Anyone going to washington DC to express yourself on the "Health Care" bill?

On Saturday I am

• Going to DC to express my support for this legislation

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Going to DC to express my support for the constitution and liberty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not going to DC and I have an excuse

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • not doing anything I really dont care either way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Just curious if anyone is going down to DC tommorrow to express either their support or lack of support for the proposed legislation they are calling "Health Care Reform" on saturday.

Who is going?

Where are you going to be?

I found a train leaving boston at 9pm tonight arriving in DC at 7am and am most likely going to make the journey to express my dissatisfaction with what I consider an abomination of law aimed at destroying our constitutional republic.

This "framework" for a new government they are trying to put in place, if it passes, will be a HUGE step towards ending liberty as we know it in america. Sure they have slowly been passing laws doing this since theodore roosevelt but this bill transfers so much power to the federal government I feel I must go and express my disdain for its implications.

So who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and going down to either speak out against the government trying to grab power and centralize it and who is going down to support what they believe to be "Health Care Reform"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrGrP8xBg0]YouTube - Jackson Browne - Running On Empty - Live BBC 1978[/ame]

I wish I could. I'm faxing, emailing, and telephoning all our New Mexico representatives and senators and have put our governor and those who will be campaigning for his job this year on notice. I expect our state representatives to do whatever it takes to challenge this fiasco in court and/or pass whatever legislation is necessary to protect the people of our states from the federal taxes, mandates, and interference.

Just curious if anyone is going down to DC tommorrow to express either their support or lack of support for the proposed legislation they are calling "Health Care Reform" on saturday.

Who is going?

I found a train leaving boston at 9pm tonight arriving in DC at 7am and am most likely going to make the journey to express my dissatisfaction with what I consider an abomination of law aimed at destroying our constitutional republic.

This "framework" for a new government they are trying to put in place, if it passes, will be a HUGE step towards ending liberty as we know it in america. Sure they have slowly been passing laws doing this since theodore roosevelt but this bill transfers so much power to the federal government I feel I must go and express my disdain for its implications.

So who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and going down to either speak out against the government trying to grab power and centralize it and who is going down to support what they believe to be "Health Care Reform"?

The tea partiers only had 300 people the other day but were claiming 3000. You should be able to find anyone you want to very easily..

:lol: I'm sorry Pilgrim, but take the power back from whom?

We both know the GOP is no different than the Dems, just a different brand of Big Government. I'd like to go down to Washington if it actually made a difference, but it wouldn't. Not for this legislation or for Liberty and Freedom.

Nor would I want to be associated with some of the people on both sides that will be down there.

I disagree with you that "liberty" will be ended if this passes. That's slight overreaching to say the least. That doesn't mean however that I'm 100% for this bill, or even for it in general.

Who is going?

Let us know if there are any signs comparing Obama to the Holocaust.

:lol: I'm sorry Pilgrim, but take the power back from whom?

We both know the GOP is no different than the Dems, just a different brand of Big Government. I'd like to go down to Washington if it actually made a difference, but it wouldn't. Not for this legislation or for Liberty and Freedom.

Nor would I want to be associated with some of the people on both sides that will be down there.

I disagree with you that "liberty" will be ended if this passes. That's slight overreaching to say the least. That doesn't mean however that I'm 100% for this bill, or even for it in general.

From the government that has been slowly stealing it over the last 100 years. You know those progressive republican and democrat politicians throughout the decades who have been increasing the size and role of a centralized federal government.

Mark my words. 10 years after it passes, if it passes, remember what you just said to me.

Who is going?

Let us know if there are any signs comparing Obama to the Holocaust.

This has nothing to do with obama. Don't be willfully ignorant of who i am please.

Who is going?

The tea partiers only had 300 people the other day but were claiming 3000. You should be able to find anyone you want to very easily..

If you're gonna claim attendance figures, you should link to it. Preferably some non-partisan source.... assuming you can tell the difference.

I can't make DC this weekend but I have been trying to reach my Representative. The assholes email server is down & phone is busy (likely off the hook). I fired off a couple of letters by snail-mail.

Forum List

Back