Anybody else done with Dr. Who?

I've been a fan since college in the mid 70's on PBS, but remember 2 Doctor Who movies w/ Peter Cushing from the 60's! When Smith became the Doctor 10 yrs ago, he pulled his hair down into his face and exclaimed, "I'm a girl!" Then you had Capaldi shoot the old General on Gallifrey who regenerated into a Black woman! That was the 1st gender change that happened we actually saw occur on screen!

The two movies made by Amicus were lifted wholely from William Hartnell serials. They really don't work well, because Cushing played the character totally differently than Hartnell did.

But, yeah, they hinted at cross gender regenerations long before they actually did one for the Doctor.

Why can't the Dr be female? I've been a Dr who fan since the 1980s and don't recall there ever being a stated reason why not.

Well, they've always kind of played fast and loose with the rules of Regeneration, which was only introduced as a plot element because the First Doctor, William Hartnell, couldn't remember his lines due to his age and failing health.

They really only started toying with the idea that Time Lords could gender swap recently, though. The 11th Doctor mentioned a fellow Time Lord called "The Corsair", who was both genders in various incarnations. Then they had the Master turn into Missy. So I think they were setting it up.
Britain is controlled by the globalists. Many British programs have a high percentage of minorities. Its surreal really. Its just pushing agendas.
In other words;

View attachment 449031
Its not that complicated. When my neighborhood died I knew why. Even though I and most others wanted and tried to be as welcoming as can be. We were still slapped around with people being assaulted and killed and saying anything about anything criminal and worse was regarded as a conspiracy. The people who had family members buried and weeped were just being bitches.

Why can't the Dr be female? I've been a Dr who fan since the 1980s and don't recall there ever being a stated reason why not.

Well, they've always kind of played fast and loose with the rules of Regeneration, which was only introduced as a plot element because the First Doctor, William Hartnell, couldn't remember his lines due to his age and failing health.

They really only started toying with the idea that Time Lords could gender swap recently, though. The 11th Doctor mentioned a fellow Time Lord called "The Corsair", who was both genders in various incarnations. Then they had the Master turn into Missy. So I think they were setting it up.
Britain is controlled by the globalists. Many British programs have a high percentage of minorities. Its surreal really. Its just pushing agendas.
In other words;

View attachment 449031
Its not that complicated. When my neighborhood died I knew why. Even though I and most others wanted and tried to be as welcoming as can be. We were still slapped around with people being assaulted and killed and saying anything about anything criminal and worse was regarded as a conspiracy. The people who had family members buried and weeped were just being bitches.

Um, what does any of this have to do with Doctor Who?

Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.
You kids are so sensitive.

It's not about that. When the artists aren't true to the fabric of a story, then it's over for me.

It's clearly not the fabric of the show. It's just political messaging. Once you betray the art with BS, I'm out.

S
Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.

It's not about that. When the artists aren't true to the fabric of a story, then it's over for me.

It's clearly not the fabric of the show. It's just political messaging. Once you betray the art with BS, I'm out.
Snowflake.

Um, Doctor Who has done political messaging since the 1970's... where have you been?

For instance, when they gave the Doctor an openly feminist companion in Sarah Jane Smith (who in my opinion was the best companion they had.)

Political messaging and fabric of the show are two different things. They weren't true to the art.

S

Snowflake.

I block people, shill. Come correct if you're going to bother.

S

Snowflake.

Of course you do, snowflake.

Blocking people is a snowflake kinda thing to do.

S

Snowflake.

You tell yourself that. But if I see one more hundred proof troll post from you we're done. I don't waste my time on shills any more.

S

Snowflake.

You tell yourself that. But if I see one more hundred proof troll post from you we're done. I don't waste my time on shills any more.
^snowflake^

S

Snowflake.

^snowflake^

Buh bye.

Even if I hadn't walked out on this SJW apparatus, I hear JW was a train wreck anyhow.
I never watched one episode with her.

Probably a good thing.

There were two problems...

First, Whitaker herself didn't have a unique personality like the men who preceded her.

Second- and more importantly, Chibnall decided to really fuck with the canon, such as the Doctor Wasn't a timelord, the William Hartnell version wasn't the first version and so on.

I could list about ten other problems, none of which had to do with "political messaging" (Yes, there were a couple of those, but not as bad as people make them out to be.

Probably a good thing.

There were two problems...

First, Whitaker herself didn't have a unique personality like the men who preceded her.

Second- and more importantly, Chibnall decided to really fuck with the canon, such as the Doctor Wasn't a timelord, the William Hartnell version wasn't the first version and so on.

I could list about ten other problems, none of which had to do with "political messaging" (Yes, there were a couple of those, but not as bad as people make them out to be.

This is what I was saying my problem was more/less from the first. They f*cked with the fabric of the Whoiverse with the gender switching (for political purposes). If you don't stay true to the art, this is what happens. Some asshole thinks he can defy whatever he wants.

As for Whitaker, she was an affirmative action hire of sorts and did not have any proper appreciation for the role. She had no motivation on that basis alone.

This is what I was saying my problem was more/less from the first. They f*cked with the fabric of the Whoiverse with the gender switching (for political purposes). If you don't stay true to the art, this is what happens. Some asshole thinks he can defy whatever he wants.

As for Whitaker, she was an affirmative action hire of sorts and did not have any proper appreciation for the role. She had no motivation on that basis alone.

Nice to see you brought the Toxic male fandom.

Actually, the fact that she was female had very little to do with the show's problems, because it rarely came up. You could have had a male actor in those same stories, and it wouldn't have made a whit of difference. She wasn't feminine, you didn't have male characters hitting on her, nor did she show any interest in men (as opposed to the male doctors since Eccleston, who showed interest in women.)

Peter Capaldi was a huge fan of the show and appreciated the role. Yet his Doctor wasn't well received by the fans either. Part of this was that he came off as too rough, part of it was that fans had gotten used to younger actors playing the Doctor. (Capaldi was the oldest actor to play the Doctor since William Hartnell, the original Doctor.)

The real problem was that they didn't have very good stories. The first season contained no classic villains, and the "new" ones they introduced just weren't very interesting. The second season, they brought back the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Master, but they didn't do anything interesting with them.

Particular note is the Master. A great character who has been around since the 1970's, with every Doctor encountering a version of him. Previously, they gender swapped the Master into "Missy", played by the incomparable Michelle Gomez, and she was kind of awesome, giving a whole new dimension to what could have been a stale character.

Nope. They brought back the Master as a male again, and frankly, he was boring.

There is, and always will be, only ONE Doctor Who...

9405618.jpg

There is, and always will be, only ONE Doctor Who...

View attachment 519514

I understand your sentiment BUT I am older than you. Peter Cushing did a good job as did some of the early ones. I quite liked Tennant and Eccleston but where would they have been without a strong Companion...and don't get me started on Ami (Karen :love_ya4:Gillam)....without humour there is no Dr Who.

Greg

Forum List

Back