Anybody good with batteries?

Ok, I want a battery for when we go off grid camping. I know I need a deep cycle but the AH and stuff I don't understand.
I will be hooking up a power inverter to it(with alligator clamps) to charge laptop, phones, speakers small stuff like that. I also have a 35 watt portable air conditioner I will be having on all night.
Will be used 2 or 3 nights at a time.
What will last the whole time?
Willing to spend up to 300.
There is no single battery that will do that as far as I know.
Yeah I'm going to get a generator to keep it going. Just something small to charge it back up.

Ok, I want a battery for when we go off grid camping. I know I need a deep cycle but the AH and stuff I don't understand.
I will be hooking up a power inverter to it(with alligator clamps) to charge laptop, phones, speakers small stuff like that. I also have a 35 watt portable air conditioner I will be having on all night.
Will be used 2 or 3 nights at a time.
What will last the whole time?
Willing to spend up to 300.
Wow. Young people "off grid" a lot different than we used to. Pitch a tent, ring a fire pit with stones, dig a latrine hole and cover it with a piece of plywood. Morning ablutions in the river. For special moments after everyone is super stoned, turn on the car and listen to music on the stereo for awhile.

laptops, ac, phones?

What must the bears think?

Sure when you're young.

The Wife said no more primitive camping!!!
By that she means a bathroom with a hot water shower,A/C and heat.
And to be honest I'm right there with Her.
To me it's more about setting everything up and tearing it down for a two night stay. Way to much work.
Hell,I built my own shower system to try and get Her to go with me when I went to the lake but the sticking point was always the bathroom. Or as she put it....HELL no I'm not shitting in the woods!!!!
View attachment 308008

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper in the long run just to go find a motel?

I've done a whole lot of camping but to me camping means a tent way out and away where most people can't even get to unless they walk in for the most part.

You need to stop and think how much it cost to hit even a cheap hotel every night.

Ya gotta figure a month in a hotel will cost you over 2k a month at 75 bucks a night.

Forum List

Back