Anybody else done with Dr. Who?

I'll give her a chance.

She can't be any worse than Capbaldi, or what ever his name is

the shows writing has gotten worse since Tenant and show runner Davies left.....i dont see this improving it.....now the doctor will be a man trapped in a womans body....

Well, Dr. Who is pretty weird, anyway, constantly being reanimated in a different form. If you by that, why not being reanimated as a woman? OK, on that same note, Secret agent 007 James Bond will now be Jane Bond. That might be a tad odd.

Well, Dr. Who is pretty weird, anyway, constantly being reanimated in a different form. If you by that, why not being reanimated as a woman? OK, on that same note, Secret agent 007 James Bond will now be Jane Bond. That might be a tad odd.
the doctor might get a different body but his mind is the same one he has had since the 1st doctor,he just has different personality quirks,but he was still a man mentally,now he will be a man stuck in a womans body.....and were did you get the Jane Bond thing?....

I'll give her a chance.

She can't be any worse than Capbaldi, or what ever his name is

Capaldi was the victim of bad sound engineering.... He didn't exactly have great companions either; hence the elevation of Missy. But to me this is somewhat beside the point. In a vacuum the new episodes could be good; but betraying the nature of the show to promote a political narrative is....whatever bad adjective.....

Are you afraid of women?

There are many women heroes in the movies shown in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea. The DPRK celebrates women - We are not afraid.

I wouldn't have cared if they had brought in a woman time lord, so no. But casting her specifically as Doctor Who to promote the gender-less narrative is whack shit. I think we're all frogs in the boiling water. Three or four years ago if they had tried this, there would have been serious issues. But now that a generation of snowflakes has been cultivated....

Don't be surprised if they turn him into a flamer all the same.

the doctor might get a different body but his mind is the same one he has had since the 1st doctor,he just has different personality quirks,but he was still a man mentally,now he will be a man stuck in a womans body.....and were did you get the Jane Bond thing?....

He's always been a man; tampering with his identity for the sake of politics is not what I look for in a show. It's no longer about the art. It's the same reason I didn't watch Two and A Half Men after Sheen was kicked off; there was not a premium on the show's essence any more.

Are you afraid of women?

There are many women heroes in the movies shown in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea. The DPRK celebrates women - We are not afraid.

I wouldn't have cared if they had brought in a woman time lord, so no. But casting her specifically as Doctor Who to promote the gender-less narrative is whack shit. I think we're all frogs in the boiling water. Three or four years ago if they had tried this, there would have been serious issues. But now that a generation of snowflakes has been cultivated....
the 4th Doctor had a female time lady for a while with him...Romana....one of his better companions,was smart like the Doctor and could pilot the Tardis....

I don't think I'll be watching any more. I tolerated the homo stuff until now, but I think I'm done. A female Doctor Who is pure Political Correctness that will infect every scene.

I don't think I'll be watching any more. I tolerated the homo stuff until now, but I think I'm done. A female Doctor Who is pure Political Correctness that will infect every scene.

Been getting tired of the doctor's sanctimonious lefty speeches over the last four years or so. I was "tolerant". But as usual, "tolerance" just opens the door for the next measure of nonsense.

I am a Trekkie, but Dr Who had its appeal. When the enscarfed Doc Tom Baker awakened my loins and my awareness. It's all make believe, Who's identity changes all the time, so what's the big deal with gender? Ursula K. LeGuin and the her novel "Left hand of darkness" speaks to me as well on gender and science fiction.

Last edited:
I am a Trekkie, but Dr Who had its appeal. When the enscarfed Doc Tom Baker awakened my loins and my awareness. It's all make believe, Who's identity changes all the time, so what's the big deal with gender? Ursula K. LeGuin and the her novel "Left hand of darkness" speaks to me as well on gender and science fiction.

What was the big deal of making a pro homosexual 'Beauty And The Beast'? Many fans prefer not to have the art so shamelessly politicized. The idea that the doctor can suddenly be any gender is not about the art; it's about political propaganda.

What was the big deal of making a pro homosexual 'Beauty And The Beast'? Many fans prefer not to have the art so shamelessly politicized. The idea that the doctor can suddenly be any gender is not about the art; it's about political propaganda.
I don't know, perhaps it's more about your awareness and not a fictional character, what difference does it make?

I don't know, perhaps it's more about your awareness and not a fictional character, what difference does it make?

Doctor Who has become quite politically overt. Many fans have suffered it. And many younger fans have embraced it. Basically, this latest development is about them attaining a critical mass of liberal zombies and shedding traditionalists. I might cede your point if this was a new show and what not. But this show is more than fifty years in the making. The liberals own every other sitcom essentially; yet they still feel the need to be this brazen.

New Topics

Forum List

Back