Anyone remember Bernhard Goetz?

TheShockJock

Dec 13, 2019
n April 1996, in a civil courthouse in the Bronx, the unjust saga of Bernhard Goetz finally came to a close. New York’s subway gunman, having endured twelve years that included a criminal trial, eight months in prison, worldwide publicity, and civil lawsuits, was told by a jury of non-whites to pay $43 million to Darrell Cabey, one of the four black hoodlums who tried to rob him.

And American Africans wonder why so many do not respect them.

The Bernhard Goetz Affair - American Renaissance

Bernie was a paranoid nut job looking for someone to shoot

Shame what happened to Goetz. Life ruined over some ghetto monkeys who would have ended up dead or in prison anyhow. Only thing Goetz didn't do correctly was aim accurately.

Shame what happened to Goetz. Life ruined over some ghetto monkeys who would have ended up dead or in prison anyhow. Only thing Goetz didn't do correctly was aim accurately.

He only had a 5 shot .38 calibre pistol...he managed to hit each of his 4 assailants and neutralized them....pretty good shooting.

I don't think his life was ruined....he was just inflicted with some un-deserved hardships.

More on Bernie..................
Infamous New Yorker and folk hero Bernhard Hugo Goetz was born on November 7, 1947, in Queens, New York to a Jewish mother who had converted to Lutheranism--The youngest of four children, Goetz was raised largely in upstate New York. His father, a German immigrant, owned a bookbinding business and 300-acre dairy farm.

Bernhard was sent to Switzerland to attend boarding school. He eventually returned to the U.S. and enrolled at New York University, where he earned a degree in electrical and nuclear engineering. By the late 1970s, Goetz owned and operated a small business that specialized in calibrating high-end electronic equipment.

Goetz thrived in a world of machines and precise calculations, but he was dismayed at what he viewed as the crumbling social structure of New York City, and pushed hard for city officials to clean up his neighborhood. Then, in January 1981, he was attacked by three teenagers at a subway station. He was lucky to escape with just a knee injury, but two of the three assailants managed to escape. The other spent just a few hours at a police station. Goetz was furious and, before the year was out, he applied for a gun permit.

Shooting Incident
On December 22, 1984, Goetz entered an empty Manhattan train, also on the car were four American-African teenagers: Troy Canty, Barry Allen, Darrell Cabey and James Ramseur. As witness testimony later stated, Goetz had barely taken his seat when the young men approached Goetz for $5. When Goetz refused, Canty responded, "Give me your money."

Suspecting he was being set up for another mugging, Goetz stood up and said, "You all can have it." Goetz started firing his revolver, wounding all four teens. When the train came to a stop, a startled Goetz ran out of the car and eventually fled the city, making his way to Concord, New Hampshire. Eight days after the shooting, Goetz finally turned himself into police.

The New York City that Goetz returned to was a different place than the one he'd left. New Yorkers, tired of the crime that had gripped their home, vaulted Goetz to hero status. Joan Rivers sent Goetz a telegram of "love and kisses" and said she would help out with his bail money. T-shirts celebrating Goetz's actions sprang up everywhere. Goetz, who posted his own $50,000 bail, wanted none of it. At least not at first. "I'm amazed at this celebrity status," he told the New York Post. "I want to remain anonymous."

Trials and Public Image
In the subsequent criminal trial in 1987, a predominantly white jury in Manhattan acquitted Goetz of attempted murder, but he was found guilty of illegal firearms possession count, for which he served less than a year. Yet pressure to hold the shooter accountable for his actions landed Goetz back in court. This time, though, Goetz refused to stay on the sidelines.

“I wanted to kill those guys. I wanted to maim those guys. I wanted to make them suffer in every way I could…. If I had more bullets, I would have shot them all again and again. My problem was I ran out of bullets.” - Bernhard Goetz

Following the conclusion of his first trial, he'd become much more vocal about the problems facing the city. He pushed for all civilians to arm themselves, and told one reporter that Cabey's mother would have been better if she'd had an abortion. In 1996, a civil jury in the Bronx found in favor of the plaintiff, and awarded Cabey, who had been paralyzed by the shooting, $43 million in damages. Goetz immediately declared bankruptcy.

As he started to do before his second trial, Goetz embraced celebrity. He appeared in a pair of small films, pushed for the legalization of marijuana, made a run for the mayor's office, made a variety of television and radio appearances and even opened a new store called Vigilante Electronics.

In November 2013, Goetz made headlines again after he was arrested on drug charges. He was taken into custody after selling $30 worth of marijuana to an undercover police officer in New York City. In 2014, those charges were later dropped by a judge who said the prosecutors had taken too long to bring the case to trial.

Last edited:
Goetz is an American hero. ... :thup:

New York needs more like him.
Like him too.

hqdefault.jpg

n April 1996, in a civil courthouse in the Bronx, the unjust saga of Bernhard Goetz finally came to a close. New York’s subway gunman, having endured twelve years that included a criminal trial, eight months in prison, worldwide publicity, and civil lawsuits, was told by a jury of non-whites to pay $43 million to Darrell Cabey, one of the four black hoodlums who tried to rob him.

Remember Colin Ferguson's train shooting?
Nobody could stop him because they were all unarmed.
Maybe if someone had a CC they could have stopped him.
1993 Long Island Rail Road shooting - Wikipedia.

He only had a 5 shot .38 calibre pistol...he managed to hit each of his 4 assailants and neutralized them....pretty good shooting.
I am thinking head shots...but no doubt high hit percentage.

He interfered with those youths god given right to rob whites.

He never actually paid a dime of that $43,000,000 because, he declared bankruptsy.

I have always heard about Mr. Goetz, but I never took the time to research his case.

Thanks so much for posting this information.

Now I better understand those movies in which Clint Eastwood and especially Charles Bronson go after the bad guys.

I am very sad to read about the crimes of violence that are currently occurring again in the Big Apple. Hopefully, the people of New York City will elect a better mayor. (Things are so bad that some teenagers are throwing water on police officers because they know that they will receive only a slap on the wrist, if that.)

You know it's funny how you guys want more Goetz type and have chosen to celebrate this criminal. If blacks decided to enter a white racist hangout and opened fire you guys would not appreciate it if we celebrated that person as a hero.

Specifically, who is raising and nurturing perfectly health newborns maturing into apparent emotionally troubled, sometimes VIOLENT HATERS lacking respect for their neighbors?

Are Americans aware Child Abuse stats reveal American Kids of African Descent experience our Nation's HIGHEST rate of UNHEALTHY potentially life scarring Abuse!

Jazelle Hunt, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris.png

⚠️ Strong Language

Child Abusing #PROBLACK Women Are Destroying #TheBlackCommunity:

'Can You Remind Me Why We Killing Each Other'

Peace ♥

Forum List

Back