Anyone wonder why interest in sports continues to slide?

Sports are supposed to be about the masses forgetting their problems for awhile. Of course new ones start with allegiance to particular teams. To much money now. And has been. Cable TV reform will lower Bills by at least a third and more. Thus people that want to se political views can pay for it.

Well we all saw and heard Trump make a huge political deal about football kneeling years ago! It shows there are plenty of a-holes out there hanging on his every word! It's sad and pathetic since the man eventually will be found certifiable! It's a wonder we survived those 4 years! The risidual stink of his admin. and governing is still apparent! :eek:

Is it because PROGS inject politics into everything and ruin everything they touch?

You've pretty much got to be transgender anyways to compete as a female weightlifter — they all inject anabolic steroids and wax off any excess body or facial hair.

It's not due to politics, although politics has contributed.
My 18-year-old son has no interest in sports, despite my being a fanatical Ohio State Football fan. He just doesn't care. He has many more entertainment options than I did when I was his age.
TV has gone down hill since reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother hit the airwaves. Reality shows are cheap to produce and the younger generations can't get enough of them.

There is only ONE program that I record and watch with my son, Impractical Jokers. Are you familiar with it?
I've seen it a few times. I would consider it a modern version of Candid Camera. I would definitely not consider it a reality show since the cast is paid and they return season after season. Another early show I remember with paid comedians was Make Me Laugh.

Again I’ll say. Only whiney little drama queens are effected by this. Who gives a shit if a player is taking a knee before the game or wearing purple shoes to support a cause. If you like football then watch football. Little daisys who get butthurt about what kids are protesting don’t really matter. Y’all are kooky enough as it is, the sports will do just fine without you watching
Lol, this is how commies see sports. You are such a commie that you don't even hear how bad this sounds. This is young men are waiting for women to push their pussies into their hands like a welfare check. This is why we see fat ugly chick's in tv commercials instead of smokin' hot women. This is why sexy cars are being replaced with BMW I3 and Nissan leafs. Commies who see our country like you do are why we need to Make America Great Again.

again - if you're going to support the right to protest, then you support the right to protest REGARDLESS Of what they are protesting.

bitching about people doing something you fight for under another viewpoint is the core of why we're all so divided today.
I support the right to protest, but I do not support protesting where it is not appropriate. I have deep disrespect for Bejing Biden, but I would not support protests against him if they were pissing on the Graves of his ancestors. I certainly don't support protesting the national anthem that so many paid the ultimate price for either.

Why so sensitive. Does hearing other people express their opinions bother you that much?
And you are so triggered by his expression of opinion that you felt compelled to ask him if hearing another's opinion bothers him. Hilarious.

I support the right to protest, but I do not support protesting where it is not appropriate.
It's said that we shouldn't discuss politics and religion in polite company. I think that should apply to most forms of entertainment. The leftists that support people engaging in political activism before games or shows would certainly oppose being subjected to a short religious sermon.

Well we all saw and heard Trump make a huge political deal about football kneeling years ago! It shows there are plenty of a-holes out there hanging on his every word! It's sad and pathetic since the man eventually will be found certifiable! It's a wonder we survived those 4 years! The risidual stink of his admin. and governing is still apparent! :eek:
So you'd be ok with listening to a short religious sermon before the game or show, right?

Lol, this is how commies see sports. You are such a commie that you don't even hear how bad this sounds. This is young men are waiting for women to push their pussies into their hands like a welfare check. This is why we see fat ugly chick's in tv commercials instead of smokin' hot women. This is why sexy cars are being replaced with BMW I3 and Nissan leafs. Commies who see our country like you do are why we need to Make America Great Again.
This guy had one too many tonight. Haha... Sleep it off buddy

And you are so triggered by his expression of opinion that you felt compelled to ask him if hearing another's opinion bothers him. Hilarious.
Nice spin, but I'm engaging and he is disengaging... See the difference?

TV has gone down hill since reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother hit the airwaves. Reality shows are cheap to produce and the younger generations can't get enough of them.
Watching 6 frankly nice looking people laying around a house is a real viewing dumb down

Last edited:
I think a lot of people find it irritating to have a bunch of overpaid morons preaching at them, in various ways, and trying to tell viewers what to think about race or anything else.

I saw a phrase in another thread that sums it up quickly: " Black Fatigue."

So you'd be ok with listening to a short religious sermon before the game or show, right?

It already began decades ago with the faux routine of saluting the flag and singing of the "SBB" before every sporting event! Most people don't even remember when it started or why, they just do it following along like sheep! :dunno::itsok::bow3:

It already began decades ago with the faux routine of saluting the flag and singing of the "SBB" before every sporting event! Most people don't even remember when it started or why, they just do it following along like sheep! :dunno::itsok::bow3:
See post 126

Is it because PROGS inject politics into everything and ruin everything they touch?

I've actually been turned away from sports for a few years now. I never cared for most of them to begin with, so I only watched the NFL, NASCAR, and a few others. The NFL screwed themselves with too many commercials, you can't go five minutes of game time without three commercial breaks. Add in the anti-American bullshit and I'm done, never to return. Once you start spending your time on other things, you don't even miss it. The fact there are so many other, more satisfying entertainment options, just makes sports irrelevant to me.

By coincidence I have an old friend, good heart though can be very mean, fucking nuts, "liberal". Declared lesbian, first I met her she made that clear as if important to me. Was married had kids, secretly still likes penises, Pretty cute in her youth per pictures. A big piece came together today, her mom looks exactly like a dude.

Forum List

Back