Any guitar players?

epZcwTz.jpg
Hi again JonBoy; member me? I hope your bunk break was everything you imagined it to be.:lolly:
And I swear I'm not stalking you.....although I did hafta fight off the urge.:saythat:
:th_Back_2_Topic_2:
Would you know anything about a Odessa acoustic guitar, model 23, made in Korea?
I picked it up at Goodwill for $15 but I haven't been able to find very much information on it.

No I don't play;
but I do know it's in great shape and, IMO, sounds as good as the major brand guitars the serious pickers all pay big bucks for. In fact, it sounds amazing!

Any info will certainly be appreciated; see ya round!

Damn; he's goood! I would love to hear him play my guitar.

Any info on my Odessa? It would sound just as good In his hands.

I knew he was good from Night Ranger and Whitesnake, but never heard his acoustic finger-picking until recently....he's extremely good.

Never heard of Odessa but found this for you;

Dixon Odessa acoustic guitar (Guitarsite)
Odessa acoustic guitar.
Posted by Phillip on Fri, 05/23/2014 - 19:57.
"I have an Odessa D27 that my ex-wife bought me over 25 years ago for 50 dollars and I wouldn't take 500 for it! I love it!"

Damn; he's goood! I would love to hear him play my guitar.

Any info on my Odessa? It would sound just as good In his hands.

I knew he was good from Night Ranger and Whitesnake, but never heard his acoustic finger-picking until recently....he's extremely good.

Never heard of Odessa but found this for you;

Dixon Odessa acoustic guitar (Guitarsite)
Odessa acoustic guitar.
Posted by Phillip on Fri, 05/23/2014 - 19:57.
"I have an Odessa D27 that my ex-wife bought me over 25 years ago for 50 dollars and I wouldn't take 500 for it! I love it!"

Oh thank you so much Angelo. There's some really good stuff here.

Thanx again! See ya... :smiliehug:

And if anybody else finds something; let me know please.

A Norlin era Gibson Les Paul with the three ply maple (set) neck & the pancake body, that weighs in @ about 11 to 12 pounds would make an excellent instrument for blunt force injuries & death upon just about any victim. :dev3:

Man Killed With Electric Guitar: Austin Police Charge Peter Andrew Levay With Murder | HuffPost

Pastor Killed, Beaten With Electric Guitar

Police: Iowa man killed mother with Les Paul guitar
This brings to mind the Frank Zappa song, "My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Momma". And no, I DON'T play guitar but I DO appreciate guitarists that play well. My Top 5 all-time - 1) Hendrix 2) Joe Satriani 3) Eric Clapton 4) Steve Vai 5) Jeff Beck, just missing my Top 5 - Eric Johnson and Sonny Landreth (The best slide guitarist I've ever heard.)

Have you been playing long ?
well i got my first axe when LBJ was in office
I guess I mean are you a serious musician
i take learning my parts seriously , built a few sound studios ,love to play, know a lot of local players....
in a band, or been in bands in the past
many, some more serious than others...
or is it more of a hobby for you ?
Where i am locals bands might divide up $400 a gig , which is chump change compared to $1000 or more for the same quality stuff in more populated area's

Juxtapose that to the fact that i've blown more on equipment than a new car, and it's not so much a lucrative biz venture, as it is productive hobby
7qdLqyC.jpg

I just like to play out, like to make folks dance , they feel good, and all the world's troubles take a back seat to those nights when we can keep them up

and i can still play 3 sets.....w/ two naps (my back was killin' me)>>>>

R5eh0B4.jpg

~S~

I started working on this the other day and got
sidetracked, but just put new strings and back at it.
.... I've always loved the old Journey and Santana with Greg Rolle - great voice that dude.
Neal Schon's tone seems harder to get without a Les Paul.

Forum List

Back