Anyone seen Dune ??

I am spilt on seeing it

Seeing Batman but that is 4 months
What there was of it was magnificent, but the second half will never get made. If you haven't read the book you won't understand it, and most folks don't read. It's gonna flop box office wise.

That makes Crepitus sad.

I saw it last night.

I would recommend it.

The visuals were great. The acting was fine and they did a reasonable job bringing a complex story to the screen.

I'm glad they are making it a two parter. Nobody can tell the story in one movie.

If would help if you read the book or at least saw the 1980s movie.
I was a huge fan of Frank Herbert's novels.
While somewhat dissatisfied with the first movie it was still entertaining to see it attempted visually. Probably watched it two dozen times.
I will definitely be watching it soon on the HBO app.

I was a huge fan of Frank Herbert's novels.
While somewhat dissatisfied with the first movie it was still entertaining to see it attempted visually. Probably watched it two dozen times.
I will definitely be watching it soon on the HBO app.

I loved the first Dune book, liked books 2 and 3, but 4 (God Emperor of Dune) is the 2nd worst book I have ever read. The absolute worst was "It". Stephen King is a horrible writer.

Interesting tidbit: the house in which Herbert lived while writing Dune was put on the market in September (it's currently Pending on Zillow):

I loved the first Dune book, liked books 2 and 3, but 4 (God Emperor of Dune) is the 2nd worst book I have ever read. The absolute worst was "It". Stephen King is a horrible writer.
All but the first sucked ass IMHO.

All but the first sucked ass IMHO.

If you disliked them, why did you bother reading them all? If I'm reading a series, I quit when one book jumps the shark.

If you disliked them, why did you bother reading them all? If I'm reading a series, I quit when one book jumps the shark.
I was 10 or so. I got the first three as a gift from my grandmother who thought they were great. My mother insisted I read them because they were a gift.

I was 10 or so. I got the first three as a gift from my grandmother who thought they were great. My mother insisted I read them because they were a gift.

Your mom did you a solid.

What there was of it was magnificent, but the second half will never get made. If you haven't read the book you won't understand it, and most folks don't read. It's gonna flop box office wise.

That makes Crepitus sad.
Chances are good we will see Part Two.

Dune

She gave me a copy of the lord of the rings at 11 and A Thousand And One Nights And A Night at 12.

That is sweet. We had a lot of books around our house when I was a kid. I started on Jane Austen when I was 10.

Forum List

Back