Anti Semitism - A beginers guide.

It's not a coincidence that a subject of The Queen should ask this question. The Brits wrote the book on anti-Semitism.

1182_french_expulsion_of_jews-cropped.jpg
It isnt a great record, is it? Not sure what it has to do with me or my question though.

Try explaining, concisely, why criticism of fucking Soros, is anti-semitic.

I openly criticize Mr. Soros. I believe his political ideology is inconsistent with my values.

But, it has absolutely nothing to do with his Jewish heritage. Just as it matters not that Hitler was a xtian.

Sounds reasonable to me. I would love to hear from Tommy what about that is not reasonable to him.

I have only come across it once in my life.

And I've come across it my entire life. So, our experiences, and our perspectives, will differ.

The fact is, politicians have always used Jews to drum up fear and hatred, from Edward I to Jeremy Corbyn. The messages might be different, but the goal is still the same.
I suspect that you are correct. Think you might be wrong about Corbyn though. He will sit down with anybody, which is obviously better than bombs.

You are not a decent person, and Jeremy Corbyn conspires regularly with those who wish to commit genocide upon Jews. Antisemitism has never had anything to do with the opposition to George Soros and all you are doing here is to try to deny antisemitism among your fellow leftists so as to engender it.

Antisemitism is a term to define the clear and persistent hatred of Jews and is manifested through a preoccupation thereof singling them out in ways no other group is singled out. The typical canards applied to Jews include accusations of undue power and control, secretiveness and manipulation, and ulterior motives in what they do.

In the case of the collective Jew as represented by the state that represents their self determination, antisemitism takes the form of delegitimization -- denying Jewish people the very right to self determination afforded other groups of people, double standards -- holding them to standards impossible to achieve while holding others to no standards at all, and demonization -- fostering the notion that Israel is a pariah state capable only of evil.

The made up people called "Palestinian" have created an enormous propaganda apparatus and that propaganda emphasizes themes of Jewish power, Jews manipulation of American politics, and Jewish perfidy in all matters. When you benightedly unintelligent practitioners of virtue signaling repeat their propaganda as mindlessly as you do, yes, you are indulging in antisemitism. The BDS movement, in particular, has direct ties to HAMAS --a group that promises to "kill Jews until they hide behind rocks and trees". It takes a special kind of stupid to think those who support such aspirations are anything BUT antisemitic.

Posters on this subject are trying to make it all about Israel but it is not. Below is just a SMALL example.
Israel didn't exist before WW 11 EITHER

There was an attack on Jewish New Yorkers almost every day last week. Police are investigating these as possible hate crimes - CNN

Suspect in Monsey Stabbings Searched Online for ‘Hitler,’ Charges Say

Why is anti-semite any worse than anti-muslim? Or anti-christian? What makes semite more special than christian or muslim or atheist? Why the phobia associated with it? Why so much press? Who really cares?

People who are targeted care. Those who now walk to their schools and Synagogues wondering if they are going to be attacked care.

It's not worse than the other ism's that lead to violent assaults and murders. But we should care. It's happening way too much. Jews and others who are minorities in this country are easy to demonize and target.

Is this the direction we want our country to go in?

Why is anti-semite any worse than anti-muslim? Or anti-christian? What makes semite more special than christian or muslim or atheist? Why the phobia associated with it? Why so much press? Who really cares?

People who are targeted care. Those who now walk to their schools and Synagogues wondering if they are going to be attacked care.

It's not worse than the other ism's that lead to violent assaults and murders. But we should care. It's happening way too much. Jews and others who are minorities in this country are easy to demonize and target.

Is this the direction we want our country to go in?

Multiculturalism for the fail.
As always, since recorded history.

I have only come across it once in my life.

And I've come across it my entire life. So, our experiences, and our perspectives, will differ.

The fact is, politicians have always used Jews to drum up fear and hatred, from Edward I to Jeremy Corbyn. The messages might be different, but the goal is still the same.
I suspect that you are correct. Think you might be wrong about Corbyn though. He will sit down with anybody, which is obviously better than bombs.

Sitting down at the table hasn't been remarkably productive for Israel.

Kerry_Netenyahu_Hamas_Could_you_atleast_meet_them_halfway-300-x-200.png

We have had a bit of a scandal in the UK over alleged anti semitism in the Labour Party. Im not a member of the party but I have many friends who are. They are all decent folk who deplore racism in all its forms.

Ive asked them about it and they are puzzled about it. They dont recognise the accusations relating to the party they belong to. The best explanation I got was that it was a "London thing" and could have arisen from people who support the Palestinian cause. But they couldnt give any concrete examples.

Back in the day anti semitism was pretty easy to define. It was holocaust denial and nwo, global conspiracy and soros. Rothschild and nazi propaganda .

Now it seems to be criticism of Israel and its policies. To me, that seems absurd and places decent folk like me and Mr Corbyn alongside neo-nazi trash like the many holocaust deniers on this board.

It renders the term redundant and does a disservice to Jewish people.

In the UK it seems to be a right-wing tactic. The Chief Rabbi is a conservative friend of Boris Johnson. In return for his support the government is now passing laws outlawing the BDS movement. Its also significant that these attacks also coincide with elections.

So that was a bit of a ramble.

What is anti semitism ?
“What is anti semitism ?”

We know what it isn’t.

It’s not the warranted, appropriate, and justified opposition to Israeli’s policies concerning Palestinians.

We have had a bit of a scandal in the UK over alleged anti semitism in the Labour Party. Im not a member of the party but I have many friends who are. They are all decent folk who deplore racism in all its forms.

Ive asked them about it and they are puzzled about it. They dont recognise the accusations relating to the party they belong to. The best explanation I got was that it was a "London thing" and could have arisen from people who support the Palestinian cause. But they couldnt give any concrete examples.

Back in the day anti semitism was pretty easy to define. It was holocaust denial and nwo, global conspiracy and soros. Rothschild and nazi propaganda .

Now it seems to be criticism of Israel and its policies. To me, that seems absurd and places decent folk like me and Mr Corbyn alongside neo-nazi trash like the many holocaust deniers on this board.

In the UK it seems to be a right-wing tactic. The Chief Rabbi is a conservative friend of Boris Johnson. In return for his support the government is now passing laws outlawing the BDS movement. Its also significant that these attacks also coincide with elections.

What is anti semitism ?

We know what it isn’t.

It’s not the warranted, appropriate, and justified opposition to Israeli’s policies concerning Palestinians.

Unless, of course, that opposition isn't coming from any concern for the people involved and comes from a darker, more traditional motivation.

What is anti semitism ?

It's probably the "Death to America! Death to Israel!" chants

I think it took the Labour party by surprise. They were slow to react and were pretty incoherent in forming a response. Despite asking many times I still dont have one example of harassment or racism.

I'd recommend you read the Labour party's report.
Its a bit thin.

Initially, I thought so, too, until it dawned on me it's a high-minded document written by a very clever and eloquent lawyer in the interest of the Labour party. Only then did I realize that it warrants a close look at the recommendations, for each and every one of these contains not just one or two, but a plethora of cases of wrongdoing pointing towards these avenues for improvement. No, it's not thin. On the other hand, can you give us the size or magnitude of the Tory party's report on anti-Semitism in their ranks?

I think it took the Labour party by surprise. They were slow to react and were pretty incoherent in forming a response. Despite asking many times I still dont have one example of harassment or racism.

I'd recommend you read the Labour party's report.
Its a bit thin.

Initially, I thought so, too, until it dawned on me it's a high-minded document written by a very clever and eloquent lawyer in the interest of the Labour party. Only then did I realize that it warrants a close look at the recommendations, for each and every one of these contains not just one or two, but a plethora of cases of wrongdoing pointing towards these avenues for improvement. No, it's not thin. On the other hand, can you give us the size or magnitude of the Tory party's report on anti-Semitism in their ranks?
The tories need to get that done quickly before the likes of Hopkins and Robinson make it redundant.
I will have another read of it. I cant argue with the recommendations which were just common sense but the examples given were few and far between. Still left me thinking there were education issues rather than nastiness.

What is anti semitism ?

We know what it isn’t.

Unless, of course, that opposition isn't coming from any concern for the people involved and comes from a darker, more traditional motivation.
How do you determine that though ? There are Holocaust deniers on this very thread so its pretty easy to work out their motivation. But I have been accused of anti semitism on here for criticising Israeli treatment of the Palestinians. I find it insulting to be classed with those people.

How do you determine that though ?

The first question I would pose is, 'Why do you have strong feelings about a cause which has no direct impact on you or yours?'

If you're not a Palestinian or an Israeli, the conflict has no impact on you whatsoever, so your motivation to involve yourself in it is open to question.

There are currently more than 30 armed conflicts raging around the world, the Israel Palestinian conflict is at the bottom of that list in casualties and intensity yet garners more rancor than all the rest combined.

If there is no personal impact from the conflict, and the scale of the conflict pales in comparison to others, there must be another, underlying, reason why so many people take such a vehement interest in it. I can only speculate on that reason. But, history tends to repeat itself.

There are Holocaust deniers on this very thread so its pretty easy to work out their motivation.

A word on Holocaust Deniers. I don't fear them at all. Not only are they are dumb, clumsy, ham-fisted, and obvious, they are remarkably honest (not in their denial, but in their goals). They make it clear that while they don't believe the Holocaust happened, they would clearly enjoy creating one of their own. A stupid and obvious enemy is not much of a threat.

A more insidious threat is the so-called, anti-Zionist. The person who claims not to hate Jews, per se, but just the idea that Jews have a sovereign state where they are no longer able to be contained or controlled by a host nation. It should be clear to even the most casual student of History that Jews under the control of a host nation are vulnerable to destruction on the thinnest of provocations.

The anti-Zionist will imply that the idea of a Jewish Homeland is anathema but they will lobby vigorously for a Palestinian Homeland, despite the fact that modern Palestinians are in fact Arabs and have lived in peace in Arab lands for centuries.

The anti-Zionist will attach a sinister motivation to anything Israel (or supporters of Israel) do because they believe the very existence of a Jewish State is a threat to their world view.

The anti-Zionist is dishonest in their goals and their arguments. They will respond with pearl-clutching outrage if they are called anti-Semitic, but are very open that they aren't interested in any argument that might suggest that Israel is anything but an illegal or immoral state.

The first question I would pose is, 'Why do you have strong feelings about a cause which has no direct impact on you or yours?'

If you're not a Palestinian or an Israeli, the conflict has no impact on you whatsoever, so your motivation to involve yourself in it is open to question.

There are currently more than 30 armed conflicts raging around the world, the Israel Palestinian conflict is at the bottom of that list in casualties and intensity yet garners more rancor than all the rest combined.

If there is no personal impact from the conflict, and the scale of the conflict pales in comparison to others, there must be another, underlying, reason why so many people take such a vehement interest in it. I can only speculate on that reason. But, history tends to repeat itself.
Thats a pretty flimsy argument. People take an interest in all manner of conflicts.Why should we not take an interest in this ?

Thats a pretty flimsy argument. People take an interest in all manner of conflicts.Why should we not take an interest in this ?

I asked first ...

Postscript: Israel and Palestinian Conflict
Discussions:

More than the contents of all the other regional threads combined.

I'm going to do something very stereo-typically Jewish and answer a question with another question.

If a person (an there are those here that do this) consistently starts threads about crimes committed by Blacks, and makes no mention of crimes by other groups, would you believe that person just has an interest in general crime and only happens to specialize in crimes committed by Blacks ... OR, would you suspect a more insidious motivation to his posts?

Forum List

Back