Anyone else make a goal of reading the Bible clear thru this year...

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Im half way thru Deuteronomy.

Leviticus was tough at times. Numbers had some interesting stories, like the talking donkey.

I've been taking my time with Deuteronomy because it's such a beautiful book to read.

You should do more than just read through it. Take the time and research what you read so you better understand what you have just read. Quickest way I know to turn a religious nut into an atheist.

Currently Jehovah's Witnesses have Genesis as our assigned reading - we are up to chapter 25 now.

But we also study the Bible by subject.

I love researching Bible questions if anyone here has one (or 10, etc.).

Im half way thru Deuteronomy.

Leviticus was tough at times. Numbers had some interesting stories, like the talking donkey.

I've been taking my time with Deuteronomy because it's such a beautiful book to read.

The greatest commandment in the Bible, according to Jesus, is at Deuteronomy 6:4,5 quoted accurately by Jesus at Matthew 22:37-40; Mark 12:29,30.

Sadly, many Bible translations and copies removed the Divine Name from this commandment and some even think Jesus did not used God's name.

The greatest commandment is to love Jehovah with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. The second greatest commandment is in Leviticus 19:18 - to love our neighbor as ourselves.

Forum List

Back