Anyone think the internet was better back in the 90's early 2000's?

Says the newbie

The problem is this newbie is up your nose and you can't do a thing a bout it.
It's not as if your length of time on here has saturated your brain with intelligence. What a childish pathetic dumb statement.

I'm probably gonna show my age with this post, but i remember the good old days of the internet back in the 90's early 2000's before the suits started getting their greedy hands on it.

Because back then you had to know how a computer worked before you could get on the internet. And back then everything required a seperate irq# and if something had the same irq it would brick the computer and when modems came seperate. The only way back then you would get on the internet is if you were a college student,military,worked for the government or knew someone in those fields. And back then you couldn't get on the internet using a cell phone.

And it seems nowadays the internet is becoming too commercialized and kid friendly.

Like kids are going to many sites nowadays and causing websites to be brought down to kid safe levels, regardless what the site is actually about.

And using a fake name is frowned upon nowadays by facebook and such,when back in 1996 it was considered the norm to use a fake name, instead of a real name.

I feel we should be like to facebook,google and such, **** you, you can't tell me what to do.

You have never read the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" have you?

OMG - way-way better.
As someone alluded to before... Google was the best thing ever. Ever.
There was really nothing you couldn't find an answer to.
Now Google gives it's results by who pays them the most. Many times if I am looking for something specific you have to go to the 2nd or even 3rd page of the results to find an actual answer and not someone selling something that has something to do with it.

Not to mention, the internet has WAY more bad information than good. You can't trust pretty much any result you get. Honestly, looking at YouTube videos may give you better info.

OMG - way-way better.
Now Google gives it's results by who pays them the most. Many times if I am looking for something specific you have to go to the 2nd or even 3rd page of the results to find an actual answer and not someone selling something that has something to do with it.

Not to mention, the internet has WAY more bad information than good. You can't trust pretty much any result you get. Honestly, looking at YouTube videos may give you better info.
But the blonde in the Geico commercial said it has to be true if it's on the internet! :dunno:

90's was good.
Plus in the 90's the internet only shut down once a month for cleaning.

Last edited:
OMG - way-way better.

Plus they are biased out the ass.

New Topics

Forum List

Back