Anyone who has been raised on a particular Faith, do you think you would have gravitated to your current beliefs eventually?

I was raised going to church but realized christianity is a scam and full of lies so stopped going when I was about 13yo. I've read and studied various religions and gods but have never considered to back religion.
You are in great company.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

Anyone who has been raised on a particular Faith, do you think you would have gravitated to your current beliefs eventually?

what have your replies contributed to the thread subject -

no, I am not a christian, you are a good example of why that is an awful religion that warps peoples mind in a very bad way - your macabre illustration is a reflection of yourself and no one else.
Why don't you ask the OP if he feels like I contributed to the topic?

I certainly didn't think your anti-religion post was on topic.
If you are an example of what it is like to be "set free," no thanks.

You attack the faith of others. That's not a good look.
I certainly didn't think your anti-religion post was on topic.
my response was to your off topic response to my post ....

you really need help using that photo as a backdrop for anything. .it represents something you have no understanding for whatsoever.
You mean my response to your off topic response. :lol:

"do you think you would have gravitated to your current Faith, if you had been born into some other world view"?
Could the question, as presented, askew the main point? I propose a two-part question: How close has the faith you have been born into brought you to God? Had you been born into another faith do you believe you would now be closer to God or further away? If further away, do you believe it is more likely you would have researched other faiths, or more likely you would have become atheist or agnostic?

I was born into the Catholic faith which brought me very close to God. I believe there would have been the same result had I been born into Greek or Russian Orthodox, or Jewish faith. I think it may have been somewhat possible the result would be the same had I been born into and possibly the Episcopal, Lutheran, Pentecostal, and LDS sects of Christianity or perhaps the Muslim faith or Buddhism.

There are some sects of Christianity, and perhaps Hinduism and Taoism, where I could see myself drifting more towards agnosticism or atheism.

Forum List

Back