Apparently one can be arrested in England for reading the bible aloud in public.

People who express unpopular opinions must be sent to concentration camps.

These "preachers" perform in most of the city centres in the UK.In most instances they burble on ,harming no one whilst their followers hand out pamphlets.

But the more motivated roll up with amplifiers and minders and disturb the peace for anyone unfortunate enough to live or work in the vicinity.

They are too smug to realise that the public has zero interest in their warped view of Islam or Christianity.

On my first real job, a few blocks from the White House, a full troop of moonies took over the triangular park across the street at Pa. Ave. and 21st. You had to duck just to nip out for lunch. They were worse than the hari krishnas at the airport. You are right. These people are too smug to realize that nobody's interested. It's done for attention.

People who express unpopular opinions must be sent to concentration camps.

People who express an attempt to harm the rights of others, are trying to incite a crime, which is illegal.
You can express a belief that homosexuality is wrong, but if you suggest homosexuals should be harmed, you are committing a crime.
If your religion says something is wrong, that is referring to how they will be judged in the afterlife, not now by other humans, who have no right to judge except when it harms others.

After finally getting some information about what actually happened in this incident, it appears that this was not somebody just "reading the bible aloud in public." The headline makes this guy sound so innocent, but from the sketchy facts, this guy appears to have been trying to cause a public scene of some sort.
Uh, link

After finally getting some information about what actually happened in this incident, it appears that this was not somebody just "reading the bible aloud in public." The headline makes this guy sound so innocent, but from the sketchy facts, this guy appears to have been trying to cause a public scene of some sort.
Uh, link

See Vagabond63's posts Nos. 15 and 22. Apparently, this guy wasn't even arrested and everybody went their separate ways. I am unsure what occurred in this instance. As I said, it's sketchy and I don't know whether he had brought some amplification equipment I do know that some of the people who do this in the U.S. seem to want a public scene and do these things for this reason, and then pretend that they were just quietly minding their own business.

Uh, link
Uh, I don't know what you find so funny Listerine
Provide the link to the article you are referring to so the rest of us can read for ourselves
information about what actually happened, the sketchy facts, causing a public scene,
and judge for ourselves whether the article headline was misleading or not

Uh, link

See Vagabond63's posts Nos. 15 and 22. Apparently, this guy wasn't even arrested and everybody went their separate ways. I am unsure what occurred in this instance. As I said, it's sketchy and I don't know whether he had brought some amplification equipment I do know that some of the people who do this in the U.S. seem to want a public scene and do these things for this reason, and then pretend that they were just quietly minding their own business.
Umm, I did...neither of which has anything to do with the Tik Toc video...
the basis for the thread as we can see in the OP
Apparently, it appears you actually DON'T KNOW SHIT

Uh, link
Provide the link to the article you are referring to so the rest of us can read for ourselves
information about what actually happened, the sketchy facts, causing a public scene,

I already told you. Vagabond63 seemed to be the only one with any knowledge of the situation. According to his account, nobody was arrested.

These "preachers" perform in most of the city centres in the UK.In most instances they burble on ,harming no one whilst their followers hand out pamphlets.

But the more motivated roll up with amplifiers and minders and disturb the peace for anyone unfortunate enough to live or work in the vicinity.

They are too smug to realise that the public has zero interest in their warped view of Islam or Christianity.

On my first real job, a few blocks from the White House, a full troop of moonies took over the triangular park across the street at Pa. Ave. and 21st. You had to duck just to nip out for lunch. They were worse than the hari krishnas at the airport. You are right. These people are too smug to realize that nobody's interested. It's done for attention.

We get this from time to time in Nottingham, although rarely with loudspeaker assistance. Most people ignore them but some brave people engage them in "theological discussions" which tends to shut them up for a while allowing normal people to go about their business without being haranged by god botherers.

Uh, link

I already told you. Vagabond63 seemed to be the only one with any knowledge of the situation. According to his account, nobody was arrested.

This thread Is getting wierd.
After looking into this a bit, it appears this incident happened in November 2017 and the full video of the incident is available on You Tube where it's not even clear that David Lynn was actually formally arrested.
According to the police account he was held under caution, pending further enquiries. For those unfamiliar with UK law,
"There is no requirement in PACE 1984 that a person suspected of having committed an offence must be interviewed under caution before any decision as to whether to prosecute is taken. However, a suspect will almost always be interviewed under caution following arrest or as a volunteer in order to:
1) Gather further evidence against the suspect, which it would otherwise be impossible to obtain.
2) Elicit information revealing further lines of inquiry.
3)Obtain further collateral information to be considered in the prosecution decision.
4)Give the suspect an opportunity to answer the allegations and give their own account, which may produce lines of enquiry leading away from the suspect."
Practical Law UK Signon
The Christian media went to town on this as this example illustrates Street preacher arrested in London is released without charge - Premier Christian News | Headlines, Breaking News, Comment & Analysis
If anyone cares to Google David Lynn, preacher, you will discover he tends to get arrested a lot in Canada, the Us and noe the UK. from what I can see this is just another god botherer, looking for publicity for his "church".

We get this from time to time in Nottingham, although rarely with loudspeaker assistance. Most people ignore them but some brave people engage them in "theological discussions" which tends to shut them up for a while allowing normal people to go about their business without being haranged by god botherers.
The worst one I have seen is in Liverpool. Amps that Motorhead could use and a full on Muzzies are paedos message.

The worst one I have seen is in Liverpool. Amps that Motorhead could use and a full on Muzzies are paedos message.

I find it interesting that the people who do this sort of thing are so heavily into Christian factionalism, but the issue is rarely discussed. Leaving aside for a moment the fact is that there are billions of people in this world, and on our streets going about their business, who are not Christian, the Christian factions seem to be indulging in their time-honored practice of antagonism toward each other, with some factions being the more aggressive. I just hope that the days of massacres, beatings, burnings, and battles are over.

A Baptist pastor from North Carolina is opposing the election of a Baptist pastor from Georgia, even! This is the same guy who never figured out that Pete Buttigieg is an Episcopalian, not a Baptist. It's tricky, and it's sad, but it is somewhat amusing, particularly since I was a history major.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump.
I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Emo Philips, American comedian

Forum List

Back