Anyone of you into classical music?

Hey guys, just curious if any of you is into classical music, maybe even playing an instrument.

I've been making myself familiar with classical music in the past years and collected quite a CD collection (yes, I know, I could just online stream the music, but I'm a collector ... also, CDs offer better sound quality). When doing this, I was guided by a pretty nice book, "Classical Music" by Phil G. Goulding. It offers a really great introduction to this genre.

These days, I'm watching classical operas on DVD/BD. So far, I can say I find Wagner needs a good editor and is a bit heavy, while the melodramatic Italian operas are more to my taste.

How about you?
I'm trying real hard to get into classical music. I am a pianist. Been playing for 47 years. Started at 5 yrs old playing classical music. I left that to play Beatles and Billy Joel later bc i hated classical music. But now that I'm older I really understand the beauty of some songs.

It's funny this thread is here, because I was going to make a thread about how simple most classical songs are. I'm trying to understand why many songs are considered great, when they're actually simple jingles with filler in between the jingles.

There are very few that are actually great songs without filler.

Canon D, Blue Danube, And some of Tchaikovsky.

I hear Bach and Beethoven, and it's a jingle with filler.

At times yes, sometimes when cooking I listen to it.
One of the most beautiful songs to me is Sull'aria Le nozze di Figaro
Impossible to listen to this and not be calmed by it...

Here's a nice duet version of Canon, just piano and cello. But I'm going to learn Canon in C, for my piano and my ukulele! :)

At times yes, sometimes when cooking I listen to it.
One of the most beautiful songs to me is Sull'aria Le nozze di Figaro
Impossible to listen to this and not be calmed by it...

I take it back, I've been listening again, and it's starting to grow on me. Thanks for that.

Not a song for me, because I can't possibly play it, but I hear what you're saying about being calmed. I hear it, and thank you, and I'm sorry for my initial dismissal of opera.

Forum List

Back