Any aborists here? Need some advice.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I have 3 very large ash trees and I got a quote to clean them up for 1100.00
That includes cutting off all the dead & drooping limbs as well as everything overhanging my house.

Does that seem reasonable? Also any ideas why the center tree has this bark issue?

20220317_084325.jpg
20220317_084253.jpg

Look up Emerald green Ash borer.

Cost sounds about right for KC area. You may not want to keep the trees at all if they are infested as it will cost you again to take them all the way down.

I have 3 very large ash trees and I got a quote to clean them up for 1100.00
That includes cutting off all the dead & drooping limbs as well as everything overhanging my house.

Does that seem reasonable? Also any ideas why the center tree has this bark issue?

View attachment 617173View attachment 617174
Great price. That is a lot of work

Ash trees don't have the best root structure and blow over easy. You don't seem to have a lot of bark falling in the pics, that is when their goners. They aren't a strong tree at all

Split trees at the base are the worst kind. Seems there is no rot in the base by looking. Poking a screwdriver around to see how solid that Achilles Heal really is

Do it now. There are no leaves yet so that is why the price is lower

Get rid of them now. Inflation might up it 500 bucks next month...lol

At first glance at your thread title, in my mind I read "Abortionist". I'm happy that your thread is about trees and not pre-baby killing.

I don't know about Ash trees or the bark issue..........but I recently had a quote to take out a huge cedar tree, a mid sized fir and a smaller maple because they are getting close to wires. I was told $1250 for the 3, just to take them down and they'd cut it into firewood sized chunks (they'd have to because there is no way to fall the full sized tree in my yard) and chip the rest. I keep all of it.

And that is one quote. In comparison, I'd say your price is probably about right, but also get a couple of quotes for the job and ask those questions. They would know the answers. You might get a better price from another company, or maybe higher, but as with any job, shop around

• Banned
Great price. That is a lot of work

Ash trees don't have the best root structure and blow over easy. You don't seem to have a lot of bark falling in the pics, that is when their goners. They aren't a strong tree at all

Split trees at the base are the worst kind. Seems there is no rot in the base by looking. Poking a screwdriver around to see how solid that Achilles Heal really is

Do it now. There are no leaves yet so that is why the price is lower

Get rid of them now. Inflation might up it 500 bucks next month...lol
I can't afford removal. Had one taken out already after lightning split it and it was 4k for 1

Forum List

Back