Anyone here from Dixie land?

Born and raised in the heart of Dixie (AL). All that confederate bullshit belongs in dustbin of history. If it was ever anything other than an expression of hatred those days are long gone.

Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away, look away, look away Dixieland
For in Dixieland, I was born
Early Lord one frosty morning
Look away, look away, look away Dixieland
Glory, glory hallelujah
Glory, glory hallelujah
Glory, glory hallelujah
His truth is marching on
So hush little baby
Don't you cry
You know your daddy's bound to die
But all my trials Lord, will soon be over

What’s up! Love your culture! God bless!

Born south of the Mason-Dixon Line and lived there most of my life. Now I live in this God-forsaken frozen wasteland between Minnesota and Illinois. No idea how I ended up here.

Just kidding. Been here 13 years and loving it. Everything down south bites, scratches, or stings, and they only have one season. The first time I ever heard of Wisconsin was 15 years ago: There was a story on the news about some goobers up in Wisconsin, seeing how far out in the lake they could jump their snowmobiles into the water.

I figured it would be a great place to live, since they had rednecks up there too. There are more honky-tonk bars up here than I ever saw down south. Confederate flags and pickup trucks everywhere you look, and country music is very popular. People up here are alot like Texans, except they have cheese.

And better beer.

We are all Americans here. Just as today's radical Blacks see racism in just about everything it can be offensive to use the term "Dixie land". As you can see "Dixie" opens to door for posters who use cartoon characters to portray the South in a bigoted way.

What’s up! Love your culture! God bless!

Born south of the Mason-Dixon Line and lived there most of my life. Now I live in this God-forsaken frozen wasteland between Minnesota and Illinois. No idea how I ended up here.

Just kidding. Been here 13 years and loving it. Everything down south bites, scratches, or stings, and they only have one season. The first time I ever heard of Wisconsin was 15 years ago: There was a story on the news about some goobers up in Wisconsin, seeing how far out in the lake they could jump their snowmobiles into the water.

I figured it would be a great place to live, since they had rednecks up there too. There are more honky-tonk bars up here than I ever saw down south. Confederate flags and pickup trucks everywhere you look, and country music is very popular. People up here are alot like Texans, except they have cheese.

And better beer.

My first wife was from Vermont. Same rednecks. They just wear plaid jackets and hats with ear flaps. And everything is maple flavored.

Forum List

Back