AOC’s District Sees a 57% Increase in Major Crime

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The anti police rhetoric is having excellent results across America. Give her voters what they deserve, felons. Good and hard.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D-NY) district saw a 57% increase in major crime under her tenure, a new study found.

The district suffered massive increases in what the New York Police Department considers the seven "major" crimes of murder, rape, robbery, felonious assault, burglary, grand larceny, and grand larceny auto, a study by former NYPD inspector Paul Mauro found. Shootings went up by 47.05%, the study said.

"Let’s just say, with those numbers: Were she a precinct commander, she’d better have some answers for the chief of department," Mauro wrote in an opinion piece.

The former inspector dismissed anticipated criticism that the end of coronavirus lockdowns was the culprit for the increase because crime rates were consistently increasing while the lockdowns were underway. He tied the drastic increase to the $1.5 billion cut in funding for the NYPD in 2020, an effort Ocasio-Cortez spearheaded and lamented wasn't enough.

The voters of the 14th were told in advance what AOC's policies would bring as far as crime, and they voted for it.

I suspect that Cortez will roll to renomination and reelection on the basis of "promises made, promises kept".

Chuck U. Schumer better be ready, there is a new politician in his rear view mirror ready to take over.

The anti police rhetoric is having excellent results across America. Give her voters what they deserve, felons. Good and hard.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D-NY) district saw a 57% increase in major crime under her tenure, a new study found.

The district suffered massive increases in what the New York Police Department considers the seven "major" crimes of murder, rape, robbery, felonious assault, burglary, grand larceny, and grand larceny auto, a study by former NYPD inspector Paul Mauro found. Shootings went up by 47.05%, the study said.

"Let’s just say, with those numbers: Were she a precinct commander, she’d better have some answers for the chief of department," Mauro wrote in an opinion piece.

The former inspector dismissed anticipated criticism that the end of coronavirus lockdowns was the culprit for the increase because crime rates were consistently increasing while the lockdowns were underway. He tied the drastic increase to the $1.5 billion cut in funding for the NYPD in 2020, an effort Ocasio-Cortez spearheaded and lamented wasn't enough.

Well, there's only one thing they can do then, get rid of the police department. If you get rid of the place where the stats originate then there won't be any crime anymore.

No, I don't care for AOC, but in all fairness, a Congress person not in charge of crime in their district. That's an issue for the Mayor, council, and at times the Governor. Her job is to address national issues that affect her constituents like being pro-gun control.

No, I don't care for AOC, but in all fairness, a Congress person not in charge of crime in their district. That's an issue for the Mayor, council, and at times the Governor. Her job is to address national issues that affect her constituents like being pro-gun control.
She’s a string puller who got the anti police ball rolling. You think a mayor with political ambitions is going to butt heads with AOC?

She’s a string puller who got the anti police ball rolling. You think a mayor with political ambitions is going to butt heads with AOC?

Not at all. What I'm saying is she doesn't write policy for New York or address the crime in her district. She may have some leverage in speaking with the Mayor but it's council that makes policy and the Mayor who decides what police can and can't do.

Again, I think she's as dumb as an ox, but I don't like to blame people for things they're not really in charge of.

If I was a congressman and my district was going to shit you'd better believe Id be leaning on the people in charge of it.

Saying she doesn't control it is short sighted because she does have to ability to indirectly control it.

That's like people who say Biden doesn't set gas prices, yet his policies and people that report to him do. So no he doesn't, but yes he does.

If I was a congressman and my district was going to shit you'd better believe Id be leaning on the people in charge of it.

Saying she doesn't control it is short sighted because she does have to ability to indirectly control it.

That's like people who say Biden doesn't set gas prices, yet his policies and people that report to him do. So no he doesn't, but yes he does.

It's like when they tried to blame Cruz for the power outage in Texas. He had nothing to do with it. The guy is a US Senator, not a Governor. It was beyond his offices jurisdiction to oversee power reliability in that part of Texas. He deals in national issues, not local ones.

I'm just trying to be fair with all this. It's like trying to blame a Republican Senator for the violent crime increases in the large cities of his state. Those cities are under local Democrat control, not Republican.

New Topics

Forum List

Back