Appeals Court Judges Spar with trump's Lawyers

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
It doesn't look like trump is going to win that case to prevent the congress from obtaining his financial records.

Seems the judges aren't very happy with trump, his lawyers and the lies they use to try to prevent congress from obtaining his financial records.

I guess when you have no real reason, lies are the go to excuse. The problem with that is people aren't stupid and don't like to be lied to.

U.S. appeals court judges spar with Trump lawyer over bid to block House subpoena

It doesn't look like trump is going to win that case to prevent the congress from obtaining his financial records.

Seems the judges aren't very happy with trump, his lawyers and the lies they use to try to prevent congress from obtaining his financial records.

I guess when you have no real reason, lies are the go to excuse. The problem with that is people aren't stupid and don't like to be lied to.

U.S. appeals court judges spar with Trump lawyer over bid to block House subpoena

If the legislation has already passed the house, as the article states, then the records aren't needed for a legislative purpose, ARE THEY? Legislation has already been passed, the subpoena is moot. Quoting John Roberts, it appears the houses reasoning for requesting the records, "are contrived". LMAO

Let's make it so all senators and Congress have to show all of their financial records. Then that will stop the corruption.

Why the need to see Pres Trump's tax returns? There is no mandate per the Constitution that they be released to either Congress or the public. What in the world do they think they're going to find, and I'm going to assume that they THINK they know how to read it, too... so what are they going to find that the IRS overlooked?

Just sounds like the liberals have their judges doing their bidding for them.

Just sounds like the liberals have their judges doing their bidding for them.

1. If liberals could trust the voters, they wouldn’t need the Court to invent ludicrous ‘constitutional rights’ for them in the first place.

2. The only limit on liberal insanity in this country is how many issues liberals can get before a court…A lot is at stake for liberals with the court. If they lose a liberal vote, they will be forced t fight political battles through a messy little system know as ‘democracy.’

3. When conservative judges strike down laws, it’s because of what’s in the Constitution. When liberal judges strike down laws (or impose new laws, such as tax increases), it’s because of what’s in the New York Times.

Coulter

Trump must be hiding so much to spend hours and hours on legal representation. Let's all hope the Federal and State Courts abide by their code of ethics (we can't count on the Supreme Court, the only nine judges / justices without a code of ethics) and treat trump as any other defendant.

Let's get right to the point. The democrats want to see President Trump's tax records in hopes that they can find something, ANYTHING, they can HANG HIM ON.

Well if that's the way the game is played, then by God let's see ALL elected officials tax records. Let's see Pelosi's, Mad Max's, Nader's, ALL OF THEM. Otherwise just wanting to see the President's, for no LEGITIMATE reason, has all the appearance of nothing more than a WITCH HUNT to HANG HIM... which of course is EXACTLY what it is.

A ruling hasn't been made yet, so don't count your chickens.

Regardless, it will end up at the Supreme Court and we all know who will win the battle there.

Let's get right to the point. The democrats want to see President Trump's tax records in hopes that they can find something, ANYTHING, they can HANG HIM ON.

Well if that's the way the game is played, then by God let's see ALL elected officials tax records. Let's see Pelosi's, Mad Max's, Nader's, ALL OF THEM. Otherwise just wanting to see the President's, for no LEGITIMATE reason, has all the appearance of nothing more than a WITCH HUNT to HANG HIM... which of course is EXACTLY what it is.

The law states that Congress cannot obtain tax records unless it's related to legislation, which as we all know, in this case it's not.

Trump must be hiding so much to spend hours and hours on legal representation. Let's all hope the Federal and State Courts abide by their code of ethics (we can't count on the Supreme Court, the only nine judges / justices without a code of ethics) and treat trump as any other defendant.

Maybe it's not anyone's business.

Speaking of HIDING stuff, then why don't we have a special envoy sent to Hawaii to find obama's fabled hard copy birth certificate? Let's see it. Let's have it held in hand, authenticated, photographed and published by all media for the world to see, because that pathetic digital forgery we saw online should already have landed his ass in prison. But, we all know, president's do NOT go to prison, ever, for anything.

The law states that Congress cannot obtain tax records unless it's related to legislation, which as we all know, in this case it's not.
Like I said... it's a witch hunt. Mueller couldn't hang the president, so now it's move on to plan... G, or H, or I... whatever... the democrats will NOT STOP trying to HANG the president, and they don't give a DAMN about the LAW. All they need to find is a radical enough leftist judge and the law is pointless.

Like I said... it's a witch hunt. Mueller couldn't hang the president, so now it's move on to plan... G, or H, or I... whatever... the democrats will NOT STOP trying to HANG the president, and they don't give a DAMN about the LAW. All they need to find is a radical enough leftist judge and the law is pointless.

Well they better give a damn, because their front runner has some pretty shady activities in foreign countries where his son is getting rich at. I say that if by some miracle, they do get Trump's tax records, Trump should have Barr launch an investigation into Biden Juniors dealings in those countries.

Two can play that game.

Well they better give a damn, because their front runner has some pretty shady activities in foreign countries where his son is getting rich at. I say that if by some miracle, they do get Trump's tax records, Trump should have Barr launch an investigation into Biden Juniors dealings in those countries.

Two can play that game.
Two can play, but it seems the republicans just don't like to play as DIRTY as the democrats. In politics, nice guys finish LAST. Why in the name of God the republicans don't learn to fight just as damn dirty as the democrats is beyond me. Fight fire with fire. Give 'em a damn good taste of their own medicine and then see how willing they are to keep up their shit.

Two can play that game.
Two can play, but it seems the republicans just don't like to play as DIRTY as the democrats. In politics, nice guys finish LAST. Why in the name of God the republicans don't learn to fight just as damn dirty as the democrats is beyond me. Fight fire with fire. Give 'em a damn good taste of their own medicine and then see how willing they are to keep up their shit.

Republicans have not. That's why we elected Trump. If anybody will take a counter-measure against the Democrats, it will be Trump.

Two can play that game.

Republicans have not. That's why we elected Trump. If anybody will take a counter-measure against the Democrats, it will be Trump.
True, but he can't be a one man army, and the republicans, more times than not, don't seem to have his back, and that just irks the crap otta me.

That's naive ^^^.

That's naive ^^^.
Really? Well let's see YOUR tax returns then.

We don't need a reason... JUST TURN THEM OVER.

Now we'll see who's "naive," or more like a HYPOCRITE.

Two can play that game.

True, but he can't be a one man army, and the republicans, more times than not, don't seem to have his back, and that just irks the crap otta me.

It wouldn't' be the first time Trump has mentioned it. Of course he was hanging the threat over Biden's head. And Barr is a very slick guy and will do just about whatever Trump wants; especially in situations where they are unfairly targeting the President.

Forum List

Back