Anyone ever been to El Paso?

Mr.Owl

Geaux Tigers!!!
Jul 7, 2011
Mandeville, Louisiana
So I was offered a job in El Paso recently, and I wanted to know how the area is. Are the peoe nice? Are the schools good? Are Bush and/or Perry liked by most of the population?

So I was offered a job in El Paso recently, and I wanted to know how the area is. Are the peoe nice? Are the schools good? Are Bush and/or Perry liked by most of the population?

I been several times visiting a friend. I stay at the Camino Real Hotel.... love the Tiffany ceiling. Great small airport.... The downtown area is shabby and more or less closes down at 3pm.

Its hot...and dusty! I could see mexico from the windows of my suite.

Other then that...i have no clue.

U should call it El Asshole, highest VD rate in US, lotsa murders, illegals and it is hot. Good source for cheap drugs and prostitutes.

I used to love old El Paso, then I discovered the Tortilla Factory in Herndon and Casa Chimyo in Manassas, they make their own sauses. :eusa_drool:

I was there last time in 1973. Don't imagine it's still the same.

I have heard it has a really low crime rate because El Paso cops don't take any crap.

There is not a lot to do if you are into big city life. Think of El Paso as the largest small town in the country and you will get a good idea what it is like. It is big enough to get movies when they come out, is home to one of the largest collection of Army bases in the country, is within walking distance of Mexico, but it is one of the poorest counties in the country, has no real tourist industry, and does not take advantage of the opportunities.

It is a solidly Democratic city and county, which means it gets the short end of the stick from the state, which is solidly Republican. The people are friendly, the neighborhoods are quiet, and the streets are safe.

U should call it El Asshole, highest VD rate in US, lotsa murders, illegals and it is hot. Good source for cheap drugs and prostitutes.

El Paso has a lower murder rate than most cities a lot smaller than it is. People like to talk like it is the wild west, but it really isn't, even though there are running gun battles in Juarez.

I do agree it is hot, but it is really easy to cool your house if you are smart about how you do it.

There is not a lot to do if you are into big city life. Think of El Paso as the largest small town in the country and you will get a good idea what it is like. It is big enough to get movies when they come out, is home to one of the largest collection of Army bases in the country, is within walking distance of Mexico, but it is one of the poorest counties in the country, has no real tourist industry, and does not take advantage of the opportunities.

It is a solidly Democratic city and county, which means it gets the short end of the stick from the state, which is solidly Republican. The people are friendly, the neighborhoods are quiet, and the streets are safe.

El Paso has a lower murder rate than most cities a lot smaller than it is. People like to talk like it is the wild west, but it really isn't, even though there are running gun battles in Juarez.

I do agree it is hot, but it is really easy to cool your house if you are smart about how you do it.

Hot is not the word for it. :lol:

It's a dry heat.

:eusa_whistle:

It's a dry heat.

:eusa_whistle:

Is that what you call it? Then ill blame the sunburn on you. :lol:

Well I enjoy living in a small to mid size town. The heat can't be as bad as it is here, because humidity adds about 10-20 degrees. So thanks for all the help.

Driven through there a few times. Couldn't get out of town fast enough. I wouldn't want to live there.

Well I enjoy living in a small to mid size town. The heat can't be as bad as it is here, because humidity adds about 10-20 degrees. So thanks for all the help.

Have you ever been there? You may want to take a weekend trip there to see what you are getting to.

Forum List

Back