CDZ Anyone else sick of worshiping the rich?

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
The rich in this country have some screwed up cult of personalities surrounding them. Everyone seems to have a billionaire idol, and we seem to be short a few working class heroes.

Honestly, I am sick of all the class mobility fantasies in this country. The greed is ever ascending, and you guys will always be envious of what others have.

Consistently studies have shown that those living in the third world are happier than those living in the first world. Nobody has respect for their position anymore. God forbid a poor man live a happy and content life!

The rich in this country have some screwed up cult of personalities surrounding them. Everyone seems to have a billionaire idol, and we seem to be short a few working class heroes.

Honestly, I am sick of all the class mobility fantasies in this country. The greed is ever ascending, and you guys will always be envious of what others have.

Consistently studies have shown that those living in the third world are happier than those living in the first world. Nobody has respect for their position anymore. God forbid a poor man live a happy and content life!

Well...... I was not aware that anyone "worshiped" the rich.

Are there personality cults? Sure. It's human nature in fact.

But do we worship the rich? I don't know about that. Do you know Jeff Bezos, Carlos Slim, Ingvar Kamprad? Top 5 richest people in the world. How do you not know them? I'd be surprised if many knew Larry Ellison.

Working class heroes? I guess that depends on what you mean by working class hero, doesn't it?

If you mean someone, doing a 9 to 5 job at the factory till they die.... well of course that's not something anyone wants to be. Why would they be a hero to anyone?

The guy who works the 9 to 5 job at the factory until they save up money and opens their own store, or starts their own business, and becomes wealthy.... yeah that's a hero. Of course that would make them rich. And you don't want that hero.

I know people right now, they worked their whole lives at a job they hated, and never attempt to advance, never tried to go for a better life, and there is nothing 'heroic' about it. Why would any make a hero out of the cranky old mechanic at the dealership that is bitter he never did anything with his life? (and I'm speaking from meeting this mechanic).

A hero is someone that rises above where they are, and succeeds. Of course if they do that, they are rich, and not the "working class" anymore. Phil Robertson was a drunk who whittled duck callers, working a dead end job at a bar. Now he's CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation.

And the truth is, most of the people who are wealthy, started with nothing. 80% of millionaires are first generation rich.

Not like a deity, but the praise rhetoric seems endless.

Society seems to cite what Bill Gates does more than what Jesus did.

False. Cults of personalities are invented abstractions not governed by nature.

If you mean someone, doing a 9 to 5 job at the factory till they die.... well of course that's not something anyone wants to be. Why would they be a hero to anyone?

The guy who works the 9 to 5 job at the factory until they save up money and opens their own store, or starts their own business, and becomes wealthy.... yeah that's a hero. Of course that would make them rich. And you don't want that hero.

Heroism is not dictated by someones ability to climb the economic ladder.

Are you implying that you never had a hero who was not financially successful? I sure have.

I know people right now, they worked their whole lives at a job they hated, and never attempt to advance, never tried to go for a better life, and there is nothing 'heroic' about it. Why would any make a hero out of the cranky old mechanic at the dealership that is bitter he never did anything with his life? (and I'm speaking from meeting this mechanic).

Happiness is a mindset. Those people only have themselves to blame for their grief. Not their job or anything else.

A hero is someone that rises above where they are, and succeeds. Of course if they do that, they are rich, and not the "working class" anymore. Phil Robertson was a drunk who whittled duck callers, working a dead end job at a bar. Now he's CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation.

You see, now that's bullshit.

There are different avenues of success outside making money. If success is defined by how good of a slave you are to the money, then I'd say you are going to die with a very unsuccessful and pitiful existence.

And the truth is, most of the people who are wealthy, started with nothing.

Right, that's because the rapid technological and industrial advances of modern Western economies provided for a lot of opportunities. As the country becomes locked down in a cruel stabilizing force, you can expect limited class mobility and a lot more corporate dynasties in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The problem with society is not so much the worship of 'successful' people, it is the worship of money.
That fact is painfully obvious in the replies to your post.
The tragedy in this dollar-cult is that it is world-wide, and it's destroying the planet.
I'm poor as a church-mouse (<$20k/annum), but very satisfied with living small, and helping those close to me, and others (the real heroes), who are trying to save the planet from the rapacious greed of the corporate world.
My only regret is that I can't contribute more to the likes of Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd, and AVAAZ.

only rich people not worth respect are the idiots that get other idiots to make them rich by being pretty or those born to it.

however those born to it can earn respect by doing the right things and not being brats.

'worship' is reserved for twats like the kardashians and kanye

Not like a deity, but the praise rhetoric seems endless.

Society seems to cite what Bill Gates does more than what Jesus did.

Are you implying that you never had a hero who was not financially successful? I sure have.

Happiness is a mindset. Those people only have themselves to blame for their grief. Not their job or anything else.

You see, now that's bullshit.

There are different avenues of success outside making money. If success is defined by how good of a slave you are to the money, then I'd say you are going to die with a very unsuccessful and pitiful existence.

And the truth is, most of the people who are wealthy, started with nothing.

Right, that's because the rapid technological and industrial advances of modern Western economies provided for a lot of opportunities. As the country becomes locked down in a cruel stabilizing force, you can expect limited class mobility and a lot more corporate dynasties in the foreseeable future.

Well that doesn't suprise me. Most people don't believe in Jesus, even the self-proclaimed "christians". So the fact they would talk about Bill Gates more than Jesus, when they don't follow or believe in Jesus, shouldn't be surprising.

More than that, even though I am a follower of Jesus, that doesn't mean I moronically bring Jesus up in every thread. If we're talking about "what have the rich done for us!"... I'm not going to randomly start quoting scripture, and talking about Jesus.

People would ignore me, and I wouldn't blame them. People who do that, are kind of wacky.

Well.... Opinion either way. I just look around the world, and in every culture, every society, from the most advanced, to the tribes people, they all look up to someone, whether it is the tribe cheftan, or some bimbo in Hollywood, or some mute monk on a poll in India, or some sports star, or some wacked out, one-glove-wearing skinny guy squealing like a girl, spinning in circles singing too high a pitch for anyone to understand.

Or some nut saying "Hope and Change!" over and over, or a business leader saying "We're going to make America great again".

And if I said "slave to money" anywhere, then I would agree with you.

I never said that. And quite frankly, my parents are millionaires, and you couldn't meet a more happy couple in your life.

Perhaps. For example, people of faith who worked in China while Christianity was still illegal. They were not super fiscally successful, but that's a greater cause.

Beyond that... no.

What's your example? Who was impoverished and poor, but you think they are an example you wish to follow?

Now I would agree! But that's part of the point. People who are happy in their work, tend to move up the economic ladder.

See the irony of that prior story, about the grumpy angry bitter mechanic who worked his whole life for seemingly nothing.... Just two stalls down from him was another man, a happy man who loved his work. He saved up money, and built his own garage, purchased land, built a house.

He's likely a millionaire by now. He easily made as much money from his home job, as he did from his regular job. Between his property, his assets, his investments, and his savings... oh yeah, he surely is a millionaire by now, possibly multi-millionaire given how many acres of land he owns now.

Do you see my point? This working class guy, is now the rich. People that are happy, generally move up the economic ladder. He's no longer the "average joe working class" guy that the other bitter angry, never getting anywhere, little man can't get ahead, guy is.

And that's my point. He's a hero.... because he succeeded. Just like my parents.

So, just at the start of this month, I got a roommate.

His name is Shaz. He's from Bangladesh. He is 24 years old. He came to the US 5 years ago. Learned English. He then learned programming.

The last two years, he pulled down $70,000 a year. What did he do with the money?

He drives a 98 Mini-van. He's renting a room in my house for $300 a month. He's earning $70K, but spends nothing. The only time he eats out, it's Sub-way or Chipotle.

Last year he flew back to India, and bought a house there. He wanted it so when he visits family, he wouldn't have to spend money. Plus he rents it out when he's not there.

This year, he flew back, and spent money on a wedding and got married.

Either next year, or the year after, he plans to buy a home in the US, likely here in Columbus Ohio.

All with cash. No loans. No mortgages.

How? He spends nothing.

He just got a new job. In the first money they promoted him. This month, they told him they would pay for his training at Microsoft. They are going to pay, full ride, an education course at Microsoft, that if you paid for it yourself would be $6,000 to $10,000.

Now let me explain why.... here's his work ethic. He works all day at the office. Then when he comes home, he'll work through remote access from home for another 4 to 5 hours. On the weekends, he's reading and learning through any free online courses he can take.

When he's sick... I've found him hunched over his laptop, still punching in code, with a blank and hot tea.

This man is one of the hardest workers I've met. The only other one, is my current boss at my job, who puts in 12 hour shifts.... routinely.

When you tell me that our country is being locked down and there is no social mobility, I keep running into people, seemingly every other week, who simply work hard, and somehow that magic lock-down and broken social mobility doesn't seem to effect them.

And these are the supposedly most disadvantaged people. People who don't have fundamentals like knowing English. They simply choose to learn what they need. No education. They simply work, earn the money, and buy the education they need.

The people who make the effort to succeed, seem to do it. The people who sacrifice, make the big returns.

He could have bought new cars, and stayed in fancy apartments. Instead he's in a tiny rented room for $300 a month.... yet he makes $70k a year?

But he wants to win. He want to invest the money into things that benefit his future, instead of consuming it all today. Then Americans complain about how social mobility has gone down? No. American stupidity has gone up. That's why some hate immigrants that come here and prove so many wrong by succeeding while your telling everyone they can't.

...... I am sick of all the class mobility fantasies in this country. ...
CDZ.jpg
Seems to me that the Evangelists are the worst.

Last edited:
The problem with society is not so much the worship of 'successful' people, it is the worship of money.
The tragedy in this dollar-cult is that it is world-wide, and it's destroying the planet.
I'm poor as a church-mouse (<$20k/annum), but very satisfied with living small, and helping those close to me, and others (the real heroes), who are trying to save the planet from the rapacious greed of the corporate world.
My only regret is that I can't contribute more to the likes of Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd, and AVAAZ.

Actually I think that some of the most greedy, are the poorest people. While some church goers are honestly good people, and G-d has given them exactly what they need.... I think other 'church people' G-d keeps poor because they are greedy, constantly bothered by what other people have, and how much they make.

G-d will never reward those with envy in their hearts, with more money. It won't happen.

The most I myself have ever earned in a single year, was about $23,000. But I never worry about how much others are making, nor do I complain about 'greed'. Why? I'm not greedy.

What difference does it make to me how much Walmart makes? Or how much the Walton family has? That's up to G-d. Not me.

And as to what money I should contribute? Why would I waste G-d's money on Green Peace? Why not some other charities that actually help people? You really think G-d is happy when some Green Peace boat burns thousands of gallons of oil, to find a sub-marine, so it can delay a missile launch for a day? As opposed to say, helping a battered woman escape a crazy boyfriend? Please. Priorities.

We can make an exception for Andylusion

He was born with a silver spoon.

It isn't about money. It has always been about power.

While power has always been for sale to the highest bidder, only in the modern age has there been such a high number that can afford it.

I am moving in less than a month. I am going to get in touch with some anarchist organizations and do some overseas volunteer work.

I was not denied any luxury growing up, but I never really felt like I needed much to be happy. Maybe it's because I am an emotional sort of person, and there is nothing significant about gadgets, drugs, and cars.

I really do not understand people like Andylusion whose sole drive in life is making money. It seems so devoid and emotionally bankrupt.

I guess we all need something to cling on.

Many people have this fantasy about chilling with God up in heaven, because they have no other purpose on earth. It helps them escape their overwhelming unhappiness and makes them complacent. Or as Mikhail Banukin puts it.....

quote-people-go-to-church-for-the-same-reasons-they-go-to-a-tavern-to-stupefy-themselves-to-forget-mikhail-bakunin-10586.jpg

Yes. I'm happy just to be who I am, Trump is no different to anyone else, I tried to idolize people when I was a kid and just couldn't.

But then I guess the biggest problem here is hope. Obama ran on a message of hope and people actually believed they'd get some hope from it, and Trump tried to do the same but has failed miserably. People have these lives that are actually good, but people don't feel it, because they put money above all else, and think money will make them happy.

We can make an exception for Andylusion

He was born with a silver spoon.

It isn't about money. It has always been about power.

While power has always been for sale to the highest bidder, only in the modern age has there been such a high number that can afford it.

I am moving in less than a month. I am going to get in touch with some anarchist organizations and do some overseas volunteer work.

I was not denied any luxury growing up, but I never really felt like I needed much to be happy. Maybe it's because I am an emotional sort of person, and there is nothing significant about gadgets, drugs, and cars.

I really do not understand people like Andylusion whose sole drive in life is making money. It seems so devoid and emotionally bankrupt.

Yeah, of course. Given I have $600 in the bank. Make $23K a year. And drive a 03 Grand Marquis with no A/C and door handle that is broken, at over 140K miles on it. Clearly I'm living the high life. My walmart $5 shirt, and plastic dinner plates, are a perfect match to that silver spoon.

Moron. :blahblah: You people.....

Good grief. Don't flatter yourself. Emotionalism is for idiots. You ever meet a complete train wreck, it's an emotional person.

Not sure what good Anarchist organizations do. How about you build a well for clean drinking water Africa, which I have done. Try that, then get back to me.

Of course to do that you would have to have an organization...... which if it's anarchist........ Idiots. Can't even create a group that isn't contradictory in its own existence.

lol...... these people.... wow.....

Yes. I'm happy just to be who I am, Trump is no different to anyone else, I tried to idolize people when I was a kid and just couldn't.

But then I guess the biggest problem here is hope. Obama ran on a message of hope and people actually believed they'd get some hope from it, and Trump tried to do the same but has failed miserably.

The ruling class loves to make promises, but they are at fault by nature.. My heart has always been with those getting shit done at the bottom, especially my friends in the anarchist community, which has a proud history of getting its hands dirty.

Politics are the biggest excuse for why we cannot fix our own communities. They are also the biggest reason why our communities are fucked up to begin with.

People have these lives that are actually good, but people don't feel it, because they put money above all else, and think money will make them happy.

They believe that if they only had more money, things would be better for them.

The government, corporations, and the media all condition this into the minds of society. It is a sham of course.

I guess we all need something to cling on.

Many people have this fantasy about chilling with God up in heaven, because they have no other purpose on earth. It helps them escape their overwhelming unhappiness and makes them complacent. Or as Mikhail Banukin puts it.....

quote-people-go-to-church-for-the-same-reasons-they-go-to-a-tavern-to-stupefy-themselves-to-forget-mikhail-bakunin-10586.jpg

lol.... which explains why people who go to Church are generally happy, and those who don't are generally miserable.

Yeah, of course. Given I have $600 in the bank. Make $23K a year. And drive a 03 Grand Marquis with no A/C and door handle that is broken, at over 140K miles on it. Clearly I'm living the high life. My walmart $5 shirt, and plastic dinner plates, are a perfect match to that silver spoon.

Moron. :blahblah: You people.....

Good grief. Don't flatter yourself. Emotionalism is for idiots. You ever meet a complete train wreck, it's an emotional person.

Not sure what good Anarchist organizations do. How about you build a well for clean drinking water Africa, which I have done. Try that, then get back to me.

Of course to do that you would have to have an organization...... which if it's anarchist........ Idiots. Can't even create a group that isn't contradictory in its own existence.

lol...... these people.... wow.....

Right, you seem eager to prove yourself. Learn humility, or forever be a slave to public opinion.

The fact that you are poor makes your obsession with making money even more understandable.

But then I guess the biggest problem here is hope. Obama ran on a message of hope and people actually believed they'd get some hope from it, and Trump tried to do the same but has failed miserably.

The ruling class loves to make promises, but they are at fault by nature.. My heart has always been with those getting shit done at the bottom, especially my friends in the anarchist community, which has a proud history of getting its hands dirty.

Politics are the biggest excuse for why we cannot fix our own communities. They are also the biggest reason why our communities are fucked up to begin with.

People have these lives that are actually good, but people don't feel it, because they put money above all else, and think money will make them happy.

The government, corporations, and the media all condition this into the minds of society. It is a sham of course.

What has anyone in the "anarchist community" done that was worth anything?

Give your two best examples.

lol.... which explains why people who go to Church are generally happy, and those who don't are generally miserable.

No, most "Christians" tend to be miserable and empty people.

The same is true for those that are not Christians, but generally they have gotten past the stage of denial.

Politics needs to change, it needs to be more mobile, needs to allow for many different views. Right now it doesn't allow for much in the shape of views, what are Trump's views? "she has nice tits" and "I'll grab her pussy", since when has that been politics?

Proportional Representation is the way forwards, it's democracy, people need to get out and demand it.

What has anyone in the "anarchist community" done that was worth anything?

Give your two best examples.

I'll give you a list of common activist activities in the anarchist community

- Educates society on DIY skills and self liberation philosophy

- Creating cooperatives and RRF markets for communities

- Forming factories ran by workers

- Establishing mutual credit banks

- Fights against racism and for LGBT rights

- Bringing awareness on animal abuse and enviornmental degradation

- Running campaigns against politicians and exposing government corruption

- Revitalizing neighborhoods with mutually contributed funds

- Forming independent self governing councils to resolve community issues peacefully and without institutionalized force

Ect. The list goes on and on. It is the most active direct action community that has ever existed.

Politics needs to change, it needs to be more mobile, needs to allow for many different views. Right now it doesn't allow for much in the shape of views, what are Trump's views? "she has nice tits" and "I'll grab her pussy", since when has that been politics?

Proportional Representation is the way forwards, it's democracy, people need to get out and demand it.

Those that believe they can fix the system are delusional.

They will never come to terms with the simple reality that if a political system exists, it exists to be exploited. There has yet to be one state in human history that has not worked primarily for the ruling class or other assorted elites.

If you have direct democracy, IE, Majoritarianism, you are only going to increase the role of the corporate media and government schooling in influencing policy. That is if the ruling class would ever allow that kind of political system to exist in the first place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back