The rest all come in #4, with Capaldi at #5,

If I were to rate them.

Tom Baker- Still the best.
Matt Smith
Jon Pertwee
Tennant
Capaldi
Davison

Whitaker, on the other hand, is just awful. I'm not sure if it's the writing or the actress, but she's really ruined the show for me.

Best part of Matt Smiths run was Karen Gillan.

Only decent part of Capaldis run was Jenna Coleman.

Best part of Matt Smiths run was Karen Gillan.

Only decent part of Capaldis run was Jenna Coleman.

They were both fine actresses, which is why they've gone on to have solid careers after leaving the Tardis.

I liked Matt Smith's Doctor because he was fun, quirky and kind of heroic. The best tribute to him in the role is when he took the job, people said he was too young to play the Doctor, and when he was replaced by Capaldi, people said Capaldi was too old for the role.

I really do like Capaldi's Doctor as well, although I know it puts me in the minority of fandom.

They did a phone survey, to determine which was the best Doctor.

Their results:

1 - David Tennant 10518 / 21%

2 - Jodie Whittaker 10423 / 21%

3 - Peter Capaldi 8897 / 18%

4 - Matt Smith 7637 / 16%

5 - Tom Baker 3977 / 8%

6 - William Hartnell 1983 / 4%

7 - Paul McGann 1427 / 3%

8 - Christopher Eccleston 1144 / 2%

9 - Jon Pertwee 1038 / 2%

10 - Patrick Troughton 915 / 2%

11 - Sylvester McCoy 462 / 1%

12 - Colin Baker 359 / 1%

13 - Peter Davison 351 / 1%

Can't trust the Jodie Whitaker vote because SJW's may be stacking the deck on that. Though I have liked her in the other stuff I've seen her in. So I would imagine she did well regardless of my objections to the politics.

Misty loved DT so much that she would not watch others at last check.

I thought Matt Smith Was brilliant all the same. I liked Peter Capaldi. But the sound production got all jacked up when he was the doctor, and it put a damper on it. But he maybe had the best sidekick with Jenna Coleman.

I frankly don't know the pre 2005 doctors. But I'm willing to say Chris Eccleston got the shaft in that ranking. I could make a case he was the best. Being doctor for only one season seems to hurt his case for most though.

Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.
used to love the show till they got that old Dr Who-----stopped watching years ago before the woman.

Turning DW into a woman after ll this time? It's became more about liberal advocacy than anything else. I think I'm done with it.
used to love the show till they got that old Dr Who-----stopped watching years ago before the woman.

Wasn't a fan of that decision either. But at least it made some sense. And Peter actually did a really good job.

Changing gender as if biology is hokey just ripped my heart out. At least it prepared me for the sh** in the world that's went on since.

BSG turned Starbuck into a chick and that turned out spectacular. Best sci-fi show ever or at least top 5.

Changing gender as if biology is hokey just ripped my heart out. At least it prepared me for the sh** in the world that's went on since.

So wait, once again.

You're willing to accept this character travels through time and space in a phone booth that is bigger on the inside, that he can change over his entire body if injured, and he fights evil Pepper Shakers with a screwdriver, but the minute he turns into a she, you're out.

BSG turned Starbuck into a chick and that turned out spectacular. Best sci-fi show ever or at least top 5.

Given that the original BSG was just a post-Star Wars cash grab, it wasn't hard to improve on. Frankly, I couldn't get into it because it was too similar to the original "Mormons in Space" version.

That show was overrated. I kept watching it and it felt like it could have been a 5 part miniseries at 2 hours a night and told a better story.

Given that the original BSG was just a post-Star Wars cash grab, it wasn't hard to improve on. Frankly, I couldn't get into it because it was too similar to the original "Mormons in Space" version.
That show was overrated. I kept watching it and it felt like it could have been a 5 part miniseries at 2 hours a night and told a better story.
To each their own but that was one of the most well thought out and well acted space dramas in history ( I know low bar). Was very weighty on religion, refugees, class, and what it means to be.. human.

Torchwood on the other hand was just fun.

So wait, once again.

You're willing to accept this character travels through time and space in a phone booth that is bigger on the inside, that he can change over his entire body if injured, and he fights evil Pepper Shakers with a screwdriver, but the minute he turns into a she, you're out.

What does traveling through time and space have to do with gender biology? I don't care about your bleeding heart sh**, Joe. I think you know that at this point.

Doctor Who only had a following in the US because of the great Science Fiction Drought of 1968 to 1977 where the only SciFi available to US audiences was cheaply produced shows from the UK and (even worse) Canada.

The years between "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Star Wars" were dismal, bleak, and left many a US SciFi fan hungry for anything they could get their hands on.

"Space 1999", the abominal "Starlost", and yes, "Doctor Who" was all we had to sustain us in the dark times.

So, like the ex-GI to whom SPAM and SOS brings back memories of a harder, but happier, time. Some of us still follow "Doctor Who" despite the fact that its cheesier than a Little Cesear's Stuff Crust with extra mozzarella.

What does traveling through time and space have to do with gender biology? I don't care about your bleeding heart sh**, Joe. I think you know that at this point.

I think you are more worked up about it than you think.

To me, it wasn't that big of a deal, as they had previously established Timelords can change gender when they regenerate.

I'm more concerned with the poor writing and general disregard for canon....

Read an article on Yahoo the other day....

Jodi plans on leaving soon.

Read an article on Yahoo the other day....

Jodi plans on leaving soon.

But that's normal. They usually do three seasons and leave. It's referred to as the Troughton Rule, from the Second Actor to play the role. Some played it longer (and got typecast) and others got pushed out the Tardis Door early.

Whitless should have been pushed out the door early.

Because she sucks and everyone knows it.

Or she just did her three years like every other actor who has played the role.

Again, I don't think she's the problem, I think it's the writing.

That and the fact that after nearly sixty years, how do you keep any of it fresh.

Last seasons big deal was "the Master is back". This is about Fifth time they've brought back the Master.

Forum List

Back