Anyone?

What do you want to debate about? I'm assuming by your avatar that you're from Tennessee which is a red state, so you are probably a conservative. That means that we are probably at opposite ends of the spectrum on some issues. I'm sure there is plenty we could argue about. :)
I am far from a conservative. I I had to brand myself anything it would be a "CLASSIC liberal".
I just go by logic and reasoning.
Come up with some ideas and where you stand and we can go from there:)

What do you want to debate about? I'm assuming by your avatar that you're from Tennessee which is a red state, so you are probably a conservative. That means that we are probably at opposite ends of the spectrum on some issues. I'm sure there is plenty we could argue about. :)
I am far from a conservative. I I had to brand myself anything it would be a "CLASSIC liberal".

Okay, well, I am pro second amendment and I feel strongly about defending ALL of our rights as people of the United States. I am kind what you would say anti government, though I am for social safety nets for the poor. I am ALL about helping out the poor because I think it just makes our country a better place and when there is less poverty and suffering, our country performs better, is more attractive for business/trade, etc. There are two subjects.

For more social issues, I am pro gay marriage and equal rights for gay people. I feel that if you are an American tax-paying citizen, then you shouldn't be treated any different from anyone else and that it's really not anyone else's business what a couple chooses to do. However, having said that, I feel very "iffy" about transgender folks. I don't and cannot really understand that at all, and I look at it more as a mental/emotional type of issue, so I feel there should alternative therapies and that the APA was full of crap and just bowed to political correctness and pressure from certain communities/lobbyists, etc. to eliminate it as a true psychiatric diagnosis, instead coming up with this "gender dysphoria" junk. Well, yeah, duh! Of course they are going to feel "dysphoria." :rolleyes-41:

So, you can pick. Lol. :p

Chris, you'll find TNH pretty interesting. I wouldn't hang assumption labels on 'im. :)

At least that's what I remember from the old daze when he was here last in 1854....

Yew'll be surpraaased, thar's sum smarts in Tennessee. That's why we let it be its own state a while back, figgered it wuz ready to leave the nest. :eusa_shifty:

Now South Carolina, that's a different story. There's a reason we have a wall between the states.

Fun fact: Tennessee used ta be West Carolina. That makes me sorta like TN's daddy.
giggle.gif

Chris, you'll find TNH pretty interesting. I wouldn't hang assumption labels on 'im. :)

At least that's what I remember from the old daze when he was here last in 1854....

Yew'll be surpraaased, thar's sum smarts in Tennessee. That's why we let it be its own state a while back, figgered it wuz ready to leave the nest. :eusa_shifty:

Now South Carolina, that's a different story. There's a reason we have a wall between the states.

That's nice. I like people that are not SO partisan. :) Lol! I was just guessing from his avatar. I don't really have any idea of the poster's views on the issues I mentioned above. A lot of people call me a "liberal" until I take the conservative side on an issue. Then, I'm suddenly a conservative, but I don't consider myself to belong to either one of those labels either, so I completely understand that stance. ;)

Okay, well, I am pro second amendment and I feel strongly about defending ALL of our rights as people of the United States. I am kind what you would say anti government, though I am for social safety nets for the poor. I am ALL about helping out the poor because I think it just makes our country a better place and when there is less poverty and suffering, our country performs better, is more attractive for business/trade, etc. There are two subjects.

For more social issues, I am pro gay marriage and equal rights for gay people. I feel that if you are an American tax-paying citizen, then you shouldn't be treated any different from anyone else and that it's really not anyone else's business what a couple chooses to do. However, having said that, I feel very "iffy" about transgender folks. I don't and cannot really understand that at all, and I look at it more as a mental/emotional type of issue, so I feel there should alternative therapies and that the APA was full of crap and just bowed to political correctness and pressure from certain communities/lobbyists, etc. to eliminate it as a true psychiatric diagnosis, instead coming up with this "gender dysphoria" junk. Well, yeah, duh! Of course they are going to feel "dysphoria." :rolleyes-41:

So, you can pick. Lol. :p
Well, there isn't anything to debate, lol. I might be a little stiffer about the poor(I am big on personal responsibility) but im not an asshole, lol.

That's nice. I like people that are not SO partisan. :) Lol! I was just guessing from his avatar. I don't really have any idea of the poster's views on the issues I mentioned above. A lot of people call me a "liberal" until I take the conservative side on an issue. Then, I'm suddenly a conservative, but I don't consider myself to belong to either one of those labels either, so I completely understand that stance. ;)
Amen
I am a righty because I believe in freedom of religion
I am a lefty because I believe in freedom from religion
I am a righty because I believe in personal responsibility
I am a lefty because I am pro-choice
I am a righty because I value individual liberty(this one also makes me racist and bigoted LMAO)
I am a lefty because I don't think foreign for-profit companies should be granted eminent domain for dirty oil when it doesn't benefit the public at large.
etc etc etc

Forum List

Back