Anyone know about the "Cracker Tax"?

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I'm off to work and haven't had time to look it up, but does anyone have information on what is being refered to as the "Cracker Tax". It's a ten percent tax on tanning bed use. Isn't passing a tax that affects one race disproportionally ( whether intentional or not ) illegal?

I'm off to work and haven't had time to look it up, but does anyone have information on what is being refered to as the "Cracker Tax". It's a ten percent tax on tanning bed use. Isn't passing a tax that affects one race disproportionally ( whether intentional or not ) illegal?

Heh ... I didn't think about it that way.

I don't know the law at all but I suppose a pretty good argument can be made that the tax is unfair.

The tax is real and went into affect the minute the bill was signed into law. It is not "disproportianate" as anyone who uses a tanning bed will pay the tax...it is not just for those that are of one race. The fact that only one race may opt to use the tanning bed is not a factor....all have the right to use one....so all are subject to the tax.

I don't know why crackers go to tanning beds,, sunshine is free! for the moment that is. I'm sure though they will find a way to monitor your use of sunshine and tax you accordingly.

They should be taxed.

No true redneck would go to a tanning salon.

I hate fake rednecks.

I don't know why crackers go to tanning beds,, sunshine is free! for the moment that is. I'm sure though they will find a way to monitor your use of sunshine and tax you accordingly.

In Pittsburgh, it's free sixty days out of the year. The other 305 days are at least overcast or, more usually, outright rainy.

Taking effect right now Obama's health care plan taxes tanning salons. This is a tax on mostly white conservative women in upper middle class suburbs.

As we know black women do not go to tanning salons.

The dark Latino women do not go to tanning salons.

Good Liberal tree huggning Democrats do not go to tanning salons, after all that would be wasting energy which causes global warming.

Obama, being the most intelligent president the USA has elected knows a tax on tanning salons is going to only effect conservatives.

Tanning Tax, Family Insurance to Take Effect in 2010 (Update1) - BusinessWeek

Bloomberg

Tanning Tax, Family Insurance to Take Effect in 2010 (Update1)
March 24, 2010, 9:37 AM EDT
More From Businessweek

By Shannon Pettypiece

March 24 (Bloomberg) -- Businesses will feel the effects of the health-care overhaul this year as a tax on indoor tanning salons goes in effect

What will be the next tax Obama enacts targeted specifically for conservatives.

Heh ... I didn't think about it that way.

I don't know the law at all but I suppose a pretty good argument can be made that the tax is unfair.

I guess it is unfair that some are born with too light of a skin tone and want to be more like the black folks.

Taking effect right now Obama's health care plan taxes tanning salons. This is a tax on mostly white conservative women in upper middle class suburbs.

Good Liberal tree huggning Democrats do not go to tanning salons, after all that would be wasting energy which causes global warming.

Obama, being the most intelligent president the USA has elected knows a tax on tanning salons is going to only effect conservatives.

Bloomberg

More From Businessweek

By Shannon Pettypiece

March 24 (Bloomberg) -- Businesses will feel the effects of the health-care overhaul this year as a tax on indoor tanning salons goes in effect

What are you doing wasting your time posting on this board?

With the glittering talent you have to spin this, and I mean that sincerely, you should be a producer for one of the Conservative talk show pundits!

Seriously! This is the most inventive piece of spinning I have seen since I saw the looms in the Textile Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art!

"Proof of racially discriminatory intent or purpose is required to show a violation of the Equal Protection Clause." Disparate impact merely has an evidentiary value; absent a "stark" pattern, "impact is not determinative." (See also Washington v. Davis (1976).)

So...prove the intent....or quit whining.

Bloomberg

More From Businessweek

By Shannon Pettypiece

What are you doing wasting your time posting on this board?

With the glittering talent you have to spin this, and I mean that sincerely, you should be a producer for one of the Conservative talk show pundits!

Seriously! This is the most inventive piece of spinning I have seen since I saw the looms in the Textile Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art!

Spinning and inventive, thank you very much and I do mean that sincerly, you see my very young and naive freind, unless you have the imagination and creativity to take an action of the governments, lets say to twist it and spin it, you will never see the truth, are so naive to think otherwise.

Be sure I do not watch Fox news, I think its too weak, fake conservatism, yes Fox news has Glenn Beck which is the greatest news show on television today but after that the rest are nothing more than empty heads towing a fake conservative message.

You people need to learn to look at things from many perspectives, to be inventive, to spin, if the truth is purposely hidden, how do you find the truth.

Conservatives are not a bunch of crazy right wing extremists, mostly we are calm, intelligent people with common sense. Conservatives are who built the world and made the USA, we are mostly silent and not quick to take physical action but you can rest assurd that when the call of our nation comes it is the Conservatives who are strong enough to save the USA which in turn will save the world.

Its a sad fact that the Obama/Marxist/Liberals are mean but physically extremely weak. Hell, Obama has not the strength to even quit smoking but he is rich enough to afford any tax he puts on cigarettes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back