Anybody else done with Dr. Who?

Because she sucks and everyone knows it.

Or she just did her three years like every other actor who has played the role.

Again, I don't think she's the problem, I think it's the writing.

That and the fact that after nearly sixty years, how do you keep any of it fresh.

Last seasons big deal was "the Master is back". This is about Fifth time they've brought back the Master.

Writing may suck. But it sounds like she didn't bring anything to the table.

Again, changing the fabric of the show via having a female doctor is a slap in the face to the real fans in the first place.

Again, changing the fabric of the show via having a female doctor is a slap in the face to the real fans in the first place.

The best actor in the world can't solve awful writing.

Peter Capaldi was a fantastic, highly experienced actor who was already well-loved for other roles.

Yet people really didn't like him as the Doctor, even though he was a life-long fan. He was largely done in by awful scripts.

There's an old joke in Hollywood. "Did you hear the one about the Polish Starlet? She was so dumb she slept with the writer."

The best actor in the world can't solve awful writing.

Peter Capaldi was a fantastic, highly experienced actor who was already well-loved for other roles.

Yet people really didn't like him as the Doctor, even though he was a life-long fan. He was largely done in by awful scripts.

There's an old joke in Hollywood. "Did you hear the one about the Polish Starlet? She was so dumb she slept with the writer."

People liked Capaldi as DW as well as his first sidekick. They didn't like most of the rest of the production.

People liked Capaldi as DW as well as his first sidekick. They didn't like most of the rest of the production.

Actually, the ratings really cratered with Capaldi. While I thought he did a fine job, a lot of the fan base who were used to younger actors playing the Doctor didn't connect with him.

The sound production was completely off. Amazing that it could be that bad. That could tank any actor playing the doctor. It went from A to F.

Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.
You kids are so sensitive.

It's not about that. When the artists aren't true to the fabric of a story, then it's over for me.
and since the doctor has been a male for what a 1000 years.....and now he is a female?.....they should have just used a time lady if they wanted to go that route...

and since the doctor has been a male for what a 1000 years.....and now he is a female?.....they should have just used a time lady if they wanted to go that route...

Again, it's not that big of a deal.

They had the Master regenerate into a female a while back, and because they actually gave her interesting stuff to do and a character arc, it worked pretty well. They of course, turned her back into a male and pretty much ruined all the character development stuff, because the current production team sucks.

The problem isn't the Doctor now being female.

The problem is the Doctor being played by a woman who isn't a very good actress, being given scripts that are at best repetitive and at worse, awful.

Throw in an ugly Tardis set, too many companions, none of whom can act, bad sound, and stories that spit in the eye of the long term fans, and there you are.

Again, it's not that big of a deal.

They had the Master regenerate into a female a while back, and because they actually gave her interesting stuff to do and a character arc, it worked pretty well. They of course, turned her back into a male and pretty much ruined all the character development stuff, because the current production team sucks.

The problem isn't the Doctor now being female.

The problem is the Doctor being played by a woman who isn't a very good actress, being given scripts that are at best repetitive and at worse, awful.

Throw in an ugly Tardis set, too many companions, none of whom can act, bad sound, and stories that spit in the eye of the long term fans, and there you are.
sounds like excuses joe....just maybe the idea of turning a being who has been a male in the show for the last 50 years just didnt resonate with the fans...if they wanted a female time lord then create a new character or just bring back Romana....

Last edited:
Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.

It's not about that. When the artists aren't true to the fabric of a story, then it's over for me.
Why can't the Dr be female? I've been a Dr who can since the 1980s and don't recall there ever being a stated reason why not.

I've been a Who fan since the 60s, when the only place to see it was on PBS.

Or a late night movie version.

Why can't the Dr be female? I've been a Dr who can since the 1980s and don't recall there ever being a stated reason why not.

I've been a Who fan since the 60s, when the only place to see it was on PBS.

Or a late night movie version.
In the early 80s I was watching reruns from the 60s and 70s on PBS. Along with Space 1999 and Black Adder.

The problem is hack writers with no real creativity. It's only too facile to say "every male character becomes female, half of the characters become gay, good guys must be bad guys, interesting characters are reproduced exactly as other ethnicities, etc." It is lazy crap.

sounds like excuses joe....just maybe the idea of turning a being who has been a male in the show for the last 50 years just didnt resonate with the fans...if they wanted a female time lord then create a new character or just bring back Romana....

Well... no.

Frankly, I've talked to very few Doctor Who fans who are offended by the Doctor being a woman now. Most of the complaints I've seen are with the writing, which is dreadful. If you gave Whitacker a decent script and maybe some acting lessons, she'd probably be fine

The problem is hack writers with no real creativity. It's only too facile to say "every male character becomes female, half of the characters become gay, good guys must be bad guys, interesting characters are reproduced exactly as other ethnicities, etc." It is lazy crap.

Actually, the real problem... The Doctor turned female, but there's really nothing about her performance that is different. Seriously, she's not unattractive, but in two seasons, only one male character has hit on her... and that was Lord Byron... who you would expect to hit on people.

Now, when they made the Master into the Mistress (Missy), they did some really creative things with her. It became a lot more about the actual relationship between the two characters. (Keeping in mind that at this point, we were on our Twelfth Doctor and our Seventh Master). They gave them some snappy scripts and Michelle Gomez was kind of awesome in the role.

Why can't the Dr be female? I've been a Dr who fan since the 1980s and don't recall there ever being a stated reason why not.

Well, they've always kind of played fast and loose with the rules of Regeneration, which was only introduced as a plot element because the First Doctor, William Hartnell, couldn't remember his lines due to his age and failing health.

They really only started toying with the idea that Time Lords could gender swap recently, though. The 11th Doctor mentioned a fellow Time Lord called "The Corsair", who was both genders in various incarnations. Then they had the Master turn into Missy. So I think they were setting it up.

Why can't the Dr be female? I've been a Dr who fan since the 1980s and don't recall there ever being a stated reason why not.

Well, they've always kind of played fast and loose with the rules of Regeneration, which was only introduced as a plot element because the First Doctor, William Hartnell, couldn't remember his lines due to his age and failing health.

They really only started toying with the idea that Time Lords could gender swap recently, though. The 11th Doctor mentioned a fellow Time Lord called "The Corsair", who was both genders in various incarnations. Then they had the Master turn into Missy. So I think they were setting it up.
Britain is controlled by the globalists. Many British programs have a high percentage of minorities. Its surreal really. Its just pushing agendas.

Britain is controlled by the globalists. Many British programs have a high percentage of minorities. Its surreal really. Its just pushing agendas.
In other words;

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

They really only started toying w/ the idea that Time Lords could gender swap recently, though. The 11th Doctor mentioned a fellow Time Lord called "The Corsair", who was both genders in various incarnations. Then they had the Master turn into Missy. So I think they were setting it up.

I've been a fan since college in the mid 70's on PBS, but remember 2 Doctor Who movies w/ Peter Cushing from the 60's! When Smith became the Doctor 10 yrs ago, he pulled his hair down into his face and exclaimed, "I'm a girl!" Then you had Capaldi shoot the old General on Gallifrey who regenerated into a Black woman! That was the 1st gender change that happened we actually saw occur on screen! - Children Of Rassilon - ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back