Any Oakies On Here?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Why do you guys have the stupidest laws? I was just reading and looking at a video about this yesterday and apparently you can go to jail for cussing in front of children, get a ticket for not cleaning up your shed, and pay a dollar fine for taking the Lord's name in vain. Now,.. that being said none of those three things are good if you break the rules and I'm not condoning it at all in the slightest,.. however,.. isn't that a bit much?

Wait.....it didn't even say anything about a state. Are you sure it's not a city?

Every state has ridiculous laws on the books.

I picked up a book named The Trenton Pickle Ordinance a few years back listing some of them.

(The Trenton Pickle Ordinance makes it illegal to throw tainted pickles in the street)

• Banned
Are Oakies from Oakland, California?

Or is that the fastest round of Karma ever played?

No, I meant Oklahoma lol sorry, I guess I should have been specific. Maybe these laws aren't enforced though because even though I agree they're wrong behavior if these rules are violated, this state seems to be pushing more towards communism.

Not sure what an Oakie is? Maybe it's some kind of tree worshiping cult?
I grew up in Oklahoma and we are sometimes referred to as Okies. ... :cool:

Like you never ever made a mistake. It was a simple spelling error. :rolleyes: Lol JK that's hilarious. :auiqs.jpg:

No, I meant Oklahoma lol sorry, I guess I should have been specific. Maybe these laws aren't enforced though because even though I agree they're wrong behavior if these rules are violated, this state seems to be pushing more towards communism.

Communism? Do tell.

Please be specific.

Communism? Do tell.

Please be specific.

As in controlling. If people want to do stupid things that aren't hurting other people (except that one law is against hurting God but they will have to answer for that one day anyways) then they should have the right to do so.

As in controlling. If people want to do stupid things that aren't hurting other people (except that one law is against hurting God but they will have to answer for that one day anyways) then they should have the right to do so.

Oh, yeah...........that isn't happening. There is no end to the level of stupid things occurring in the state of Oklahoma. This state is communism free.

Unless you can be specific.

We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee and we don't take our trips on LSD
We don't burn our draft cards down on Main Street
Cause we like living right and being free
We don't make a party out of loving but we like holding hands and pitching woo
And we don't let our hair grow long and shaggy
Like the hippies out in San Francisco do
And I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee
A place where even squares can have a ball
And we still wave Ol' Glory down at the courthouse
And white lightning's still the biggest thrill of all
Cowboy boots are still in style for manly footwear
Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen
And football's still the roughest thing on campus
And the kids here still respect the college dean
And I'm proud to be an Okie
In Muskogee Oklahoma US

They want to make it a collective of Baptist.
At this point, "they" want to be seen on tv in a church as proof positive they are holy. I think that I am able to move in and out of religious spheres without having to be impacted from it.

We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee and we don't take our trips on LSD
We don't burn our draft cards down on Main Street
Cause we like living right and being free
We don't make a party out of loving but we like holding hands and pitching woo
And we don't let our hair grow long and shaggy
Like the hippies out in San Francisco do
And I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee
A place where even squares can have a ball
And we still wave Ol' Glory down at the courthouse
And white lightning's still the biggest thrill of all
Cowboy boots are still in style for manly footwear
Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen
And football's still the roughest thing on campus
And the kids here still respect the college dean
And I'm proud to be an Okie
In Muskogee Oklahoma US
You know they have a meth problem, right?

And a heroin problem..........

It would be Okies in that case. Obsolete laws are on the books in all states. AZ has one that says a marriage is null and void if the woman used any kind of foundations or make up to encourage the relationship.

Forum List

Back