Anyone attacked by anything?

Greg Bernhardt

www.physics*****s.com
Dec 8, 2006
I just head about the 70yr old getting attacked by a mountain lion. Anyone been attacked or confronted by anything while camping or huntings? Once in the boundry waters my car was examined by a moose!! Those things are huge!

I just head about the 70yr old getting attacked by a mountain lion. Anyone been attacked or confronted by anything while camping or huntings? Once in the boundry waters my car was examined by a moose!! Those things are huge!

I was walking to school and a squirrel wouldn't let me pass. The damn thing was HUGE! Nasty, sharp teeth too!

I was walking to school and a squirrel wouldn't let me pass. The damn thing was HUGE! Nasty, sharp teeth too!

No joke, my aunt works for the humaine society and she says squirrels are the meanist little animals ever!

No joke, my aunt works for the humaine society and she says squirrels are the meanist little animals ever!

She's right! The 'boy' across the street was an environmental wacko in the 60's, he eventually earned a Phd in forestry something or other. He loved nature. He was 'friends' with all the squirrels, rabbits, foxes, ect. He got bit by one of his friends the squirrels. It took 2 of the rabies series, before they caught 'the squirrel', which he could identify! LOL Still and all, 2 painful shots.

I didn't cross the 'mean squirrel, I walked around the block. :sad:

I got attacked by a feral cat in my back yard one time. Had to get a rabies shot at the wound site and on my ass.

But I have seen and not been attacked by the following, all within NC:

□ A bear (150# size, treed by my dog, about 30' from my cabin, Avery County);
□ a cougar (northern Wilkes County, crossed the road about 200 yds from my truck);
□ a bobcat (crossing a field on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Wataugua County);
□ an eastern rattlesnake (next to hiking trail in Stokes County);
□ a black snake (fell from a tree limb into my canoe);
□ a wolf (hit by a car, Rte 421, Watauga County);
□ brown recluse spider (my basement, Forsyth County);
□ flying squirrel (one of the coolest things ever, in my backyard)
□ black widow spider (my old work, Winston-Salem).

We had coyotes and coy-dogs as common as cats in New York. Also red fox and black squirrel.

My old boss got bit by a brown recluse once and could not fully use his arm for 6 weeks. They are more poisonous than black widows.

I stepped on a coiled up rattlesnake when I was about 10 or so... I'm not exactly sure because memory clouds the mind, but I'm pretty sure I pissed myself.

I've also had a few instances of snakes trying to coil up under my sleeping bag at evening time.

I once woke up to find the grassy area around where I'd set up my tent had been dug up by wild pigs... I fear them more than bears.

But no... I've never been actually attacked, thank God.

I stepped on a coiled up rattlesnake when I was about 10 or so... I'm not exactly sure because memory clouds the mind, but I'm pretty sure I pissed myself.

I've also had a few instances of snakes trying to coil up under my sleeping bag at evening time.

I once woke up to find the grassy area around where I'd set up my tent had been dug up by wild pigs... I fear them more than bears.

But no... I've never been actually attacked, thank God.

I would recommend finding a place with fewer snakes! :shock:

Snakes are plentiful around here... I routinely catch a couple of young copperheads in the yard every spring. Luckily, most snakes here in the South are pretty harmless or even beneficial (like our ratsnakes.)

That snake I stepped on is the one & only rattler I've ever seen in the wild.

If I never see another, I'll have still seen one too many!:razz:

Snakes are plentiful around here... I routinely catch a couple of young copperheads in the yard every spring. Luckily, most snakes here in the South are pretty harmless or even beneficial (like our ratsnakes.)

That snake I stepped on is the one & only rattler I've ever seen in the wild.

If I never see another, I'll have still seen one too many!:razz:

Chicago has it's downsides, like a current wind chill of -15 during this global warming we're in, but the only snakes I've heard of, haven't seen one, is gardner snakes. TG!

Well , I went camping out in the Western ghats in the state of Maharashtra in India. Me and my bro were climbing up a slope when we saw this huge leopard and two of its cubs. It freaked us out. I can never forget that incident. The eyes of that creature are so...lethal. It just stares at you. But fortunately that creature was in ahurry ...Wanted to pee or something I guess.

Oh yeah ,I have stepped on many giant size snakes while trekking in that region. I never noticed until my brother calmly pointed out to me that I had crushed about 3 snake butts!:redface:

I have not been attacked..yet..(smile)..but see alot of wolves in my yard now almost on a daily basis..They kill alot of dogs up here...or should say a couple a year at least.

In the out-house a few weeks back had scratching on the door outside..(not a clue what it was).

This cold weather has attacked me though....auuuugh..:)

While picking blackberries a few years ago, I was attacked by a swarm of yellow jackets. Needless to say, I was Less Than Pleased with the experience.

I've had bee encounters myself...auuugh..:(

Those dam things can really get a guy going.I remember once tying the boat up to a log on shore..These suckers were black in color...and I couldn't see them flying..They blended in so well under the shade of the trees.

Needless to say was stung several times..and made a run to my boat.I had a 3 Hp Johnson Engine..and I couldn't out run them.(swarm)..but managed to stay a foot in front of them till they tired of the chase...It's something I'll never forget...that's for sure..:)

Forum List

Back