Any military college grads?

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Particularly from The Citadel, VMI, and Norwich University, which are top three on my list as of now. Please, if you will, tell me of your experiences and such. As always, advice from anyone is much appreciated, as the fine folks from USMB always tell me right! Thanks!

Particularly from The Citadel, VMI, and Norwich University, which are top three on my list as of now. Please, if you will, tell me of your experiences and such. As always, advice from anyone is much appreciated, as the fine folks from USMB always tell me right! Thanks!

VMI offered my son a full ride. He turned them down. He didn't want to commit, though he is pro-military. He hates Bush/admin. Yeah, he's representative of my 'teaching', parenting' in that I believe it's imperative to have the kids think on their own. He chose a state school for law enforcement, still open to military upon graduation, but not, contrary to my perspective, in favor of attempts to bring democracy to Asia, near or far.

VMI offered my son a full ride. He turned them down. He didn't want to commit, though he is pro-military. He hates Bush/admin. Yeah, he's representative of my 'teaching', parenting' in that I believe it's imperative to have the kids think on their own. He chose a state school for law enforcement, still open to military upon graduation, but not, contrary to my perspective, in favor of attempts to bring democracy to Asia, near or far.

How did he get a full ride? Athletics, academics? What did he do in high school to get it?

How did he get a full ride? Athletics, academics? What did he do in high school to get it?
He doubled lettered in sports all four years. He was honors/AP courses for first year. He documented his contributions to helping my mom, and volunteering in his last year, when she was placed in a home.

I wrote a piece, regarding my son's committment to my mom before the placement in a hom. This was a kid, with a bunch of baggage, those of you that are familiar, know of what I speak.

Now my mom, like myself, was a bit of wisp, not 60 pounds upon death, less than 80 while sick. Truth to tell, when I was in high school and in her 50's, she hit 100 lbs. and her dr. was estatic. By her 70's she was very happy that she could to round offs and cartwheels!

I'm not at military school, and I don't know anyone at those particular schools, but I know someone from high school who's now at the Naval Academy. I could try to find their email and pass along any questions if you want.

I'm not at military school, and I don't know anyone at those particular schools, but I know someone from high school who's now at the Naval Academy. I could try to find their email and pass along any questions if you want.

Nah, you dont have to go through all that trouble for me! :)

5stringJeff? No way, I hate that guy! ;)

Fine, be that way! :D

My own personal opinion:
VMI: West Point knockoff
Citadel: West Point knockoff
Norwich: West Point knockoff

If you want a real military education, attend West Point, or one of the other service academies.

Forum List

Back