Anyone doing Paleo diet/lifestyle

never tried it......looked into eating by blood type.....supposedly a blood types are the only blood types that can be vegans.....i was willing to try it till i found it said 'no pistachios' that was just crazy talk

Is the paleo diet low carb or vegetarian?

I'm pro healthy foods and work outs but extreme diets aren't for me.

I've been doing Primal since May 9th and I've lost 35lbs of fat and 7 inches off my waist. My buddy at work is doing it too and has lost 45lbs so far.
Primal is that ALL MEAT diet right?
No, the primal food pyramid has fruits and vegetables on the bottom with fish, chicken and beef the next level up. Followed by nuts not to include peanuts and healthy oils and such at the top.

Notice what's missing?

Primal_Blueprint_Food_Pyramid.jpg

There's no wheat, corn, rice, oats, or dairy. Mark Sissons' book "The Primal Blueprint" explains that wheat is inflammatory to your system, causes an insulin spike similar to sugar and isn't needed.

You don't believe that? Well then don't eat bread, grain or diairy for a week and see what happens. You'll be amazed.

But all that meat will clog your arteries! Ewww!
Actually, the book explains that colesterol isn't what causes heart disease but I don't have enough space to explain here and I know most of you don't believe that.

It just so happens that I have a full physical scheduled for next month so I will post the results here at USMB. I'm most interested in the blood work but I know the Doctor is gonna' shit himself when he sees I've lost 45lbs since my last exam! :lol:

Meanwhile, here's a good website to check out if you wanna' know more about the Primal Lifestyle, They have a good and active forum as well:
Mark's Daily Apple

I usually follow about an 80% primal (paleo) diet.

There are times I just want some pancakes or a sandwich

Exercise is really more important than the type of diet you follow as long as you're not eating all that processed shit that is.

Exercise is really more important than the type of diet you follow as long as you're not eating all that processed shit that is.
I did P90X, followed their meal plan, lost 10 lbs and when I stopped for a week I put it ALL back on.

Primal is great in that Mark Sisson (who wrote the book) says that it's 80% diet, 20% exercise. Why is that?:

"Because you can't exercise away a bad diet".

Anyone ever stop to consider the average lifespan of a caveman?

I did P90X, followed their meal plan, lost 10 lbs and when I stopped for a week I put it ALL back on.

Primal is great in that Mark Sisson (who wrote the book) says that it's 80% diet, 20% exercise. Why is that?:

"Because you can't exercise away a bad diet".

define bad.

A diet that is not 100% paleo is not necessarily bad.

I tend to like how I feel on a high protein low to moderate fat diet and I keep an eye on carbs but I will have some bread or pancakes on occasion (I make all my stuff from scratch though and buy nothing that's prepared).

Sorry but I'm not going to gorge on bacon like the hard core paleo people do.

So, if cavemen had antibiotics they would have lived to 70-80?
The issue of longevity is adressed in the book. Infant mortality rates were greater back then so average lifespan was less. If you only count those that made it to their teen years, caveman life expectancy was similar to ours.

The book also claims that we, as homsapiens, were taller before we adopted the wheat and bread diet.

So, if cavemen had antibiotics they would have lived to 70-80?

Quite possibly.

Look at lifestyle not longevity.

You go out and hunt big animals with pointy sticks and see how often you get injured. A simple cut in the wild can turn septic and kill you.

I'll try to find the source but I read that there is evidence in the archeological record that diseases caused by vitamin deficiency actually increased after the agricultural revolution.

You people are just following another fad. They come and go.

And what do you call the government sponsored food pyramid?

If that's not a fad then what is?

How is eating the way humans ate for millions of years a fad?

You sheep will be eating 10 grapefruits a day or something in a few months. It never ends...

You sheep will be eating 10 grapefruits a day or something in a few months. It never ends...

sheep follow the government recommended food pyramid.

Answer the question I asked earlier.

How is eating a diet similar to the diet humans ate for most of the time humans have existed a fad?

We switched to a grain based diet only 10 000 years ago but were hunter gatherers for millions of years. Seems to me that grain based diets are the fad historically speaking.

There is no doubt, in a few months someone will come up with another 'cool' sounding name (and that's all you need) and the likes of you will convert like members of some cult. You'll buy the book, the DVD, the T-shirt, etc. and make someone one temporarily wealthy. Baaaaaaa!!!!

Forum List

Back