Anti gun, gun control measures failed to stop shooting...again...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Universal Background checks, magazine limits, gun rationing, registering guns....they are all equally pointless and useless at stopping gun crime and mass shootings....why? Because when a criminal wants or needs a gun, they will get that gun by breaking the law.....this is about how a recent shooter got his gun by getting someone who could pass a background check pick it up for him.....this is the "straw Purchase" that anti gunners complain about....but don't realize that they can make new laws about this all they want...but it was already illegal to do what these two guys did...and none of the other measures the anti gunners worship would have stopped these events....

Background Checks Couldn 8217 t Help Gun Used In City Hall Shooting Was Obtained Through Straw Purchase Concealed Nation

New details were released by the Sheriff today saying that the shotgun used in the shooting was obtained illegally through a straw purchase. For those unfamiliar, a straw purchase is a purchase of a firearm by a person who can successfully pass a background check, and then that firearm is privately sold to a person who would not be able to pass the same background check.

Raymond Kmetz, 68, had a long record of disputes with New Hope officials. He was killed Monday night after he opened fire on officers outside the New Hope City Council chambers. Kmetz could not legally buy a gun because of his history of mental illness, which included commitments to the Minnesota Security Hospital in St. Peter.

Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek said told reporters Friday that Kmetz bought three guns via an online auction site and had a 42-year-old Golden Valley man pick them up for him at a licensed dealer. The guns included the shotgun he used Monday night.

The buyer admitted to purchasing the guns for Kmetz and was booked into Hennepin County Jail, the sheriff said.

Although police were there to stop the man, Council Member John Elder was captured on video drawing his firearm at the first sound of gun shots. He did not have to engage the gunman, since police encountered him first outside of the chambers.

What I personally take away from stories such as these is that it’s so dang important for people to arm themselves. They can pass a million gun control laws, and we’ll still have people sneak through the system like this man did.

Kmetz could not legally buy a gun because of his history of mental illness, which included commitments to the Minnesota Security Hospital in St. Peter.

So...the background check system worked....kept guns out of his hands....and the guy who bought the guns passed the background check...

and the dangerously mentally ill person still got a shotgun....and still shot people.....

See what I mean.....

so...the guy who did the shooting is dead, and the buyer is in custody.....so how did Background checks stop this shooting....dittos magazine limits...since he used a shotgun, and dittos registration and gun rationing.....?

What stopped the guy....good guys with guns....in this case police...but he did drop two officers before he was killed.....and had they been the only two officers there....there was another good guy in the council chambers with a gun who might very well have stopped him.....

But....if it was left to anti gunners....that man in the council chamber would not have had that gun...and if the police had failed...more people would have died....

Last edited:
Now...I know what you anti gunners are thinking....he got the gun through a "straw purchase" and you think you have a winner with your "gun show loopholes" argument.....but you don't....

The guy who bought the gun knew something was wrong with the transaction...why? Because the guy crazy guy told him....can you buy this gun for me...I can't pass the federal background check because I am crazy.....or he said something close to that....

The thing is...the guy who bought the gun knew the shooter couldn't buy the gun on his own......and he still bought the gun for the guy.....in violation of all kinds of federal anti gun laws......

So again....the anti gun laws did not stop the shooting....but....it will lock up the criminals for a while....

So again....lock up gun criminals for a long time....leave law abiding gun owners alone...since all you want is to stop gun criminals....right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back