Anyone remember Bernhard Goetz?

I have always heard about Mr. Goetz, but I never took the time to research his case.

Thanks so much for posting this information.

Now I better understand those movies in which Clint Eastwood and especially Charles Bronson go after the bad guys.

I am very sad to read about the crimes of violence that are currently occurring again in the Big Apple. Hopefully, the people of New York City will elect a better mayor. (Things are so bad that some teenagers are throwing water on police officers because they know that they will receive only a slap on the wrist, if that.)
This is the decadence that results with years of Democrat mayors. Giving the thugs "space to destroy".

You know it's funny how you guys want more Goetz type and have chosen to celebrate this criminal. If blacks decided to enter a white racist hangout and opened fire you guys would not appreciate it if we celebrated that person as a hero.
Goetz fired in self-defense, you dunce.

n April 1996, in a civil courthouse in the Bronx, the unjust saga of Bernhard Goetz finally came to a close. New York’s subway gunman, having endured twelve years that included a criminal trial, eight months in prison, worldwide publicity, and civil lawsuits, was told by a jury of non-whites to pay $43 million to Darrell Cabey, one of the four black hoodlums who tried to rob him.

And American Africans wonder why so many do not respect them.

The Bernhard Goetz Affair - American Renaissance
He never actually paid a dime of that $43,000,000 because, he declared bankruptsy.
He should have sued the non-white jury.

I don't think his life was ruined....he was just inflicted with some un-deserved hardships.

Actually, most of them were self-inflicted. From your own quote.

In the subsequent criminal trial in 1987, a predominantly white jury in Manhattan acquitted Goetz of attempted murder, but he was found guilty of illegal firearms possession count, for which he served less than a year. Yet pressure to hold the shooter accountable for his actions landed Goetz back in court. This time, though, Goetz refused to stay on the sidelines.

“I wanted to kill those guys. I wanted to maim those guys. I wanted to make them suffer in every way I could…. If I had more bullets, I would have shot them all again and again. My problem was I ran out of bullets.” - Bernhard Goetz

Following the conclusion of his first trial, he'd become much more vocal about the problems facing the city. He pushed for all civilians to arm themselves, and told one reporter that Cabey's mother would have been better if she'd had an abortion.

Um- yeah. Pretty much hanged himself in the Civil Suit when he said that. He went from "Guy protecting himself" to "Crazy person looking to shoot black kids."

Now, to a degree, part of the problem was that the ground had shifted. In the 1980's, when he shot those kids, NYC was awash in crime and people were sympathetic. By the 1990's, crime had dropped due to Guliani's Gestapo Tactics, and people were more afraid of the cops than the crooks. And along comes loudmouth Bernie bragging he wanted to shoot them some more.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You know it's funny how you guys want more Goetz type and have chosen to celebrate this criminal. If blacks decided to enter a white racist hangout and opened fire you guys would not appreciate it if we celebrated that person as a hero.
But you would.

Oh, BTW...

Trains aren't supposed to be black racist's hangouts. But Goetz appreciates your support of his claim.

Goetz fired in self-defense, you dunce.
And so would the blacks who entered a white racist hangout. All one of the whites would have to do is bull out a knife like the guys Goetz shot and they could get blasted.

But you would.

Oh, BTW...

Trains aren't supposed to be black racist's hangouts. But Goetz appreciates your support of his claim.
The thing whites like you fail to understand is that your race has a history of terrorism against us, so a black person could reasonably shoot up a bunch of whites and claim they were in fear for their lives.

The thing whites like you fail to understand is that your race has a history of terrorism against us, so a black person could reasonably shoot up a bunch of whites and claim they were in fear for their lives.
You don't even know my race. You just assume I'm white because I don't Step n Fetch like you do. You just assume that anyone that doesn't need Affirmative Action to compete and succeed must be white.

You're not a loser and a victim because of what other people did in the past.

You're a loser because you want to be a victim and blame others for your failures instead your own laziness and ignorance.

You equated a public train to a racist hangout because that's what you think it is. You equate black thugs to racists because that's how you think.

You think I'm white because I'm not on my knees like you.

Bernie was a paranoid nut job looking for someone to shoot

I don't think he was paranoid at all.

At the time of the shooting, the New York Subway was one of the most violent places on Earth.

If you entered the subways in NY at that point in time without a firearm,you were basically signing your own death warrant.

His trigger finger may have been a little bit itchy, but not to the level of "paranoia."

When I was in college during that era. a college friend of mine lived in the neighborhood of Queens. When he went home from college, he always had his boys at the Port Authority so he would stand a chance fighting his way from Times Square to his home.

Bernie was a paranoid nut job looking for someone to shoot

I don't think he was paranoid at all.

At the time of the shooting, the New York Subway was one of the most violent places on Earth.

If you entered the subways in NY at that point in time without a firearm,you were basically signing your own death warrant.

His trigger finger may have been a little bit itchy, but not to the level of "paranoia."

When I was in college during that era. a college friend of mine lived in the neighborhood of Queens. When he went home from college, he always had his boys at the Port Authority so he would stand a chance fighting his way from Times Square to his home.
Bernhard was a man who took matters into his own hands when dealing with those thugs on the subway. He did all of New York a favor when he took the savages out. And he was found NOT GUILTY by way of self defense. We need MANY more like Bernhard Goetz in New York City right now.

Last edited:
But you would.

Oh, BTW...

hehheh The African poster is so stupid he does not get what he said.....funny how the truth comes out.

Forum List

Back