Anti-mask protester arrested after shoving high school student has charge downgraded

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
The anti-mask protester arrested after shoving a female student at Fort Lauderdale High School on had his charge downgraded Thursday.

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department said they filed the wrong charge of aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony, changing it to child abuse without great bodily harm, a third-degree felony. A department spokeswoman did not immediately respond to questions about why the charge changed or who determined the initial charge was wrong.

Dan Bauman, an anti-mask protester with a history of confrontations, shoved the masked student Wednesday after she tried to take his phone while he shot video of her. Videos of the incident were later posted to social media. The 50-year-old Fort Lauderdale man was immediately arrested.

So here is a grown man that shoved a kid down over a mask.

What's next?

The anti-mask protester arrested after shoving a female student at Fort Lauderdale High School on had his charge downgraded Thursday.

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department said they filed the wrong charge of aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony, changing it to child abuse without great bodily harm, a third-degree felony. A department spokeswoman did not immediately respond to questions about why the charge changed or who determined the initial charge was wrong.

Dan Bauman, an anti-mask protester with a history of confrontations, shoved the masked student Wednesday after she tried to take his phone while he shot video of her. Videos of the incident were later posted to social media. The 50-year-old Fort Lauderdale man was immediately arrested.

What's next?
Someone is going to get fucked up over this mask shit. I thought I was going to have to fuckup this dude that was yelling at the walmart lady over a mask.

You cant pick a side. Someone started it. I dont recall anyone on the left saying anything political about it. I did hear the right politicize it.
Both sides politicized it. It ended up us against them. If you wore a mask the other side chastised you for doing so.
If you didn't wear a mask the other side chastised you.
Just because you "don't recall" doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

What's next?

That's absolutely crazy behavior... I sure hope the judge thinks so.

What's next?
These incidents are happening all over and have been. They just don't get caught on camera or the police don't get called. Some guy put his hands on my 18 year old son who was working and doing his job by asking the man to put on a mask per company policy. My son is no joke though, and i guess he told the guy he had 3 choices: mask up, leave, or go to sleep right there on the floor. Manager gave the kid free dinner haha

I'm now gonna wear a mask just to anger someone. At 90 years of age I can more than hold my own.

What's next?

No, he shoved her because she tried to steal something that didn't belong to her.

She tried to steal his phone. What did she expect? A pat on the ass?

She's lucky she didn't get shot...

She tried to steal his phone. What did she expect? A pat on the ass?

She's lucky she didn't get shot...
He is also lucky he didn't do something so gross and immoral as shoot a child over a cell phone. , else he would go to prison forever, and rightfully so.

Forum List

Back