Anyone else sensing there may be hackers among us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. Me too.. But I've identified the problem and it's just that Comcast is technically inept and BARELY functional... That's besides having the worst customer service EVER. Have to pull the POWER to the cable modem or set top box about twice a week to get it to recover...

In electronics engineering -- that's an ADMISSION of basic design flaws...
I get America Online deja vu every time a picture takes longer than a few seconds
to upload. Like the dial-up days when you had to wait 20 minutes to watch
a 4-minute video.

It's fast to download when it WORKS... But I refuse to even DEAL with customer service anymore.. Took me THREE MONTHS to get an appointment with a phone issues that cut off the phone on LONG calls.. Yelled and screamed at about 8 diff people.. Finally tech comes out and replaces the modem and FINDS "a single strand of wire" in a connector the LAST tech put on that was intermittently shorting out the whole INPUT to the house... Then he screwed up stuff tying in all 8 feeds into the house and took me another MONTH to convince the minions of morons that it was THEIR issue...
I find that Comcast service in mid sized to large cities typically is very good and yes, dealing with customer service can be a major pain in the ass. The service in smaller towns and small cities tends to be iffy at best. Then there's their aging coaxial infrastructure which it appears they keep patching as opposed to upgrading, guess the stockholders are more interested in immediate returns and not long term investment. Fiber optic is currently the gold standard of residential internet, if Comcast wants to stay on top they need to seriously start replacing their coaxial with fiber optic before someone else does it and leaves them in the dust which wouldn't cause me to loose any sleep.
There's benefits to coax..like it doesn't fail if the power goes out.
You need to be called out for the racist fuck you are. If you aren't a racist fuck, then remove the Confederate flag from your posts. Shitflake.
Please tovaritch, don't call KGB on him.......... :rofl:
What is wrong with you? Seriously, what's wrong with you? Can't you see what's right in front of you?
Yeah I can. Joe? Joe McCarthy? Is that you?
To invoke the name of Joe McCarthy in this context is insane. I'll ask again: What's wrong with you? Can't you see what's right in front of you?
Yeah I can, the problem is you can't. You ONLY see what you've been programmed to see and that's pathetic. What's even more pathetic is you attempting to stifle free speech simply because it "offends" you and some others hence my reference to McCarthy......... If something offends you then the problem is with you, get professional help.
How am I "attempting to stifle free speech"? I simply disagree with you. Nowadays, apparently disagreeing with someone constitutes stifling their free speech. Say whatever you want! And by the way, I didn't say that I was offended. I simply asked "What's wrong with you?" Which you didn't answer.
You told him to remove the flag, that by definition is a demand. Apparently like most on this forum you didn't do well in English Comp............
What's wrong with me? Just making fun of your stupidity, your clueless stereotyping, your complete ignorance. Your low EQ.
Truthfully it's probably not his fault. I think he's a victim of the indoctrination. It's scary.

Yeah.. Me too.. But I've identified the problem and it's just that Comcast is technically inept and BARELY functional... That's besides having the worst customer service EVER. Have to pull the POWER to the cable modem or set top box about twice a week to get it to recover...

I get America Online deja vu every time a picture takes longer than a few seconds
a 4-minute video.

It's fast to download when it WORKS... But I refuse to even DEAL with customer service anymore.. Took me THREE MONTHS to get an appointment with a phone issues that cut off the phone on LONG calls.. Yelled and screamed at about 8 diff people.. Finally tech comes out and replaces the modem and FINDS "a single strand of wire" in a connector the LAST tech put on that was intermittently shorting out the whole INPUT to the house... Then he screwed up stuff tying in all 8 feeds into the house and took me another MONTH to convince the minions of morons that it was THEIR issue...
I find that Comcast service in mid sized to large cities typically is very good and yes, dealing with customer service can be a major pain in the ass. The service in smaller towns and small cities tends to be iffy at best. Then there's their aging coaxial infrastructure which it appears they keep patching as opposed to upgrading, guess the stockholders are more interested in immediate returns and not long term investment. Fiber optic is currently the gold standard of residential internet, if Comcast wants to stay on top they need to seriously start replacing their coaxial with fiber optic before someone else does it and leaves them in the dust which wouldn't cause me to loose any sleep.
You need to be called out for the racist fuck you are. If you aren't a racist fuck, then remove the Confederate flag from your posts. Shitflake.
What is wrong with you? Seriously, what's wrong with you? Can't you see what's right in front of you?
To invoke the name of Joe McCarthy in this context is insane. I'll ask again: What's wrong with you? Can't you see what's right in front of you?
Yeah I can, the problem is you can't. You ONLY see what you've been programmed to see and that's pathetic. What's even more pathetic is you attempting to stifle free speech simply because it "offends" you and some others hence my reference to McCarthy......... If something offends you then the problem is with you, get professional help.
How am I "attempting to stifle free speech"? I simply disagree with you. Nowadays, apparently disagreeing with someone constitutes stifling their free speech. Say whatever you want! And by the way, I didn't say that I was offended. I simply asked "What's wrong with you?" Which you didn't answer.
You told him to remove the flag, that by definition is a demand. Apparently like most on this forum you didn't do well in English Comp............
What's wrong with me? Just making fun of your stupidity, your clueless stereotyping, your complete ignorance. Your low EQ.
Truthfully it's probably not his fault. I think he's a victim of the indoctrination. It's scary.
Most likely. Probably never matured past Junior High.......... Of course that's true with most people in the world.

a 4-minute video.

I didn't "tell" him to remove the Confederate flag -- I said that if he isn't a racist fuck, THEN he ought to remove it. If he IS a racist fuck, then by all means, he should keep it. Because then everyone who sees his posts will know that he's a racist fuck. And why are you defending him?
Pretty much the same thing, stereotyped declaration, demand to conform or be stereotyped........
I've been here a lot longer than you have and have known him a lot longer than you have. He's not a racist despite your clueless and ignorant accusations. He confronts the racists on this board and right now because of your ignorance you're being one of the racists........ Here's a hint, grow up, start thinking for yourself and stop sticking both your feet in your mouth and chewing vigorously.......... Until then, dasvidaniya tovaritch!!

a 4-minute video.

Telling me what I can and can't do. Fuck You! :fu:Right there, buddy!
Hey, fuck you, too. Sorry I don't have a stupid animated emoji for you...
I have one for you!
We have virtue-signal scramblers installed here. So that's not gunn' do it. :)
View attachment 347381
I actually prefer to deal in ideas. You can keep your silly emojis and memes.
You deal in ideology not ideas, try again.

Most likely. Probably never matured past Junior High.......... Of course that's true with most people in the world.
Some have better excuses than others.
Someone raised in a New Guinea headhunter tribe could
become a doctor or a lawyer, while a guy like Ben Carson may have ended up a homeless alcoholic on skid row with no teeth collecting cans on a bicycle.
Or he may have been more creative than that.
1591604244853.png

Some have better excuses than others.
Someone raised in a New Guinea headhunter tribe could
become a doctor or a lawyer, while a guy like Ben Carson may have ended up a homeless alcoholic on skid row with no teeth collecting cans on a bicycle.
Or he may have been more creative than that.
View attachment 347383
The problem is the kid has his head up his ass. In reality he's no better than those he condemns because like them he uses a generalized, stereotypical metric to make judgements. Hell, I think all of us were probably that stupid, ideologues when we were young, the problem is many never grow out of it.......

Has anyone else's computer crashed while logged into USMB ?
In the past month or so, it's happened to me about half a dozen times....the site will freeze up suddenly and then my screen will say "No Internet", and I have to bail and restart it.

I think it's those rogue FBI scoundrels like Stzrok and McCabe doing it.

Or am I just being

I get the 'no Internet connection' thing once in a while on here. I've wondered about that myself but just haven't taken the time to poke around at the packets and whatnot.

I believe I have things set to up kill the connection in certain circumstances, though, and I don't remember off the top of my head what specifically.

I'd rather the connection be killed than to leave it open in those circumstances.

Last edited:

a 4-minute video.

I didn't "tell" him to remove the Confederate flag -- I said that if he isn't a racist fuck, THEN he ought to remove it. If he IS a racist fuck, then by all means, he should keep it. Because then everyone who sees his posts will know that he's a racist fuck. And why are you defending him?
Pretty much the same thing, stereotyped declaration, demand to conform or be stereotyped........
I've been here a lot longer than you have and have known him a lot longer than you have. He's not a racist despite your clueless and ignorant accusations. He confronts the racists on this board and right now because of your ignorance you're being one of the racists........ Here's a hint, grow up, start thinking for yourself and stop sticking both your feet in your mouth and chewing vigorously.......... Until then, dasvidaniya tovaritch!!
The Confederate flag is a racist symbol. Period.
Only in the minds of ignorant, inflexible ideologues......
Okay, we've hijacked this thread long enough. Time to get back on track........ Though it was fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back