Anyone seen Dune ??

Gonna waste your money.

Michael Keaton was the BEST movie Batman, although I liked Val Kilmer too.

Everybody since, has been a laugh riot. Although Affleck did a half decent job of it.
It's like WHO HASN'T been Batman yet???? When is it MY turn??? LMAO
I'm not into superhero movies at all. But I really liked Batman Begins with Christian Bale.

I am spilt on seeing it

Seeing Batman but that is 4 months
I just watched Dune this evening. It's good. Above average for the sci-fi genre.

They went all out on this movie.

I read the book way the hell back in high school.

I loved the first Dune book, liked books 2 and 3, but 4 (God Emperor of Dune) is the 2nd worst book I have ever read. The absolute worst was "It". Stephen King is a horrible writer.
King used to be a great writer, but then he started grinding out a book every six months and the quality dropped dramatically. I stopped reading him for a really long time because of it. Then I took a chance again when 11/22/63 came out and I really enjoyed it.

The Shining and The Stand were good.

Every movie they have made from his books suck.

Last edited:
That is sweet. We had a lot of books around our house when I was a kid. I started on Jane Austen when I was 10.

She gave me a copy of the lord of the rings at 11 and A Thousand And One Nights And A Night at 12.
My mom was batshit crazy but the one thing she did for me that has paid off bigly is she taught me to read when I was three years old. And not that See Spot Run stuff. She started me out with Grimm's Fairy Tales. When I was finally old enough to go to school, I was bored out of my ever loving mind.

As the other kids struggled to read the three words on each page of See Spot Run, when the teacher called on me I blazed through several pages before she could stop me.

She never called on me again. :lol:

My mom was batshit crazy but the one thing she did for me that has paid off bigly is she taught me to read when I was three years old. And not that See Spot Run stuff. She started me out with Grimm's Fairy Tales. When I was finally old enough to go to school, I was bored out of my ever loving mind.

As the other kids struggled to read the three words on each page of See Spot Run, when the teacher called on me I blazed through several pages before she could stop me.

She never called on me again. :lol:

I learned to read early as well. That's one of the best things parents can do: to make sure their kids can and love to read.

Forum List

Back