anyone here watch Six Feet Under?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I just finished up the final season on On Demand, and... God, I don't even know. The season had its ups and downs but that last episode was honestly one of the most poetic, moving things I have ever seen on television. Please tell me I'm not the only SFU fan here.

Dan said:
I just finished up the final season on On Demand, and... God, I don't even know. The season had its ups and downs but that last episode was honestly one of the most poetic, moving things I have ever seen on television. Please tell me I'm not the only SFU fan here.

I love it. the season finale was amazing! I laughed, I cried, It's a part of me.

I thought that was the series finale.

Yeah, it was, great note to go out on.

SPOILERS!!!

I didn't think they'd be able to top the emotional intensity of Nate's death, but they did, big-time.

Dan said:
Yeah, it was, great note to go out on.

SPOILERS!!!

I didn't think they'd be able to top the emotional intensity of Nate's death, but they did, big-time.

What??? OMG, I'm way behind on that series. How did Nate die?? :cry:

They have to bring him back to life somehow!!!

Said1 said:
What??? OMG, I'm way behind on that series. How did Nate die?? :cry:

They have to bring him back to life somehow!!!

He had a brain hemorrage after cheating on Brenda with a quaker. he said, "numb arm, numb arm, narm , nar..." and keeled over.

Oh, man, I feel bad now, I didn't mean to spoil that for you.

Anyway, I'll try to sum up the majority of Nate's arch from this past season for you if you want....

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING IT, THOUGH...

OK, well, at the beginning of the season, Nate and Brenda get married, but right after they do, Brenda loses her baby (she was pregnant). She gets pregnant again, but Nate, as usual, is starting to get scared of the normalcy of his life and starts questioning whether he's turning into his father, etc. He begins attending a Quaker church with George's (Ruth's husband) daughter. In one of the last episodes of the season, he goes to her house to pick her up and they end up having sex. As he is getting dressed, he starts complaining that his arm is numb, then he just collapses and that's the end of the episode. In the next one, he's getting surgery at the hospital while most of the family waits. The surgery is a success, and everyone visits Nate. He tells Brenda he doesn't think the marriage is going to work out. Everyone leaves except for David, who wants to spend the night. He falls asleep and when he wakes up, Nate is dead.

He had another one of those AVMs in his brain, that was what killed him. And that's all I'm telling you, because I feel bad enough just ruining this much for you. If you were a fan of the series, please do yourself a favor and at least watch the last episode, I'm still haunted/moved by it, it just sums up the entire series perfectly.

Dan said:
Oh, man, I feel bad now, I didn't mean to spoil that for you.

Anyway, I'll try to sum up the majority of Nate's arch from this past season for you if you want....

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING IT, THOUGH...

OK, well, at the beginning of the season, Nate and Brenda get married, but right after they do, Brenda loses her baby (she was pregnant). She gets pregnant again, but Nate, as usual, is starting to get scared of the normalcy of his life and starts questioning whether he's turning into his father, etc. He begins attending a Quaker church with George's (Ruth's husband) daughter. In one of the last episodes of the season, he goes to her house to pick her up and they end up having sex. As he is getting dressed, he starts complaining that his arm is numb, then he just collapses and that's the end of the episode. In the next one, he's getting surgery at the hospital while most of the family waits. The surgery is a success, and everyone visits Nate. He tells Brenda he doesn't think the marriage is going to work out. Everyone leaves except for David, who wants to spend the night. He falls asleep and when he wakes up, Nate is dead.

He had another one of those AVMs in his brain, that was what killed him. And that's all I'm telling you, because I feel bad enough just ruining this much for you. If you were a fan of the series, please do yourself a favor and at least watch the last episode, I'm still haunted/moved by it, it just sums up the entire series perfectly.

No, you didn't wreck anything for me, thanks for the preview! I've disconnected my digital cable box, so it might have to wait for a bit! I;ll see if someone can tape it for me.

I watched the first season, not sure if I watched to the end.

I liked it, but there were two (big) things I did not like:

I didn't like Brenda, period. I wouldn't have put up with her insane bullshit for more than two minutes were I Nate. She pissed me off. Psychiatrists for parents? Run away as fast and as far as you can!

I couldn't stand the brother's homosexuality. I'm sorry, I can't stand that shit. It's unnatural and disgusting and I don't want to watch it.

So basically that cut me off from two of the five main characters.

But still, I liked what I did watch, just because it dealt with death.

Zhukov said:
I watched the first season, not sure if I watched to the end.

I liked it, but there were two (big) things I did not like:

I didn't like Brenda, period. I wouldn't have put up with her insane bullshit for more than two minutes were I Nate. She pissed me off. Psychiatrists for parents? Run away as fast and as far as you can!

I couldn't stand the brother's homosexuality. I'm sorry, I can't stand that shit. It's unnatural and disgusting and I don't want to watch it.

So basically that cut me off from two of the five main characters.

But still, I liked what I did watch, just because it dealt with death.

I didn't like Brenda either, although the scene in the car with her mother outside the spa waiting for the "other" women to come out was classic. I liked Nate and David's mother's character the best (I forget her name) and you're right about the gay love scenes, they grossed me out too.

answer me this....was anyone on that show ever happy or satisfied with their life......i would rather watch homless people in the UN plaza

answer me this....was anyone on that show ever happy or satisfied with their life......

Sometimes they were, sometimes they weren't. Just like in real life. If nothing else, I would say that SFU was the most realistic show on the air as far as showing everyday people dealing with their everyday lives. Certainly, a lot of it was dark (it was called Six Feet Under, after all). I respect that a lot of people don't watch TV shows to be depressed or to have to deal with characters who do unlikable things, so I see your point. It's not for everyone.

I didn't like Brenda at first, either, but between the third and fourth season, she really got her stuff together and by the end she was likely the most well-balanced of any of the main characters.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I always liked Billy (Brenda's brother) a lot. Jeremy Sisto really managed to make someone who is, for all intents and purposes, insane, but without making him the stereotypical "crazy person" wandering around muttering to himself. I was disappointed things didn't go better for him in the end.

Yeah, it is awkward. I just kind of don't really pay attention to those particular scenes because I really am fond of David and Keith, i think they're both well-written, brilliantly-acted characters.

Overall, though, my favorite character was Claire, Lauren Ambrose is one of my favorite actresses and I think she did a good job with Claire. Like Nate, she often does things that infuriate the viewer but are true to her character, which I respect.

New Topics

Forum List

Back