Anti-gunners can't push their agenda without lying and hiding the truth....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This article details more lying and hiding the truth by anti-gunners.......they hide which states have increases in gun deaths, then hide the truth that the majority of increase is due to gun suicide, not gun crime...

They are asshats...

Newsweek Writer Inadvertently Blows Holes In Gun Control Argument

Massachusetts isnā€™t the only state with restrictive firearms laws that saw a big increase in the gun death rate. New Jerseyā€™s gun death rate increased by more than 20% from 1999 to 2017, as did Illinoisā€™.

Nationally, and in most states, the increase in the gun-related death rate comes solely from the increase in gun-related suicides. Gun-related homicides have declined slightly since 1999, but gun-related suicides have increased dramatically since 2012. Unfortunately, so have non-gun related suicides. Our suicide rate is the highest itā€™s been since World War II, and itā€™s not going to be addressed by passing an ā€œassault weapons banā€ or a ban on 20-round magazines, which are two of the laws in California and New York cited by Stockler as evidence that restrictive gun laws reduce suicide.

Stocklerā€™s entire premise is that these two states with restrictive gun laws were the only states to see a reduction, but then the writer points out that states like Massachusetts saw their gun-related death rates climb. Stockler also ignores completely the fact that gun-friendly Arizona saw its rate decline. Itā€™s clearly not as simple as ā€œgun control laws reduce gun-related deathsā€, because if it were New Jerseyā€™s gun-related death rate wouldnā€™t have had a bigger increase than the state of Texas. Yet thatā€™s exactly what happened.

Funny, Colorado went to common sense gun regulations and the death rate from firearms went down and the mass shootings (we have had 3 major mass shootings) have completely stopped. For the most part, even the 2nd amendment fans here support our current regulations as they have worked without being that restrictive for gun ownership.

Can I buy a gun in less than 15 minutes at a Gun Show or a Gun Shop? Yes.

Can I have a thousand rounds of Ammo on hand? Yes.

Do I need a special license to open carry in a public place that isn't against a Federal State or Local venue? No.

Can I own an full automatic weapon as long as I adhere to the FFL Firearms Laws? Yes.

Do we have the Make my day law for bad guys entering our domiciles with violence in mind? Yes.

Can I defend myself with a gun in public or those around me from armed violent people? Yes.

Our Gun Regulations do have restrictions but we also did community education along with it. It's not just Gun Regulations that make the difference, it's the Community itself. We have had one School Mass shooting only 9 miles from here in a Rural Town that was stopped by the community involvement without the community having to drag iron. If you get the community involved you can have medium gun regulations and they will work. If you don't have the community involvement there aren't enough gun regulations in the world that will work as well. If you have NO gun regulations you end up with El Paso,Tx..

Funny, Colorado went to common sense gun regulations and the death rate from firearms went down and the mass shootings (we have had 3 major mass shootings) have completely stopped. For the most part, even the 2nd amendment fans here support our current regulations as they have worked without being that restrictive for gun ownership.

Do I need a special license to open carry in a public place that isn't against a Federal State or Local venue? No.

Can I own an full automatic weapon as long as I adhere to the FFL Firearms Laws? Yes.

Do we have the Make my day law for bad guys entering our domiciles with violence in mind? Yes.

Can I defend myself with a gun in public or those around me from armed violent people? Yes.

Our Gun Regulations do have restrictions but we also did community education along with it. It's not just Gun Regulations that make the difference, it's the Community itself. We have had one School Mass shooting only 9 miles from here in a Rural Town that was stopped by the community involvement without the community having to drag iron. If you get the community involved you can have medium gun regulations and they will work. If you don't have the community involvement there aren't enough gun regulations in the world that will work as well. If you have NO gun regulations you end up with El Paso,Tx..

Correlation does not equal causation. This applies to the OP as well.

and the death rate from firearms went down and the mass shootings (we have had 3 major mass shootings) have completely stopped.

Are you really this dumb? Nothing Colorado did stopped mass shooters or lowered the gun murder rate......gun crime is down across the country as now more than 18.6 million people can carry guns for self defense.

Forum List

Back