Any Talking Heads fans on here ?

Must be one of the greatest US bands ever.
This track from my favourite album.

On of the greatest bands ever? I wouldn't go that far. I broke down and bought one of their albums years ago called Remain In Light. It wasn't too bad.

A couple of the better songs:

Your song's not bad. Nice bass line. You should hear them on a 3,000 watt $200,000 stereo.

Last edited:

On of the greatest bands ever? I wouldn't go that far. I broke down and bought one of their albums years ago called Remain In Light. It wasn't too bad.

Your song's not bad. Nice bass line. You should hear them on a 3,000 watt $200,000 stereo.

There are better tracks on that album (Little Creatures) in my opinion. I think its their best. Love Once in a Lifetime.

There are better tracks on that album (Little Creatures) in my opinion. I think its their best. Love Once in a Lifetime.

Yeah, well, I can dig them when really stoned. They are kinda pushing the pop limit for me, but then, I can get into Supertramp sometimes as well as the B-52s. You ought to check out the early B-52s. They need to be played real L O U D. Each song is better than the last.

Yeah, well, I can dig them when really stoned. They are kinda pushing the pop limit for me, but then, I can get into Supertramp sometimes as well as the B-52s. You ought to check out the early B-52s. They need to be played real L O U D. Each song is better than the last.

Lol.
I kinda dig the B52's and Talking Heads.
We used to play the hell out of it and Elvis Costello at house parties in the '80's. Kinda dug the offbeat New Wave type music.
If I am drunk at a wedding and the B52's gets played, I am all over that damn dance floor.

I was having lunch in a local supermarket a few weeks ago. Mainly they play anti music by the likes of Adele and Sheeran. Then this came on. I was buzzing all afternoon. Only great music can do this.

I was having lunch in a local supermarket a few weeks ago. Mainly they play anti music by the likes of Adele and Sheeran. Then this came on. I was buzzing all afternoon. Only great music can do this.

That was from near the end of their pop success. That might have been from their 5th album. I think I have their first four albums. The first two are great, every song a hit, a scream, the third pretty good and the 4th take it or leave it with maybe a few good songs. They had a very distinctive new wave/retro sound, but a band can only go so far on one sound no matter what the talent. They were greatly benefited from the MTV video era, they did great videos, but as that era went away so did much of the B-52s outreach.

But their music is very uplifting, positive, creative, high energy. Makes you feel good. That's a lot better than can be said about a lot of it now.

Like their humor... great band those B52s

Forum List

Back