AOC condemns the LEOs

The analyst group Public Citizen counted 991 people killed by police in the U.S. last year. They tweeted that there were only 18 days where the police did not kill someone in 2020.

And we wonder why we are such a violent country. It starts at the top.
How many interactions with the public do the police have with citizens on a daily bases?

Quite a few which would make one wonder how many times they violated the rights of someone that never led to their deaths.
so death is quite rare. your claim the violence starts with them seems to quickly fallen apart

Just because every instance of violence and a violation of people's civil rights do not end in death does not mean it doesn't need addressed.
I don't disagree....and people, including the Govt violate people's rights daily...that's why we have a Court system to address those issues.

But I thought we were discussing police shootings.

No. We are discussing the police. They have to learn what they legally can and can not do or face personal consequences just like anyone else.

Well they do go to school...and make mistakes...just like everyone else...why should they be treated differently then any other member of the Govt?

They shouldn't. Everyone should be treated the same.
so you are for abolishing sovereign immunity then? I doubt you'll get the Govt to agree to that. So far all we have seen is a push by leftist politicans to keep it for themselves and get rid of it for the very people they employee to enforce the very laws they create.

Very Orwellian...but that's what leftist regime tend to be

I think Bush, Obama and Trump need turned over to face war crimes. (along with others)
To who? The Hague? So we should turn our soveignty over to The Hague?

That didn't answer my question though...so should The Hague and UN have sovereign immunity then?n

No one should have immunity.
Ok, so you do want to do away with Sovereign Immunity...even for The Hague. Will other Countries sign off on your plan?

I doubt it but as I've said many times I am for cleaning up our backyard before condemning others. What others do have no standing to what we do.
Then why did you bring up war crimes for Presidents?

Because you asked if I supported immunity for politicians.
Well no, I didn't specifically say them...there are numerous people that work for Govt. I just want to be clear, you want to abolish SI for all Govt and all it's agents.

But you haven't been clear about how we are suppose to resolve the disputes that might come up once that immunity is gone, since you seem to be unsatifified with the Courts working it out...where are we suppose to go then? How are we going to settle the disputes?

For the vast majority our civil rights are clear.

The analyst group Public Citizen counted 991 people killed by police in the U.S. last year. They tweeted that there were only 18 days where the police did not kill someone in 2020.

How many interactions with the public do the police have with citizens on a daily bases?

Quite a few which would make one wonder how many times they violated the rights of someone that never led to their deaths.
so death is quite rare. your claim the violence starts with them seems to quickly fallen apart

Just because every instance of violence and a violation of people's civil rights do not end in death does not mean it doesn't need addressed.
I don't disagree....and people, including the Govt violate people's rights daily...that's why we have a Court system to address those issues.

No. We are discussing the police. They have to learn what they legally can and can not do or face personal consequences just like anyone else.

Well they do go to school...and make mistakes...just like everyone else...why should they be treated differently then any other member of the Govt?

so you are for abolishing sovereign immunity then? I doubt you'll get the Govt to agree to that. So far all we have seen is a push by leftist politicans to keep it for themselves and get rid of it for the very people they employee to enforce the very laws they create.

I think Bush, Obama and Trump need turned over to face war crimes. (along with others)

That didn't answer my question though...so should The Hague and UN have sovereign immunity then?n

Ok, so you do want to do away with Sovereign Immunity...even for The Hague. Will other Countries sign off on your plan?

I doubt it but as I've said many times I am for cleaning up our backyard before condemning others. What others do have no standing to what we do.

Well no, I didn't specifically say them...there are numerous people that work for Govt. I just want to be clear, you want to abolish SI for all Govt and all it's agents.

But you haven't been clear about how we are suppose to resolve the disputes that might come up once that immunity is gone, since you seem to be unsatifified with the Courts working it out...where are we suppose to go then? How are we going to settle the disputes?haha

ok...keep dancing. Why can't you answer a simple question?

I am sure for most people we know what laws there are and aren't....but that doesn't mean there aren't disputes. Where are we going to go settle them?

What if me and my neighbor have a argument over a property line? I think he's violating my civil rights by taking part of my land. We can't go to the Courts, you've abolished them...moreover taken away the SI of the Judge, so if he's wrong, or if someone believes he's wrong they'll just sue him.......so where are we suppose to go? Just fist fight over it?

But you haven't been clear about how we are suppose to resolve the disputes that might come up once that immunity is gone, since you seem to be unsatifified with the Courts working it out...where are we suppose to go then? How are we going to settle the disputes?haha

I am sure for most people we know what laws there are and aren't....but that doesn't mean there aren't disputes. Where are we going to go settle them?

What if me and my neighbor have a argument over a property line? I think he's violating my civil rights by taking part of my land. We can't go to the Courts, you've abolished them...moreover taken away the SI of the Judge, so if he's wrong, or if someone believes he's wrong they'll just sue him.......so where are we suppose to go? Just fist fight over it?

Get rid of qualified immunity. I'm not interested in the minutia nor your totally irrelevant examples.

[

Get rid of qualified immunity. I'm not interested in the minutia nor your totally irrelevant examples.
I get that you are simply parroting some liberal talking and aren't sure what they mean, or the consequences of what would happen if it happened...so I get your frustration.

You do realize getting rid of QI, which was created as away to actually sue the Govt...won't get rid of SI. In fact, it was created as a way to get around that concept so people could sue and hold agents of the Govt personally liable.

So now that everyone working for Govt is liable personally....who's going to work for Govt? and we still have no place to settle our disputes....not a very great way to have a society....

[

I get that you are simply parroting some liberal talking and aren't sure what they mean, or the consequences of what would happen if it happened...so I get your frustration.

You do realize getting rid of QI, which was created as away to actually sue the Govt...won't get rid of SI. In fact, it was created as a way to get around that concept so people could sue and hold agents of the Govt personally liable.

So now that everyone working for Govt is liable personally....who's going to work for Govt? and we still have no place to settle our disputes....not a very great way to have a society....

The Constitution was never intended to not apply to government employees.

[

Ok....but that's not really answering my question. Obvioujsly the Constitution protects them and applies to them...so ok with undoing the Doctrine of SI from all Govt agents, and the Govt itself...ok...so I can sue the trash collector, personally, when the trash truck damages my yard, and the Govt as well....but I still don't have a place to sue them...where are where going to settle this?

Here's a little background of SI, and where it came from and why we have it.

" The courts have recognized it both as a principle that was inherited from English common law, and as a practical, logical inference (that the government cannot be compelled by the courts because it is the power of the government that creates the courts in the first place"

Also read Prince v United States, "It is an axiom of our jurisprudence. The government is not liable to suit unless it consents thereto, and its liability in suit cannot be extended beyond the plain language of the statute authorizing it

[

Ok....but that's not really answering my question. Obvioujsly the Constitution protects them and applies to them...so ok with undoing the Doctrine of SI from all Govt agents, and the Govt itself...ok...so I can sue the trash collector, personally, when the trash truck damages my yard, and the Govt as well....but I still don't have a place to sue them...where are where going to settle this?

A trash truck running through your yard has nothing to do with anything being discussed.

[

A trash truck running through your yard has nothing to do with anything being discussed.
It is if the Govt is the one running the trash pickup...which is the case in a lot of cities and towns.

Or did you really mean that you only want SI to disappear for a select group of Govt agents?

[

It is if the Govt is the one running the trash pickup...which is the case in a lot of cities and towns.

Or did you really mean that you only want SI to disappear for a select group of Govt agents?

A trash truck running through the yard doesn't violate one's civil rights.

[

Sure it does...if I have a town or city that provides the trash service, don't I have a right to that service not destroying my property?

What civil rights are you saying that the Govt shouldn't be immune from? and why should they then be immune from others?

[

Sure it does...if I have a town or city that provides the trash service, don't I have a right to that service not destroying my property?

What civil rights are you saying that the Govt shouldn't be immune from? and why should they then be immune from others?

There is nothing in the Constitution about trash trucks running through a yard.

[

So...there is nothing about a trucks in general....what's your point? We didn't have the gas engine back then.

So the Govt and it's agents should only not be immune from things that existed then? So if a cop hits a person and kills them with his cop car, he's immune? We didn't have tazers back then either...so if a cop hurts someone with one of those he's immune?

We did have land back then...and the Constitution says the Govt can't take my property without due process...so....

I don't know...I feel like we have a dispute here...where are we going to settle this, since you abolished the Courts?

[

So...there is nothing about a trucks in general....what's your point? We didn't have the gas engine back then.

So the Govt and it's agents should only not be immune from things that existed then? So if a cop hits a person and kills them with his cop car, he's immune? We didn't have tazers back then either...so if a cop hurts someone with one of those he's immune?

We did have land back then...and the Constitution says the Govt can't take my property without due process...so....

I don't know...I feel like we have a dispute here...where are we going to settle this, since you abolished the Courts?

A trash truck running through your yard doesn't violate any aspect of the Constitution.

[

A trash truck running through your yard doesn't violate any aspect of the Constitution.
The Constitution clearly states the Govt can't take my life, liberty OR property with out Due Process. A trash truck ripping up my yard is taking my property...my yard.

Again, sounds like we have a dispute, since you have abolished the Courts to hear such things how are we going to settle this?

AOC says "Tlaib isn't going to out stupid me"
You are obviously intimidated by strong women.

No, I mock idiot women and if you think that whack job is a strong woman you must be sissified
No, they are strong. smart women, not idiots like you. You do not even know your nationality.

They’re complete morons and demagogues. They were just crying about “January 6th”, talking about how they almost died. If they almost died who saved them? That’s right the police. Now they want to end the police? Yeah this idiots are trying to out woke each other while pouring gasoline on a fire. Fuck them.
Another one afraid of strong women.

What makes them strong women?
They have gotten far in life despite obstacles.

The controversial racist demagogue AOC is fanning the flames of hate again.
This time she is exploiting the Daunte Wright incident to help incite more Democrat violence.(cities burning)
AOC said 'Daunte Wright's killing was not a random, disconnected 'accident'
Wright had a warrant for the illegal possession of a gun.
Maybe AOC has changed her mind on gun control.

AOC joins fellow Squad member Rashida Tlaib's calls for the police to be abolished | Daily Mail Online
Not these Leo's

No, I mock idiot women and if you think that whack job is a strong woman you must be sissified
No, they are strong. smart women, not idiots like you. You do not even know your nationality.

They’re complete morons and demagogues. They were just crying about “January 6th”, talking about how they almost died. If they almost died who saved them? That’s right the police. Now they want to end the police? Yeah this idiots are trying to out woke each other while pouring gasoline on a fire. Fuck them.

What obstacles are those?

What obstacles are those?
Perhaps you should do some reading.

Forum List

Back