Any Ontario Residents here?

Puddles

Jan 10, 2007
Nestle has put in an application to renew its permit so they can take out 3.6 million litres of water a day from Aberfoyle for 5 years.

The public has until May 2, 2007 to voice any objections, please visit the site below to submit an online objection - it only takes 1 minute.

Anyone in Ontario can oppose this permit so please pass this message to everyone you know!

http://www.wellingtonwaterwatchers.ca/

Nestle has put in an application to renew its permit so they can take out 3.6 million litres of water a day from Aberfoyle for 5 years.

The public has until May 2, 2007 to voice any objections, please visit the site below to submit an online objection - it only takes 1 minute.

Anyone in Ontario can oppose this permit so please pass this message to everyone you know!

http://www.wellingtonwaterwatchers.ca/

You're worried about that? Toronto is sucking up the most valuable agricultural land in the country. How's about some food with that water, eh?
STOP the urban sprawl, NOW. No more East Side Marios/Mark's Work Warehouse/Starbucks/Chapters/Home Depto/etc, etc along side row after row of beige houses containing 2.5 families..

Umm yeah...that's something to be worried about (especially if you know anything about current water issues) as there are many other things to worry about. It's an action item...people can actually do something about instead of just bitching and complaining about it. It certainly doesn't hurt to put out there. Feel free to start your own thread about urban sprawl.

Umm yeah...that's something to be worried about (especially if you know anything about current water issues) as there are many other things to worry about. It's an action item...people can actually do something about instead of just bitching and complaining about it. It certainly doesn't hurt to put out there. Feel free to start your own thread about urban sprawl.

Naw, wrote enough term papers about sprawl and water issues in Canada, being a geog major myself. But spread the word , and give some hugs while you're at it, yo. :cool:

My sister is very passionate about the urban sprawl issue as well (she's just finishing up her masters and her thesis was on that). For me it's water issues ...particularly water conservation, exportation and shortages. But I agree enough of the same, ugly box stores...every city in looks the same (especially in south western Ontario)!!

Would it be too much to ask for people to just build more condos and apartment buildings? Asides from being more energy efficient and using less land, it would do wonders for slowing urban sprawl.

I also think Toronto should do something about the waterfront, such as building an underwater theme park, hotel and shopping plaza. The CN Tower just doesn't count as a tourist attraction any more (did it ever count?).

The people in the position to make decisions are not the people who will most affected by the problems that will arise... so, we can figure out what sort of preventative measures will be taken to ensure a healthy water supply...

We've got Nestle sucking the water out of southern Maine, too.

Maine apparently hasn't yet caught on that our water really has value in the world.

That or the right palms have been greased to ignore the obvious benefits of taxing water going out of state.

Does Canada add Fluoride to it's public water supply?

No. Canaduh adds stupid pills to their water supply. That's why most people from Canaduh are dumb.

th_The_Canadian_Flag.jpg

america-fuck-yeah.jpg

Hmmm, Quebec resident myself most of the year, but can't say that I've ever heard of that. I thought Canada in general had far and away the largest fresh water supplies in the world?

They're sucking every drop of clean water they can out of Maine, too.

Nestle is a corporation with a long history of exploiting people.

Swiss, I think.

I live in Michigan surrounded by like 1/3rd of the worlds water, but considering the pollution in the great lakes, I am not so sure using the word "fresh" is entirely accurate.

one of my worse experiences was the cn tower....all that revolving......toronto is boring...clean and boring....loved montreal

I haven't been to Montreal but I'm told I must go there next time I visit Canada. I've been to Toronto a few times and I like it (but I note, as I said, I haven't visited Montreal). I don't know about boring though. It might have been Toronto the Good once but I tell you it's Toronto the Bloody Dangerous now.

one of my worse experiences was the cn tower....all that revolving......toronto is boring...clean and boring....loved montreal

I have to concur. I lived in TO for three years. Its a city run by bankers, lawyers and accountants.

Did you know that the city conducted a "shade audit" to determine if there is enough shade in parks lest the evil sun causes your child to get skin cancer?

Freedom is My Nationality: Shade audit in Toronto

I once went the CIAU football final in Skydome with a flag. Security confiscated the flag pole because they were worried it could become a weapon.

Ontario is the only jurisdiction I know of that once had an order on its license plate - "Ontario, Keep it Beautiful"

onsa73.gif

That pretty much sums it up.

Forum List

Back