Anyone Getting Ready for 2023 Garden?

It is from the New Yorker, so FWIW;

What Is a Weed?​

The names we call plants say more about us than they do about the greenery that surrounds us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of "weeds";

More Than a Weed: 8 Health Benefits of Dandelions​

We start our tomatoes from seed, in cups, indoors and under grow lights. About late March. Put the @ 6" plants into the bales/ground about a month ago, once frost no longer to happen. They are doing fine so far. This is our usual drill for years.

3 of the 6 tomato plants I have I started from seed. 2 are Cherokee Purple, and 1 is Black Cherry tomatoes.

I got a late start, so I won't see fruit until mid-July. I'm so ready for a real tomato.

3 of the 6 tomato plants I have I started from seed. 2 are Cherokee Purple, and 1 is Black Cherry tomatoes.

I got a late start, so I won't see fruit until mid-July. I'm so ready for a real tomato.

I set out live plants about a month ago and have some ping pong ball size or smaller one on the vine already. Didn't even bother to check which variety they were when I spotted them while mowing. I know they weren't the yellows I grew from seed and that is all I really know. Also have some scrawny pinky sized banana peppers on those plants so summer is a coming.

Picked a quart of blackberries from around the place. Probably have a gallon or two that are still red waiting to be picked if I can beat the deer to them when they ripen.

Getting more cherry tomatoes than I know what to do with. Not the worst problem to have as a grower I suppose. Picked about a gallon today. Will have maybe 2 to 3 more by this weekend. I will start dumping them on co-workers and friends I guess.

Getting more cherry tomatoes than I know what to do with. Not the worst problem to have as a grower I suppose. Picked about a gallon today. Will have maybe 2 to 3 more by this weekend. I will start dumping them on co-workers and friends I guess.

My Dad told me, years ago, if you are going grow tomatoes, you need people you can give them to ro a place to put them when they rot.

My Dad told me, years ago, if you are going grow tomatoes, you need people you can give them to ro a place to put them when they rot.

That used to my rule about yellow squash but them came along those stupid squash bugs. I could get those by the buckets and now I am lucky to get 2 before the bugs swarm in and do their thing.

I am getting ready for the garden in 2023 with various plants and gardening plants

A bit late. We are already harvesting strawberries and peppers. Tomatoes are probably a month away.

Forum List

Back