Any Residents of Golden State of California?

jaminhealth

Dec 10, 2021
I'll start and I've been living here 55 yrs, , daugher was 2 when we came here, her children are about 4th or 5th generation Californians. We've all had great lives here and Loved this state and to be honest I was a registered Dem for about 60 yrs. NO MORE since covid hit.

Things started to get ugly here in the early 90's with the onslaught of vagrant/homeless population. It was terrible and is Worse....the people get here from all over the U.S. and even other countries I've been told. Millions have been spent to end this mess or do what they can do and it's worse than ever. Vets in the mix too.

People are leaving their beloved state and I won't and can't, even my little family have brought it up. Talk about FL. We were in the recall Newsom mess and CA is just too Deep Blue. 40 Million population.

They are conservative, wear no mask unless forced, no jabs and it's been a huge challenge but they are working thru it so far... They will not take an experimental drug, no way.

Your thoughts if you fit in this post. Thanks.

I'll start and I've been living here 55 yrs, , daugher was 2 when we came here, her children are about 4th or 5th generation Californians. We've all had great lives here and Loved this state and to be honest I was a registered Dem for about 60 yrs. NO MORE since covid hit.

Things started to get ugly here in the early 90's with the onslaught of vagrant/homeless population. It was terrible and is Worse....the people get here from all over the U.S. and even other countries I've been told. Millions have been spent to end this mess or do what they can do and it's worse than ever. Vets in the mix too.

People are leaving their beloved state and I won't and can't, even my little family have brought it up. Talk about FL. We were in the recall Newsom mess and CA is just too Deep Blue. 40 Million population.

They are conservative, wear no mask unless forced, no jabs and it's been a huge challenge but they are working thru it so far... They will not take an experimental drug, no way.

Long time Mexifornia resident here….nobody decent has plans to stay in this twisted twilight zone shithole.
Literally everyone I know has either left or they have an exit plan in the works.

• Banned
None of my friends are leaving, I'm 83 and disabled and too old to start over. I'll have to ride it out until I don't wake up one morning.

My little family h ave always lived near water and warm weather. That's why they mentioned FL, I said humidity, bugs, hurricanes gators, etc etc that goes with FL.

A friend who lives in Palmdale and we don't discuss my feelings about all the covid so much, she's not nearly as vocal as me, she just announced her sons talked her into moving to TX to be closer to them and her grandkids. So that is going to be a big undertaking for her to get it done as she is challenged with longtime Chronic Fatigue issues. She can be down for a couple days with her fatigue if she pushes herself a little too much. SO.....

jh: it looks like California is heading down the drain to me, & many other of our fellow Americans also share that viewpoint. On top of the social issues that Californians are plagued with there are the natural disasters that haunt California yearly(fires/earthquakes etc.). If you can manage to escape out of California I would certainly think relocating(if @ all possible) to another state not so politically ludicrous would be of great benefit to you especially considering your age. My oldest sister(78) just relocated to Spokane(Spo-can) Washington from Tigard Oregon to escape the violence & high taxes. She took a hard hit on the sale of her home but as she said to me: "I had to get out of there while I could still afford to do so". I wish you the best jh I really do. Till next time!

Need to split CA into 2 States and then deed the State of Southern California back to Mexico

I lived there for about 34 years (most of that time in Ventura county), left in '09, spent 3 years in the 505 (Albuquerque), now it's South Carolina. The only thing I miss about California is the Mexican food and my kids. The only thing I miss about Albuquerque is the Mexican food. California is not the end all be all...

I lived in and around San Diego for the better part of 30 years. I left in 2012, and I'm glad I did. California's a Hell hole now.

I'm in Florida now...

Forum List

Back