots will need to be in by 8 p.m. Election Day in order to be counted.

Previously it was if ballots were postmarked by Nov 3rd.
Unclear if Secretary of State will appeal to Supreme Court, but oh well. There is a new Judge in town.

So, get off your lazy ass, put on your virtue mask, and vote in person.

Not like the mail in folks didn't have warning there was an election coming.

tenor.png

The pathway to Dem fraud is getting blocked. If Burn Loot Murder can block roads so can we. They will claim they are disenfranchising voters but they know it's really all about the ability for them to cheat.
Good point! It's ALL about their ability to cheat and game the system.

What does State law say? If it says they have to be in by election day then yes they do have to be in then.

SCOTUS also ruled that North Carolina can count ballots received 9 days after the election, as long as they're postmarked by Election Day ... per NC state law ...

I don't know why folks think SCOTUS can rule against State Election Laws ... so far they've been upholding them ... c.f. Bush vs. Gore (2000)

What does State law say? If it says they have to be in by election day then yes they do have to be in then.

SCOTUS also ruled that North Carolina can count ballot received 9 days after the election, as long as they're postmarked by Election Day ... per NC state law ...

I don't know why folks think SCOTUS can rule against State Election Laws ... so far they've been upholding them ... c.f. Bush vs. Gore (2000)
As long as the law says what they can do and said law was passed by the Legislature in that State.

The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that Minnesota absentee ballots will need to be in by 8 p.m. Election Day in order to be counted.

Unclear if Secretary of State will appeal to Supreme Court, but oh well. There is a new Judge in town.

Knowing that makes me like Minnesota.

SCOTUS also ruled that North Carolina can count ballot received 9 days after the election, as long as they're postmarked by Election Day ... per NC state law ...

As long as the law says what they can do and said law was passed by the Legislature in that State.

PSAs are up and running right now in Oregon reminding voters it's too late to mail in your ballot ... best to drop it off at the County Elections Office if you want to be sure ... polls close at 8pm election night, not one ballot is excepted after ... postmarks are for girls ...

PSAs are up and running right now in Oregon reminding voters it's too late to mail in your ballot ... best to drop it off at the County Elections Office if you want to be sure ... polls close at 8pm election night, not one ballot is excepted after ... postmarks are for girls ...
Good for the beautiful Beaver State! Oregonians can vote on Nov. 3,as usual.

Knowing that makes me like Minnesota.
It's not really as liberal as everyone thinks. That's just the loony Twin Cities.

Are you tired of winning yet???

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Good for the beautiful Beaver State! Oregonians can vote on Nov. 3,as usual.

We're strictly mail-in, have been a couple decades ... never had any problems ... just if your signature drifts over time (like mine does), might wanna sign off at the elections office on a regular basis ... watch and see, 4 counties for Biden, 32 counties for Trump ... Biden get the 7 EVs ... Portland decides ... that's a true and honest election ...

It doesn't matter.

They will hold uncounted ballots in a locked room and then say "OOPS...somehow these late ballots ended up in the same room...now we can't tell which is which so we'll have to count them all".

Mark my words!

When al franken "won" they were "finding" boxes of ballots in the trunk of a car. No I'm not exaggerating!

POS democrat filth!

The ruling states that late ballots must be set aside, and not counted. Pending further litigation.
Tells me that Governor Walz will take it to Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back