Apex, North Carolina

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
:thewave: Fiery explosions overnight at a hazardous materials plant owned and run by Environmental Quality Industrial Services forced 16,000 residents in the middle of the night from their homes.
EQ Industrial Services is based in Wayne, Michigan. Michael Ferrantino, CEO has given Michigan politicians quite a bit of money.
Scores of people were hospitalized by the disaster caused by EQ Industrial Services in Apex, North Carolina.
Roiling smoke and flames boiled 150 feet into the night air. A toxic plume of smoke drifted through the streets sickening everyone it came in contact with.
Chemicals including cadmium, chromium, mercury and hazardous organic materials were burned at high temperature and cast into the air in minute droplets easily absorbed into the skin and through the mucous membrane in the nose and through the mouth and even ears of residents.
EQ Industrial Services is associated with a company called Wayne Disposal. The EPA has Super Fund sites in Michigan. Those are locations so polluted that they are an immediate and present danger to the local population not to mention the environment. At one time the EPA declared that the company that owned one of the Super Fund sites in Wayne County, Michigan, must immediately clean it up. They allowed that company truck material from that landfill to another one that they owned. Nice arrangement for the company and the EPA but the problem is still here.
In Apex, North Carolina, I understand that the chemicals that burned ignited some aviation fuel tanks nearby which made the situation worse.
I don’t know who owns the aviation fuel tanks but apparently EQ provides aviation services at other locations in the United States. I would thoroughly investigate what happened in Apex and keep an eye on what happens next. I am not making any allegations, I am just suggesting that be aware of what is going on.
I am disappointed that so many politicians have taken money from this company. The damage that imported waste and spills and fires and other accidents have caused is indeterminate. There are major problems with PCB’s in Ann Arbor but no one can tell if the chemicals came from a high pressure toxic waste injection well or the facilities of EQ. The impact on our children and our future cannot be underestimated.
To have one company control so much of this dangerous business is hazardous enough. When that company starts making mistakes that rush sixteen thousand people out of their houses in the middle of the night then something has to be done.
I do not believe that people who handle items that can make you sick should be making decisions about healthcare. Do you?
I do not believe that people who handle items that can poison your water should be making decisions about water quality. Do you?
I do not believe that people who handle items that can destroy the ability of your children to have normal children themselves should be making decisions about the environment and they certainly should not be sticking their nose into education. Do you?
I do not believe that people whose activities lower real estate values should be influencing state laws about property. Do you?
I suggest you familiarize yourself with the people and companies that are involved.
The folks in Michigan that are taking money from this company are :

Representative McCotter
1632 Longworth House Office Building
Washington DC 20515
202.225.8171 tel
202.225.2667 fax

Senator Bruce Patterson
PO Box 30036
Lansing, MI 48909-7536
By Phone: (517) 373-7350

Representative Phil LaJoy
N0785 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Fax: 517-373-5939
Phone: 517-373-2575

Commitee to Elect Mark J. Abbo
PO Box 822
Northville, Michigan 48167
734-927-1987

United States Senator John Thune
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
202-224-2321

Representative Mike Rogers
133 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: (202) 225-4872
Fax: (202) 225-5820

Representative Candice Miller
228 Cannon House Office Building
Washington D.C. 20515
(F) 202.226.1169

Locations that EQ works in :

Corporate Office
36255 Michigan Ave.
Wayne, Michigan 48184
(734) 329-8000

Michigan Disposal Waste Treatment Plant
49350 North I-94 Service Drive
Belleville, Michigan 48111
(800) 592-5489

Wayne Disposal, Inc.
49350 North I-94 Service Drive
Belleville, Michigan 48111
(800) 592-5489

EQ Resource Recovery, Inc.
36345 Van Born Road
Romulus, Michigan 48174
(734) 727-5500

EQ Industrial Services, Inc.
2701 North I-94 Service Drive
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
(734) 547-2500

EQ Detroit, Inc.
1923 Frederick
Detroit, MI 48211
(313) 923-0080

EQRR Distribution Center
14000 Stansbury Ave.
Detroit, Michigan 48227
(313) 273-7504

EQIS Indianapolis Transfer and Processing
4000 West 10th Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46222
(317) 247-7160

EQIS Emergency Response
2701 North I-94 Service Drive
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
(734) 547-2500

Northeast Facilities and OfficesEQ Northeast, Inc.
185 Industrial Road
Wrentham, MA 02093
(508) 384-6151

Southeast Facilities and OfficesEQIS Atlanta Transfer and Processing
5600 Fulton Industrial Blvd.
Atlanta, Georgia 30336
(404) 494-3520

EQ Augusta, Inc.
3920 Goshen Industrial Blvd.
Augusta, GA 30906
(706) 771-9100

EQ Florida, Inc.
7202 East Eighth Ave.
Tampa, FL 33619
(800) 624-5302

EQIS North Carolina
1005 Investment Blvd.
Apex, NC 27502
(919) 363-4700

EQ Mobile Recycling, Inc.
W. Independence Blvd.
Mt. Airy, NC 27030
(336) 719-0058

EQ Airport Services - Pittsburgh
P.O. Box 12286
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15231
(412) 472-1007
(412) 472-1044

EQ Airport Services - Salt Lake City
P.O. Box 16109
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
(801) 531-4679
(801) 531-4677

Let's try to make this more 'readable' in case the poster really has a point to make:

cranston said:
Fiery explosions overnight at a hazardous materials plant owned and run by Environmental Quality Industrial Services forced 16,000 residents in the middle of the night from their homes.

EQ Industrial Services is based in Wayne, Michigan. Michael Ferrantino, CEO has given Michigan politicians quite a bit of money. :link:

Scores of people were hospitalized by the disaster caused by EQ Industrial Services in Apex, North Carolina.:link:

Roiling smoke and flames boiled 150 feet into the night air. A toxic plume of smoke drifted through the streets sickening everyone it came in contact with.
Chemicals including cadmium, chromium, mercury and hazardous organic materials were burned at high temperature and cast into the air in minute droplets easily absorbed into the skin and through the mucous membrane in the nose and through the mouth and even ears of residents.

EQ Industrial Services is associated with a company called Wayne Disposal. The EPA has Super Fund sites in Michigan. Those are locations so polluted that they are an immediate and present danger to the local population not to mention the environment. At one time the EPA declared that the company that owned one of the Super Fund sites in Wayne County, Michigan, must immediately clean it up. They allowed that company truck material from that landfill to another one that they owned. Nice arrangement for the company and the EPA but the problem is still here. :shocked: Where are the dots you are connecting?

In Apex, North Carolina, I understand that the chemicals that burned ignited some aviation fuel tanks nearby which made the situation worse.

I don’t know who owns the aviation fuel tanks but apparently EQ provides aviation services at other locations in the United States. I would thoroughly investigate what happened in Apex and keep an eye on what happens next. I am not making any allegations, I am just suggesting that be aware of what is going on.ok, that would be reasonable, but why the implications?

I am disappointed that so many politicians have taken money from this company. The damage that imported waste and spills and fires and other accidents have caused is indeterminate. There are major problems with PCB’s in Ann Arbor but no one can tell if the chemicals came from a high pressure toxic waste injection well or the facilities of EQ. The impact on our children and our future cannot be underestimated.ok, yeah, :violin: Your point?

To have one company control so much of this dangerous business is hazardous enough. When that company starts making mistakes that rush sixteen thousand people out of their houses in the middle of the night then something has to be done. So they should have let the people sleep? What do you want?

I do not believe that people who handle items that can make you sick should be making decisions about healthcare. Do you? :confused:

I do not believe that people who handle items that can poison your water should be making decisions about water quality. Do you? :confused:

I do not believe that people who handle items that can destroy the ability of your children to have normal children themselves should be making decisions about the environment and they certainly should not be sticking their nose into education. Do you? :confused:

I do not believe that people whose activities lower real estate values should be influencing state laws about property. Do you? :confused:

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the people and companies that are involved. Ok, by posts like this? :confused:

The folks in Michigan that are taking money from this company are:

Forum List

Back